Not firing Gase now - Could this be Chris Johnson biggest blunder ever?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, Oct 17, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

He's not Peyton Manning. His family isn't millionaires who can afford for him to take a career ending injury by holding out of the NFL draft in order to return to Clemson just to "run away from the Jets".

Who does Trevor expect to play for if being drafted 1st overall? The Steelers, Patriots, Packers, Chiefs, Ravens, Santa, Buccaneers, Seattle, Chicago, Tennessee etc etc? Not happening kid. Sorry.

GTFO here regardless of which bottom feeder picks #1 overall A.) It'll be an awful team and B.) It'll become his childhood dream come true to become drafted 1st overall!! Jets or not!

And don't look now but outside of Trevor the Jets will have 3 more 1st round picks over the next two years and a Franchise with the #1 amount of available cap space + a FRANCHISE LT in Becton already in place. Trevor will not turn us down.

barfolomew and Borat like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

barfolomew likes this.
  3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I am not sure I wouldn't rather have Justin Fields (remember watching him on the QB1 series on Netflix)

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Justin is another very good prospect, who can turn out great NFL player, but there is more risk here. Lawrence won National Championship in his first year. Same year Justin was a backup to Fromm in Georgia. Second year for both, Justin moved to Ohio State, and so far is Justin's only year with great performance. Did really well that (last) and lost to Clemson, Lawrence's team, as a favored number 2 seed. Lawrence starred in that game, and advanced to another national championship game, where he lost to 3 year older Burrow, who just went #1 overall. Justin threw 2 out of 3 total picks for the year in that game against Clemson.

Has not yet started 3d season, starting next week, while Lawrence already looks on the way to 3d National Championship, playing amazing. Lawrence also is taller. At this point this is not close, but a lot will depend how Justin does this year. If he has a season like last year or better, whoever ends up #2 or 3 will probably take him.

5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

He has already said he's entering the draft after this season and we will have a different coach and roster next year. We have the most cap space in the NFL and a lot of early picks in the next draft.

SOJAZ and barfolomew like this.
  6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Horrendous. Perriman has been dealing with injury. Mims is injured. Herndon looks like shit. And Crowder is having a good year.

All together, they look like dog shit.

Why do you ask?

And btw, Sam Darnold is a piece of shit. All the bullshit I thought about him was dead ass wrong.

7. Its really not important. You were & are still entitled to your opinion. It doesnt make any difference who is right & who is wrong.

But WTH did i ever do to you beyond disagreeing on a handful of occassions to have you double down on insults stemming from nothing more than not liking my opinion about Joe Douglas?

8. Falco21

You haven't done anything. I simply stated that you can revel in your lunacy regarding Joe Douglas. I tried to make you see the other side, and you wanted nothing of it.

Do I hold a personal vandetta against you? Absolutely not. I would likely have a beer with you if I ever met you in person. Still think your view on Douglas is lunacy

9. And thats fine. As ive clarified he deserves more time & i would give him more time..BUT the state of this roster & just the overall organizational performance has been so poor that I wouldnt be upset if he got fired along w everyone else incl at the bye week.Its been that bad across the board.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

A bit harsh on Sam. He's played like shit, but a POS? He seems like a good kid who just can't get it done.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Falco21

By piece of shit I meant as a player.

He does not look good, at all.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

So now Roddy White goes on record, advising Lawrence not to go to the Jets, because they have no idea how to put an offense together. I wonder how poisoned the well will be by the media by season end.

#212 LAJet, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He's not wrong. This team last had an above average offense in 2015, and it was with imported players.

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and LAJet like this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Why aren't players on the Jets doing what Dallas players are doing and blasting their coaching staff?

You see. Sam is not a leader. He just sits back and takes it. He's scared to call out Adam Gase.

BomberJet likes this.
  15. JustinDaseezin

JustinDaseezin Active Member

Yes that too is another option.

16. JustinDaseezin

17. JustinDaseezin

I agree...

that point I was making was to someone who made it seem like the #1 pick guarantees drafting a QB that will accomplish what Manning did over his career. Wasn’t taking nothing away from their success.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Still. It doesn't matter. You do not quit on a kid that soon after being drafted 3rd round. I mean. Gase didn't even give him a single game to see if he could compete before kicking him to the curb.

Polite couldn't get one game? But yet Gase gets multiple season's?

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Agree, you make a draft pick that hiigh, at least try to give the guy chance. Try to set him him up for success. This was another example, not gases guy, so has to go! Because Mac drafted him. I posted article earlier on players get from under Gase they get a reprise on other teams. Goes back to phins time. It is such a joke, unbelievable the guy is in charge of people’s livelihood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#219 Sack exchange, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. DefenseWinsChampionships

I wish a reporter would ask him. Word for word...

"So Adam. You quit on a 3rd round KID before he ever played 1 game in Polite, right? Well, then, why haven't you quit on YOURSELF after two horrible seasons here in NY?!?!?"

Fucking prick he is.