How many years does JD get?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 14, 2020.

?

How many years does JD get to show progress?

1. 2 more years

39 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. 3 more years

34 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. 6 more years

7 vote(s)
    7.6%
  4. 10 more years (5 year contract extension)

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Forever....

7 vote(s)
    7.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Not surprising because that dude is the dumbest football fan I've ever run across. He knows NOTHING about the game. He is wrong on every single post.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

A number of posters here are not thinking rationally. They've lost it. They are so upset, so frustrated, that they can't think straight. They're running on pure emotion, and that emotion is disgust, so they are blaming everyone. It's sad.

Jets81, PJ4Ever and Cman68 like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

ROFLMAO!!!

#63 NCJetsfan, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Jets_Grinch likes this.
  4. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Trade Darnold to the cowboys. They’d give a haul

kevda5n9ne and PJ4Ever like this.
  5. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Problem with that is that you have to keep Darnold if you don’t get Lawrence. It would be so Jets to trade him and then win a random game or 2 to lose the top pick

kevda5n9ne and Jets79 like this.
  6. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

fields should be coming out also he is the better athlete. but the issue with JD is the team is not competitive, does he get some of the blame yes but allot of that falls on gase not doing a good job coaching, you can bring the best ball players with all world talent and Gase will fail them and not develop or use their talents

7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I'm encouraged to read some of the posts here. Yes JD deserves a leash to get his guys in here and see if he actually has a true blueprint/system to turn this thing around.

Yet at the same time the honeymoon is now over and he needs to start producing and soon. Seriously he needs to start drafting/acquiring impact guys. Most of his OL moves haven't panned out so far (minus Becton) and not grabbing more skill position talent in the draft are the two biggest dings on him right now.

Either way he needs to start producing soon so we can see if he knows what the hell he's doing.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I vote 6. Seems crazy but F-it. We need some damn stability and I'll ride with JD even if he gets his coaching hire wrong and needs another year to sharpen his draft strategy. I'm just so sick of this team see-sawing back and forth between coach and GM. Six more years of JD should still yield a better result than what we've been doing.

cval likes this.
  9. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

He has tried to fix the o-line and it is not getting better besides Becton who is having problems staying on the field.We are 0-6 and we aren't seeing many of his rookies playEvery football team has at least one player to get excited about even during a total rebuild.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

If he believes in Gase than maybe a few more weeks

11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I was watching the Giants game on DVR yesterday and man, what a disaster Thomas is looking like at LT. he was the first tackle taken in the draft and he looks like another Erik Flowers or Wayne Hunter right now...a literal turnstile. He was getting abused with spin moves, bull rushes, you name it.

Becton has looked WORLDS better so far. Not even close.

man looks like we got the right guy...

Footballgod214 and BradysTornACL like this.
  12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I voted 2.

They’ll need to prove they’re a different (read better coached) team next season, then at least be in the playoff hunt at the end of the following season. The Johnsons like to talk about “progress” and that would be enough to buy Douglas more time.

Brook! likes this.
  13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

EO Next year is it for me. Other than the Big Ticket (which was a choice made for him) He deserves every inch of criticism.
    This nonsense of his 1st year gets a pass is some BS the FO fed you guys because he's a fukin Yes man.

They just wanna sit on their cash and act like they know what they're doing in their practice cup of coffee circle jerks.

Tired of incompetence getting glory.
    We need accountability.

88toon, Brook! and Cman68 like this.
  14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Agree we need accountability...starting with the fucking dumbass owners

but not sure what you mean about Becton being a choice made for him?

No one dictated he use the first round pick on a tackle, and I believe there were two of the four left to choose from.

so he made that call as far as I know, and though I’ve only seen Thomas play of the other three, so I’m not sure how the other two guys are doing, it sure looks like Becton was the right call

as for the thread topic question, I think he held out for 6 years for a reason as he knew how bad this roster was, and the fact that the owners gave it to him tells me that he’ll get plenty of time to execute his vision....I think they give him at least 4 years...shit, Mac got 5 and he was HORRENDOUS.

I’m not 100% on board with all of his moves...I would have signed Robby personally since at SOME point you actually have to keep SOME of the young players to start building on, and some of his OL fixes are not playing much better than the guys we already had (though the fact that they are on short term deals kind of tells you that he wasn’t sold on them either), but he is the first guy literally since Parcells that has come in here with the resume and credentials to back him up.

I think a lot of these short term deals may result in a coupLe extra comp picks...I like the way he has maneuvered around the draft to add picks...

so let’s see. He needs to add talent literally at every spot...QB, OL, WR, CB, DE/OLB, RB...they are ALL needs, so let’s see what he does with all those picks and that cap space. Jury is still out on his first draft, but Becton, Mann, and I like what little I saw of Mims all look good. Not yet sold on Perine, Davis, or anyone else but maybe Huff can show something, or Zuniga.

either way I don’t see him getting fired before three or four years...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

a common theme in society today...

16. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Who did Gase bring in as a GM. JD, Gase had complete control of the Jets when they hired JD. JD took the job knowing the power Gase had in the building. JDs offseason moves are alot like the moves the fins made when Gase was in Miami. Weird fixes to the o-line( many teams like the dolphins rebuilt their o-lines this past off season with mid rd draft picks and average free agents), Frank Gore, trading number 1 rb, Gase i believe controls JD. Gase is still in charge of all of it. JD is Gases puppet

17. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

AGREED. And it's not even really his first year. It's 2 full seasons and one offseason. News Flash - You don't just improve a team in the offseason. And the talent has gotten embarrassingly worse. The one goal this offseason was to fix the O line and it's still a train wreck.

If they 0-16 their way to Lawrence and with all the cap space and picks he has, anything less than 8-8 next year, even with a rookie Qb is fireable after next season.

Brook! likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

I totally disagree. How is he supposed to improve the team during the season? The only way is via trade, and no team is going to trade quality players during the season unless they realize they're going nowhere and are conducting a fire sale, or a player has become a cancer in the lockerroom or has off-field issues. Even then, you usually wind up having to overpay. Douglas is doing things the right way. He's seeking to build through the draft. He's not making panic-type moves like Mac, Idzik and the other idiot GMs we have had have made. He knows that it's going to take time to rebuild this team correctly, he has that time, and he's going to do things the best way he knows how, and not rush or panic because fans are impatient.

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@Cman65 - Boss. Do we keep this sticky or time to unsticky? :)

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not really relevant until after the upcoming '21 draft. Unsticky

Brook! likes this.