Sports Ill: "Lawrence should steer away from the Jets"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Oct 19, 2020.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I just wonder ..ahahah

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Sunshine in the City!

3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

probs on this- agree

4. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Yes, lay off the booze. If you think Harbaugh is coming you have another thing coming. First, he would want full control. I do not believe in HC's having full control. Leave Douglas alone as GM and let him hire the HC.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  5. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Amen. That is all on The Johnson's. Stupid way to run your organization that way. Can you say clueless?

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  6. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Keeping Gase as HC would make me not want to come here if I was Lawrence.

7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I have hard time believing that Lawrence will be a Jet.
    I do not know how or why, but being Jet fan for 50 years leads me to believe it won’t happen.

IDFjet likes this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Would you rather be drafted by the Jets in the 7th round or walk onto the Chiefs as an UDFA? Be honest.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Do you think a player on the fringe of getting drafted or having to drag his feet for days waiting to get signed cares who takes him?

I'd rather be drafted than not. It's also going to be harder to make the Chiefs roster than the Jets. So I'd rather be where I have the best chance to make the team and ultimately play so I can make more money.

No college athlete in the history of being drafted would rather go undrafted than not. Maybe La'el Collins but that was a weird situation.

10. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I think 17 is generous.

22 starters on Offense and Defense, plus K, P, and Long Snapper. that's 25 starters per team.

We currently have Darnold, Becton, Q. Williams, Mann, Maye and Hennessey.

I say we need 19 starters. More if we're moving on from Darnold.

11. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Lawrence staying away is only going to prolong the inevitable. No matter what team drafts him 1st will be a loser. Staying in school he would be risking injury. Hire a good coach & have good FA signing & that will be more reason to come here. I know what your going to say, who will want to coach the Jets. Well, Lawrence, 10 Draft picks 2 #1, & 2 #1 picks 2022, not to mention the pick we get from trading Sam & JD is well respected around the league. I feel with a good coach, good draft, & 80mil+ in Cape space we can make a quick turn around,

12. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

how can anyone believe these stories? if you're near the top of the draft with extremely rare exception you are going to an ass-suck situation. Welcome to the NFL

turn those jeers into cheers!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You're right, but chances are Gase is fired by the end of the season and $20+ million likely will play a factor in him going into the draft and not giving two fucks about the Jets sucking.

Brook! likes this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

There's a certain prestige that comes from making it as an Undrafted FA. Guys like Tony Romo, Kurt Warner, Warren Moon, Antonio Gates, Welker, Priest Homes, James Harrison, Rod Smith, Fletcher, even Camron Wake were all UDFA who made it big. Our own Robbie Anderson. Game announcers love to mention a star started out as a UDFA. They never mention if someone was a 7th round pick (have any 7th round picks even made it big?).

I think it starts with GM's who use the 7th round for punters and kickers. But GMs use UDFA to sign 'diamond in the rough' skill players (Anderson for one. Huff another). Plus GMs LOVE it when one of their hand picked UDFAs make it big.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Shannon Sharpe, Donald Driver, Marques Colston, Bo Jackson, Julian Edelman, etc.

There is just zero chance a player wants to go undrafted dude. It's a nonsensical argument.

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Dak Prescott should be a prime example of why you take the money.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

"I need to avoid the Jets so I can go to the Washington Football Team or the Jaguars!"

This thought process is ridiculous. It's not how the NFL works.

Having said that, I think people are jumping to the conclusion that the Jets will have the #1 pick way too fast. There are some bad teams out there. I am not sure Jacksonville will win another game. The Vikings and Falcons are bad and could definitely use Lawrence. The NFC East is so bad that it may cancel out the Washington Football Team, Eagles and Giants because they all play each other. Could the Jets win 2 of their next 10 though? If Sam is QB, I say yes.

Brook! likes this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

We can try to explain it away as much as we want but in the end, there’s no way anyone can watch what our franchise did to the most talented quarterback in the draft and think that another guy who is hands-down the most talented in his class should feel comfortable with playing for us.

we had the ideal situation. A supremely talented quarterback and a head-coaching vacancy plus a ton of money to spend. We went and hired the worst coach imaginable and did nothing to help the quarterback in terms of the talent around him. The one player we did sign, the head coach ran out of town after misusing him for an entire season.

Why should anyone, from the fans to the media to Lawrence himself, think that this time it would be any different? We havent earned the benefit of the doubt.

19. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The SI article is asinine - Gase will be gone - the Jets have $$ up the wazoo , Trevor likes the challenge plus why risk an injury in College?

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Luckily for Lawrence, he can see what unfolds with the Jets before he says anything. He can see who they hire at Head Coach, what the direction will be, etc. As long as it doesn't look horrendous, he can just accept his fate. If it looks shady again, then he can pull an Eli or Elway if he really wants to.