Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

"We haven’t done anything well this year at all"

Says it all really. So who is responsible for making sure they do things well, for putting the coaches in place to help them do things well, etc? Plenty of blame to go around, but the responsibility lies with one person alone.

2. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

How is it 7:30 and he's still the coach. Save the players first. Fans second. This is awful. I don't know one fan who looks forward to watching this team. Once Gase goes not that it'll change much but at least we won't feel like we are being held hostage anymore. Hans Gruber needs to leave this team.

ColoradoContrails and barfolomew like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It’s astonishing how a guy that was hailed as a QB whisperer will end up going down as a QB destroyer.

4. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

I might have voted once or twice.

5. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

Not even remotely. I'm a firm supporter of his as the Jets HC.

6. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Here's what Peter King had to say this morning in his column

I think it’s going to be positively painful for the Jets to put their fans/players through 11 more weeks of what we’re seeing, and hearing. (At least one of those weeks is a bye, so the pain won’t extend to the three hours on Sunday.) The CBS crew doing the Jets’ sixth loss Sunday—they’re 0-6—reported that coach Adam Gase responded to defensive coordinator Gregg Williams’ claim during the week that the Jets Defense wasn’t solely responsible for their poor numbers this year by saying, “That’s not what we need. Everyone needs to shut up and play.” Yikes.

Three questions: How can Williams stay on after blame-shifting on a bad team? How can Gase stay—particularly when two teams have already whacked their head coaches to get a head start on the search process, and when the Jets know they’ll be firing Gase anyway, and after seeing the same old nonsense (the third-down snap with the offense in field-goal range with Joe Flacco not looking and the ball bouncing away, forcing them to punt)? And who would be put in position to be interim coach, if Richie Kotite would not come out of retirement?

7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but I would be very happy if they just cancelled the rest of the season or better yet did an NBA and cancelled it just for the bad teams.

For the first time in 50 plus years I have no desire to watch anymore Jets games. I will still watch them even though I know there is no value in watching. Please Roger end our agony and cancel the rest of the Jets season.

#5807 Noam, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    KurtTheJetsFan, donkey and AJT73 like this.
  8. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. Adam Gase is so unlikeable which makes the team unlikeable. Besides Becton O don't even know if we have players who'll be here next year which is crazy. Add in that the owners are unlikeable too. But yet us as fans keep coming back for more. It's bad. It's been bad before but never this bad. Why at 2:53 Gase is still the coach amazes me. At this point I hope Buffalo beats the Jets 50-0 next weekend. Just let the embarrassment and circus act continue.

Noam likes this.
  9. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Only 38 years for me, but this is spot on. But I'll be watching again next week. I know it'll be shit, it'll be shit, rinse and repeat.

Noam likes this.
  10. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

based on what seriously he has Sam regressing the team is worse then before he has more double digit loses then wins and his offense the last 5 yrs has been in the bottom of the league at this point it is not the teams it is gase. Tannehill has performed better wiothout him so he is not qb or offensiver guru at this poitn fire them man. Not to sound like I am attacking but to support gase at this point shows something lacking like the ability to judge coaches.....

horsehead likes this.
  11. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That was the original person who I quoted, obviously with the right person running the ship and vision it would take at least 3 years before we can sniff being a contender

12. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Because Gase is the type of guy that will make things worse and would extend the rebuild. Our bad talent will get us Trevor, we don't need a guy that is trying to turn us into a circus

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Again, to those who claim that we shouldn't fire Gase now because he gives us the best chance to go 0-16 and win the Trevor Lawrence Sweepstakes need to realize that there is no such guarantee - either that they fail to win a game under Gase, or that Lawrence will agree to come out rather than play his senior year to avoid this clusterfuck. The ONLY guarantee that is possible is that by firing Gase NOW, he won't be around to continue fucking things up.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I havent watched the last 2 games and i wont be watching until Gase is gone...

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

How often does this really happen though dude? It's happened three times. On two of those occasions their names were Manning. The other one was Elway who had the baseball leverage.

Lawrence has already said he's going to the NFL next year. Why do you think he's lighting teams up for 50 points in a half? He already has his National Championship and he'll likely play in one more this year. Now he wants the Heisman and to retire as a top 10 CFB quarterback of all time.

He's not going back to school.

SOJAZ and REVISion like this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I acknowledged that it isn't likely, but the point of my post was to get those who are counting on Gase to take the Jets to 0-16 and thus "guarantee" Lawrence becoming a Jet to pump the brakes.

17. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

Dude.

I’m a Dolphins fan. That’s why.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

How can Gase still be calling the plays?

It makes no sense, he's the worst play caller the Jets have ever had and we've had some doozies over the years.

It probably does not make sense to fire him before the bye but as the HC he decides who is going to call the plays and he has the worst possible guy on the offensive staff calling plays at this point.

Only the Jets could get themselves in a situation where no fix is possible because the guy who decides on the fix is also the guy who needs to be fixed.

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You must have been at it all night, with the rest of his family - it's now at 38%.

I thought maybe he got fired and I missed it. I could approve of that.

20. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

I may or may not have started a campaign on another message board.