Why should anyone watch this team?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Oct 18, 2020.

?

Will you continue to watch this team?

1. Yes, I'm a diehard Jets fan and will watch no matter what.

18 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No, I'm sick of punishing myself and those around me with the uncontrollable outbursts watching them

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. I will resume watching when Gase is no longer the HC.

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. I'm officially done as a Jets fan from now until forever.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

People watch this team?

2. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

To see them lose. I want every game to be a pile on blow out at this point. Today I was actively rooting for the shutout. This organization deserves to be embarrassed for its incompetence. This is the worst it's been in my 30 years as a Jets fan. This is far worse than the 1-15 season.... THAT was a bad NFL team. This team is something worse.

#22 hastygreen, Oct 18, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    88toon and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'll watch some since I finally can to see how the young players do. I'm rooting for them to lose every game, so I certainly don't want to see them win, but hope they at least play well. I hope that Sam plays well, so we can get a better draft pick for him or if we keep him, he won't be completely ruined by Gase.

88toon likes this.
  4. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to watch many Jet games recently. They're on Connecticut stations if they're doing well, but that hasn't been the case in years, so I haven't seen them much. I haven't missed much though, obviously.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

I couldn't watch today. For the first time since a kid. I intensionally missed a game without watching a single play.

Couple hours ago I finally checked the box score. 24-0. I didn't miss much. But feel even more lost.

I'm sad to say but I'm happy with the results. I can't actually watch the Jets. With my own two eyes. and hope they do and play bad. I don't have it in me. I'm sorry but that doesn't excite me as a Jets fan. So today. I didn't watch. Because I didn't want to see us win. I want the #1 pick. I want Trevor Lawrence. The Jets are better off losing without me watching.

After seeing both NYG and ATL both winning @ 1:00? I knew in my heart a Jets win today? after both NYG/ATL won? I knew to root for a win would make zero sense. Sadly.

I was so happy to see NYG and ATL win to the point of not wanting to watch the Jets play today.

I watched Aaron Rodgers vs Tom Brady game instead. I was rooting for Brady to lose I wanted Packers. My daughter asked me papa why you not watching the Jets today? Before I could respond my wife started laughing. I thought for a moment. It wasn't a moment I was proud of. Even my own flesh and blood asking me why I'm not watching my team play on Sunday? From a kid a lifelong homer to a 35 yo father who didn't want to see my team on TV today... It stinks. I had to tell my lil girl the truth. I can't never lie to her. I had to explain myself to her. I say almost word 4 word "well papa not watching the Jets game because if they win they really lose and if they lose we really win" and both my girls looked at me in confusion.

I'm actually disappointed in myself. I've already apologized to my daughter and let her know I was a sore loser fan today. And I'm sorry 4 quitting on my favorite team and not even watching. I promised myself I'll never not watch a Jets game again. Gotta take the loses on the head. That way if we ever do win a SB it'll taste sweeter. I'll focus on how bad we are as a team this way I don't feel guilty for wanting to see Trevor + 3 other 1st rounders + A+ cap space for him. But I'll never just not watch a game for the sake of a draft pick again. I didn't like the feeling of just not watching. I wasn't myself today.

I can't find humor in this crap. Gase has to go. Just look @ the score board. It's obvious the team has quit on him. The locker room is lost and defeated. 24-0. Good!

I'll continue watching. But. I already can't wait until next year. Today was a sad day in Jets history. The day I watched Brady vs. Rodgers instead. The day I dreamed of TREVOR LAWRENCE #1 OVERALL. The day I realized it's so bad that I can't quit. Because it can't get any worse than this.

I can't let GASE make me not watch OUR JETS ever again. He's not worth it. He'll be gone soon. I can't let Gase make me quit on my childhood. Na. Today was a mistake. I didn't watch my team. Because of Gase. Not cool.

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I'm actively rooting for them to lose every single game this season, or at least until the #1 pick is locked up. Only reason I'll still watch.

7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I voted yes, but it isn't like it used to be. I usually watch the Jets on my mobile now with a movie on the big TV. That way I don't get completely drawn into the misery, but can watch from afar. There are still some players I am interested in seeing, but with Sam and Becton both out there is almost zero reason to watch this team.

The Rich Kotite Jets of 1995-6 seemed to find a new way to lose every week. They are either awful on offense or defense or special teams, or there would be some freak play. This team is just awful everywhere. Opposing teams cut through us like we're not there. They always seem to be able to scheme a guy wide open. When we get the ball we always run straight into defenders.

We are beyond bad. I can't see this team winning a game.

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I watched because it's become comical with how bad we are

REVISion likes this.
  9. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

I cant not watch. I try not to watch but then I feel myself pulled in. I kind of watch it on the side now though. I dont expect much at all but the gap in seasons is sooooooo long that its hard not to watch a little. All I want to see now is some progression from some of the young guys or draft picks etc.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I remember in 2005 the Jets lost Chad and then lost Fiedler in the same game. So you were down to Brooks Bollinger, Vinny Testaverde and Cardinals Coach Kliff Kingsbury. It sucked to tune in each week because you knew the Jets would likely lose, but they were still a likeable team and fault hard. This 2020 team has no heart, no soul, and are flat out pathetic. I picked the Dolphins to win yesterday. I don't think I have ever done that in a Jets-Phins matchup, but it was so obvious. With Flacco starting there is 0 reason to watch. When Sam returns, I will be more interested, but will feel bad for him.

cval likes this.
  11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Next Sunday Bills vs Jets or Steelers vs Titans. Good thing I have the Sunday ticket.

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I watch,

I watch....

God forgive me...I watch.

I've stared into the great abyss and it stared back laughing.

Or maybe that was just Gase on the sidelines.

I cant tell whats real anymore. Quick, somebody slap me.

13. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

The Kotite Jets had a competitive roster --Mo Lewis, Marvin Jones, Kyle Clifton, Victor Green, Jumbo Elliot, Hugh Douglas, Keyshawn, Murrell, Aaron Glenn, Richie Anderson, Kyle Brady, Bobby Hamilton, Ray Mickens, Otis Smith, etc., but couldn't execute to save their lives.
    The Gase Jets have almost no NFL players on the roster-- Darnold, Becton, Maye, Q., Mann, Crowder, and 197-year-old Gore-- AND they can't execute.

I remain more upset at the Kotite Jets, because they could have been good, but were awful. Also partly because I expected nothing but the worst from the moment the Gase hire was announced.

14. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Morbid fascination

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Man you guys are weak sauce. Endure the pain like a true Jets fan! I’ve watched every second so far and TBH the Jets might just be the best comedy on TV these days.

16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

You guys that said Gase would suck were right. I gave him a chance and made excuses for him, but he is horrible.

17. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I drove all the way to Florida and I'll be here for the next few weeks. I was gofling yesterday so I missed most of the early games. I get home, change and get a cold drink then put on tv to hopefully watch a good game I'll be damned.... the only game on is Jets / Dolphins... I try to put on red zone and found out its not part of the tv package down here. Not to be fooled into watching Jets / fish I grab my laptop, log into my fios account from up north, and click on red zone. What comes up? Damn Jets / Dolphins in the red zone... I almost lost it there then they switched to another game in the red zone and life got better and the drink tasted better. whew....

barfolomew likes this.
  18. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

I watch because I bet against them every week. Dolphins were -4.5 1h. Easiest money ever.

barfolomew likes this.
  19. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Watched the forst game and a part of a few others. Didn't watch any of the game against miami. Happier for not watching this shit team. Fire gase and ill be back as a viewer next year.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Be careful posting that here. Some poster or posters will remember your honesty, hold that against you, and throw it in your face any time you disagree with them on a post. They'll say, What do you know, you don't even watch the games?" and dismiss your opinion out of hand.