ESPN-Cimini : Gregg Williams takes veiled shot at team's offense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised if Williams gets fired before Gase does.

Cman68 likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Tear down the rebuild so we can rebuild the teardown..

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. Cman68

Agreed. CJ loves Gase so if it comes down to a choice, GW walks the plank.

4. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

This is the beginning of the end of this coaching staff regime. When players start throwing shit at other players is one thing, but when the coaches start throwing shit at other coaches, that's a total meltdown. This is one step closer to firing Gase & the beginning of a new CS regime.

NCJetsfan, FJF, Cman68 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Cman68

I'd love to see GW pull a Buddy Ryan and punch the shit out of Adam Gase..

6. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

An't that the truth. I am waiting for the players to opening revolt, maybe just maybe, that will wake up CJ...but I doubt it.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The team is broke.

But this defense has been absolutely atrocious without Jamal Adams. They've been that on their own merit. No finger pointing is necessary.

8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

It feels,like it’s coming doesn’t it?

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Why not. Loggains aka Flounder is my number one pick for interim HC. Not only will this likely give us the best chance at the number one pick it would be highly amusing in a season with very little amusement and likely the best way to get people to stop laughing at us for hiring Gase as now they can laugh at us for hiring Loggains. Not to mention the idea of a Loggains Bobblehead Day is something even Bill Veek could not have dreamed of. But realistically you are right Williams has the experience and is the best to make a seamless transition and give Sam a chance to reset and show what he has without Gase around.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Of course he's trying to cover his ass. Wouldn't you? I disagree that it's obvious BS. I'm not absolving Williams of blame, but neither am I going to totally dump the blame on him. There are valid reasons why the D is playing so badly.

I agree that when the D is able to get no pressure on opposing QBs, it is at least partially the DC's fault. Who is it on the Jets' D that is supposed to be getting this pressure? Zuniga? He hasn't played? Jenkins?

I also agree that when WRs are open all the time, that it's at least partially the DC's fault. When the players don't have the speed or talent to play man-to-man, the DC is forced into playing zone. In zone, WRs are going to get open. Desir plays 10 yards off of WRs. I have to assume that's because he doesn't have the speed to play them tighter and is trying to avoid giving up a big play or a long TD. What's Williams supposed to do?

I disagree that when the defense is completely gassed midway through the 3rd Qtr. that it's the DC's fault. When the offense suffers as many 3 and outs as our offense does, the opposing offense gets more opportunities and the D spends a lot more time on the field. Let's not forget that there were no mini-camps or OTAs to help get the team in shape, a shorter TC, and no preseason games. Let's also not forget how little talent that side of the ball has, or the number of injuries the team has had. No Mosley, Wiliamson was coming back from a major injury as is Hall, Blake Cashman has been injured, and others. If Williams wasn't rotating players, then one could assign him more of the blame, but he does rotate his players on defense.

I can and do fault Williams for the D committing all the stupid penalties, mental errors, etc., but not for all the rest. I do have one caveat. If he is frustrated with Gase and has stopped trying, and is perhaps sabotaging Gase, then that's another matter entirely.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Many posters here (if not most) thought that this day would come with those two.

jets_fan and BudJet like this.
  12. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It was inevitable.

It's difficult to make the situation that they set up here, basically having 2 head coaches, work. Especially when one of them is woefully unqualified for the position he holds.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Or just pull a Gregg Williams and put a bounty on Gase.

14. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

This’ll sound nuts, but part of me will miss him when he’s gone!