Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

What an ass hat

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

The worst thing about Gase is his character and personality. He's not even likeable. He reminds me of a prick.

REVISion, Jets79, Since1969 and 2 others like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Who was the ex Packers GM? Hopefully not Ron Wolf, he and Casserly were the guys who got us Maccagnan. If it was him, he's probably still sore the Jets canned his little protege.

Jets1035 likes this.
  4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The really scary thing is every bad thing we know about Gase now we knew when he was hired. When he was hired we knew how insecure he was, his desire for power, his inability to take responsibility for his mistakes, his inability to get along with others, his compulsion to lie, his stubbornness, his desire to prove how smart he is to everyone, his refusal to adapt his system, and his stubbornness in playing 11 personal with no pre-snap motion.

What is most glaring here are the character concerns. We were told of them at hire and they are still there. It appears ownership did no research on this guy that or they believe that character, honesty and getting along with others does not matter.

donkey, Fiftynine, Ralebird and 7 others like this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I missed his name. Sounded young. I doubt it was Wolf, based on what he said about Mac.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I would imagine it was Ted Thompson. I can't imagine too many others than him, Gutenkurst (current) and Wolf can eat solid food anymore if they're still with us.

LAJet likes this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We're seeing a side of Gase we haven't seen before: arrogance.

For him to still be calling plays in the wake of the Jets repeated failures on offense is both a joke and a hindrance to his ability to do the job he was hired for which is to be the head coach of the Jets.

LAJet and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he knows he's done and that he'll never be a Head Coach again so he wants to play out the string doing it his way

KurtTheJetsFan and No Fly Zone like this.
  9. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

I watched that interview and it wasn't a former GM, it was former VP Andrew Brandt

IDFjet likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think it was all Casserly who got us Mac. Mac was Casserly's protege.

11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I think you mean puck... he's ice cold and has the personality of a hockey puck.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Sorry Br4d, but his arrogance was there all along. Did you already forget his "I don't care because I'm rich as fuck" comment? He's an arrogant, egotistical asshole, and his only "genius" lies in his self-promotion.

Noam, REVISion, blackssmagic and 3 others like this.
  13. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

OFFENSIVE GENIUS !!!!

14. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

This entire circus of incompetence could have been predicted from Johnson's love of Trump. Both a couple of silver spoon incompetents themselves trying to prove they are the real genius, not Daddy Richbucks, Gase is the perfect hire for those guys, and like those guys, he will run everything he touches straight into the ground.

Ron

#5634 RonPi, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Noam likes this.
  15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well, he fucking offends me. :mad:

16. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Rich as fuck but dumb as shit. Great combination. Come to think of it, that also applies to the esteemed Trust Fund Twits.

As for being a genius, the last NFL geniuses were Bill Walsh and Paul Brown, and I don't think anyone would mention Adam Gase in the same sentence as those two.

stinkyB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Pretty sure most Dol-phans would disagree....

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If you want to count a genius for cheating you could add Belichick to the list.:p

19. Br4d

The reason the Jets are in the situation we're in right now is that the fall of 2018 and Spring of 2019 were completely mishandled by management.

By mid-season 2018 it was clear that Todd Bowles in his 4th season with the team was not going to get it done. That's the kind of in-season coaching change that makes sense. You put an interim guy in and you start searching for his eventual replacement.

Maccagnan should have been fired as well but maybe not until the end of the season.

So instead we got the Jets firing Bowles late and hiring Gase and what did they do in this interval?

They over-marketed by a lot. Gase was this offensive genius brought in to "fix" Sam Darnold and make the Jets immediately competitive. This despite the Jets roster being about as bad as it is at the moment. This despite no evidence that Gase could either produce more points with an offense nor more wins with a team than the talent dictated.

You want to know why Gases eyes were darting around the room at the introductory press conference? Because he knew the Jets roster was a load of crap and he knew the GM had done that and he was listening to himself being described as the savior when HC Jesus himself couldn't have raised the current roster from the dead. Maccagnan was sitting right next to him and the big topic in the media aside from the coaching change was how a few big free agents were going to make all the difference.

So now we have Gase coming in the door to save an unsaveable roster and he's being described (not by himself) as the genius capable of doing this.

After the Bell signing and the draft of Quinnen Williams Gase spends a month doing everything he can to get the GM fired because he has no chance at all to fix things with a failed GM somehow still on the job and still screwing things up all around him.

None of this is to defend Gase, he took the job and he clearly knew what he was getting himself into. However the SOJ marketing plan just turned the knife really well in his ribs and essentially left him no outs.

blackssmagic and Mogriffjr like this.
  20. Br4d

If his arrogance wasn't getting in the way he'd realize that the only real chance he has to be an NFL HC again is to let somebody else call the plays, potentially improve the team's outlook and make the case for Adam Gase has value as a head coach.

Unless Flacco goes on a tear right now or Darnold comes back playing better than he has before it really doesn't matter who calls the plays. The image that will stick in NFL people's minds is Gase with his nose buried in the play sheet as the Jets season disintegrates.

Nobody is going to hire him to do anything in the NFL again if that is how he goes out this season.

He probably won't even be able to get a job at Hofstra if he doesn't even look the part of a head coach when his team is in trouble.