How many years does JD get?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 14, 2020.

?

How many years does JD get to show progress?

1. 2 more years

39 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. 3 more years

34 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. 6 more years

7 vote(s)
    7.6%
  4. 10 more years (5 year contract extension)

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Forever....

7 vote(s)
    7.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

The mistake The Jets have always made is to not take decisive enough action when needed. Lord knows there’s been enough opportunities.

Ideally the owners sell but they won’t. I truly hope JD has made it crystal clear to them and set expectations of what a franchise rebuild looks and feels like and he’s been given the authority to do that as he sees it. If not we’re screwed.

JD for three years after this 0-16 season because he is our Obe Wan Kenobi - “our only hope”

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We're trying not to do the kneejerk reaction thingy this time around..

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Within 2 years there have better be an improvement with this Team...to keep myself on his Bandwagon

He has a 6 year deal that Ownership will probably honor till full term cause thats their pattern

SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  4. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Aside from not bringing back Robby Anderson, what glaring mistakes has JD made ?

If we go 0-16, it's clearly on MM, whose draft picks are HORRENDOUS and whose reputation is evident by his not being picked up (apparently) by any other team in the league.

None of our #1 picks from 2015-17 are on the team.....2018 #1 is hurt.....2019 may be a bust.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

as of right now he has done nothing that makes me think he will eventually lead this team to the promised land. he has been a part of alienating most of the better players, his draft class has time to continue to improve but it surely isnt a world beating class. he has gone full implode mode which i think is dumb and will potentially risk the top flight players he wants to draft at the top of the first round to force moves. he seems belligerent and confident that he can take his sweet ass time. which doesnt work for me. the team has absolutely nothing that anyone can look at and say thats a good personnel group.

when the kotite team went 1-15 there were players who ended up being good and were a part of the turnaround that took all of 1 year, to 9-7 and the following year the playoffs.

the way this guy is going not a single free agent will want to come here.

they need to fire gase, let the gm lead the group hiring the next group and then own that shit. 2 years to see dramatic improvement, to see functional players on the field and to prove he has a clue as a gm. and im talking about role players, how to acquire them, finding guys in rounds 3-7 that can play and add to the team. finding guys in free agency that can come in and be professional football players.

he hasnt shown he can do that yet, everyone can draft first round guys, show me you can draft guys that can add to the team in rounds 3-7

SOJAZ likes this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Anything less than 3 would be SOJ

NCJetsfan and PJ4Ever like this.
  7. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Lol what a horrendously awful take

8. PJ4Ever

Another inexcusably bad take

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. PJ4Ever

Thanks for not allowing such putrid opinions on your site.

10. PJ4Ever

If you want JD fired after ONE offseason, you don’t deserve to be here when he turns them around.

NCJetsfan and Footballgod214 like this.
  11. Thanks for noticing! You have a nice day as well.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  12. PJ4Ever

Hard not notice a sports take as bad as that. I get we’re all pissed off here but cmon now. What an absurd firing that would be.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. People said the same thing when i insisted Josh Allen would be a good NFL QB & in many other instances over these yrs that were proven right. It’s not about being right or wrong but im not here for popularity. I stand by my opinion whether you like it or poo poo it

alleycat9 likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You mean "if," not "when."

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Um... There is nothing "knee jerk" about wanting him gone immediately following an 0-16 season.

These poll options SUCK because it's forcing us to want him for another 2 years? Thnx. But no thanks.

16. Cman68

You really want the Jets to eat the rest of JD's contract? How would you attract another GM Candidate? The Jets' job isn't exactly the most sought after right now. You fire JD now? Nobody will want this job except maybe Payton Manning.

PJ4Ever, NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Jamal Adams.
    Robby Anderson.
    Le'Veon Bell.
    CJ Mosley (QUIT).

Etc. Etc. He's RUINED all the little talent we had and on the verge of destroying Sam Darnold.

I want JD gone because he's absolutely dreadful and just as bad as Adam Gase.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  18. For me, it's more about him being held accountable for a dreadful offseason which may have ruined our franchise QB. Yes there is the Lawrence argument but too many variables in play to deliberately run your QB into the ground w. too many resources & too little return on the OL, not to mention continuing to ignore offensive skill. Does he deserve more time? Yes. But that doesn't make him immune to harsh criticism. Too many on here still think of this guy is a savior who does no wrong & refuse to call out awful mistakes after having a whole regular season to evaluate & prep for his first offseason. Listening to the rationalization to defend this guy, while Gase(who is awful) can't escape even the most petty & functionless criticism has driven me to want him gone. On a larger scale with this fan base, It's nothing more than an assembly line of Honeymoon to scapegoat-honeymoon to scapegoat over & over again. As soon as Gase is gone & the team still sucks suddenly everyone will go to war w. JD. It's absolutely comical. It's about accountability & calling it like it is.

19. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

You wanted Gase? A guy that sucked everywhere he's been. At least McCarthy had a ring and coached up a great QB. He should have been exactly what we needed.
    To your other part firing Douglas when it has looked like he drafted pretty solid We got a stud LT for a decade or more. The others are injured but they are coming back soon. Basically, I can't see then firing him Douglas is not coaching and that is the only thing people see right now and the coaching is beyond awful. We should expand out and now push for the Johnsons to sell the team. They are the one constant in all this mess,

20. Cman68

Not saying JD doesn't deserve some heat for this but, you can't fire the guy after one draft either. This Organization is a joke already. Fire JD now, and the joke becomes toxic.

PJ4Ever and SOJAZ like this.