We are beyond tanking and in serious trouble

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Oct 12, 2020.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Jets will get the #2 pick and waste it on a CB or WR that will turn out to be a bust and then with the second 1st round pick that will be about #30 we will take a defensive tackle and it will go on and on forever

2. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

sadly enough, it is true. I’ve been around for awhile, many different places and people, and it is a very accurate assessment. However, and in no way, shape, or form am i trying to defend the Jets because i am a fan, but its a completely unfair assessment. The Lions have not won a playoff game since 93, the Browns, i believe 94 with BB. Not only that, countless losing seasons since. The jets have made the playoffs many times since then, have won quite a few playoff games, 3 AFC CGs, and other than the 95 Kotite team, not 1 team that picked 1 overall or would be considered historically bad (until this year). So anytime we think we have it bad, just think what those 2 fan bases, probably can add Cincy to that list too, have to deal with

3. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

There is no credibility to lose, and there are very few talented players on this roster. The majority of the roster is filled with expiring contracts or 1 year deals and judging by JD's moves he's trying to clean this roster of years of bad drafting and bad FA moves.

We will continue to lose and Gase will continue to cement himself as one of the biggest mistakes. Christopher Johnson will continue to show us that he should never have any say in football decisions.

Personally, I would be more worried about Trevor Lawrence pulling a Peyton and not coming out due to the fact we look like/operate like an expansion team versus an actual NFL franchise.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i still dont think we will win enough to lose the pick, but more importantly we want someone in there who is actually capable and can help figure out who the guys are that we need to keep and we need to get rid of. instead were having hissy fits and getting rid of our best players instead of the coach. how many teams have you ever seen get rid of all the players instead of the bad coach when there are issues? he isnt bill parcells bringing in a new mindset, hes a moron sociopath who cant stand anyone with a differing opinion.

if you were trevor lawrence would you be willing to get picked and sent to the new york jets right now? i know i sure wouldnt be and kids these days dont just say ok i have to go there for the next 5 years. he will stay in school or demand to go elsewhere. but we will probably be just as bad next year so jokes on him.

blackssmagic likes this.
  5. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

There's no doubt , in my mind at least, that Gase will be fired. It's just a question of when. The next 4 games , they can easily go 0-4 -
    Away at Miami, Bills, at Chiefs , Patriots. 0-9 here we come. Unless Darnold pulls some magic out of his helmet.

If he isn't gone at the by-week CJ must have some super ego to fool anyone to think his comment about 'genius' is justifiable.

From that point , if the Jets land the #1, they'll have many coaches to choose from.