Joe Douglas Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Oct 11, 2020.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's gonna get paid in the next deal though after he has 2 pro bowl seasons with the panthers

Ralebird likes this.
  2. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

What is he building though. We are what 20 months into his rebuild and what do we have to look forward to. Even if you took the job and did not believe in Sam, which I do not believe, How can you not give him a few weapons to succeed. Dont think he is the answer, build up his trade value. He is obliviously trying to improve the o-line and going back to last yr. he has missed on a lot of players Becton might be a stud but has only been able to play in half of our games. Who else are we building around ? Where are the undrafted free agents that will help us for 3-4 yrs. The great draft class? We are winless, yet we are also without any potential. This is on JD ,he needs to go the day Gase goes

3. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

NY Jets Recycle Program - repeat every 3 years.

1) Hire new coach and GM
    2) Tell press and fans how we are going to do things different
    3) Purge old regime's players
    4) Draft and sign new players
    5) Watch "new" org. look like SOJ
    6) Fire coach and GM
    7) Go to #1

#143 westiedog1, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. I hate this GM as much as i hate Gase.That is all.Please carry on

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Pretty good except for #7.

7) go to #6 after winning 5 games with a backup QB and good run defense for the third year in a row.

westiedog1 likes this.
  7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's basically criminal what TWO regimes now have done to Darnold. They'd better A) be right in thinking he's trash and B) actually do a LOT more for Trevor Lawrence than they've done for this kid. Otherwise Douglas can GTFO too.

88toon likes this.
  8. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I am sorry, I supported JD and was truly excited about his vision. Between keeping Gabe and dumping Bell, fuck him. He can go at the end of the year with Gase. This entire organization is . To think we have been loyal for all these years as fans and this is the we get

rammagen likes this.
  9. #2. The Jets never say they're gonna do anything different. Even when they fire someone or make a change they're always quick to divert away from the "Old" dumpster fire & act as if who ever they just hired is the second coming. No other changes necessary. According to upper management the only thing wrong w the org is who ever the latest scapegoat is.

Remember Chris Johnson saying in 2019 at final presser after firing Bowles that the team didn't have a talent problem?? In what world do they not have a talent problem? What standard does this set for the WORST SCOUTING ORG IN SPORTS???

westiedog1 likes this.
  10. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I really don’t understand why people hate Douglas. Let’s be real here: he needs a couple of drafts to fix this, and now he may even land us a once in a lifetime QB plus draft picks to bill up the o line and receiving core. They will also hire that ravens offensive coordinator that changed they offense MID SEASON for Lamar and turned him into a super star.

Who the hell cares about bell or anyone else. Leave them on the side of the cross Bronx and be done with it.

Fiftynine, NCJetsfan and Borat like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree. It's not like Anderson was a great player for us. It would be one thing if Douglas got rid of a star (say Adams) just because Gase didn't like him or didn't want to use him, but that isn't the case.

Especially with the way the Jets org chart is set up, Douglas has to work with the HC and give him what he wants to avoid issues and resentment. The last thing the Jets need is animosity between Gase and Douglas or Douglas and C. Johnson.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Based on Anderson's success in Carolina, he wasn't a great player for us because nobody could have been a great player in this offense. If Douglas is such a great GM, he should have anticipated that.

13. NCJetsfan

You just don't understand how GMs work. They don't and can't work in opposition to their HCs. That would make things much worse.

14. HomeoftheJets

Worse??? How could it get any worse???

FinnishJET and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

NC told me he has watched the NFL for over 50 years. He knows how things work.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Should he then have given a large contract to every single offensive player under Gase anticipating that every single one will blow up when they leaves Gase? Of course not. As such, Anderson was a mistake, but only in hindsight.

Bell is not a mistake even if he does well elsewhere. He was way overpaid and would be gone in the offseason no matter what he does this year. So, JD got rid of him earlier and basically forced Gase to play Perine, a guy he dratged, who is actually going to stay, whom incompetent Gase wouldn't even play otherwise.

17. NCJetsfan

It's because we have a lot of posters that are fed up with the incompetence of the owners. Many of us have been fans of the Jets for 50 years or more. We are tired of all the broken promises, dashed hopes, awful hires, lousy play, and many are at a point where they're simply irrational. I can't blame them, as I was where they are a few years ago, and I took a lot of heat for it. It's an attitude of "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Well, many of us have been fooled over and over again for decades, and we just aren't going to let that happen any more.

We aren't ever privy to the GM's plan, so it's hard to be patient and trust that the Jets got it right this time with Douglas, especially with the Johnsons' track record. I think it would help at least some of the fanbase if we were privy to Douglas' plan. Some just don't have it in them to trust any more. They aren't willing to wait and see. Their frustration and impatience is blinding them to what many of them have said in the past, i.e., that it isn't realistic to expect things to change dramatically overnight. Sometimes things do have to get worse before they get better, one has to take a step back before one can go forward, or to quote an old adage, "It's darkest before dawn."

If the Johnsons would fire Gase as they should have weeks ago, I think it would go a long way towards alleviating a lot of fears and frustrations. Sadly, that probably won't happen, and I suspect that things will get a lot worse here and in Jets' land before the season ends. There could be a mass exodus of Jets fans and season ticket holders. I'm willing to wait until next off season and see what happens. If Gase is fired the moment the season ends, I'll still have some hope that things will work out. If Douglas is able to hire the new HC. I'll have hope. If Douglas signs a topnotch WR in FA and then drafts another, I'll have hope. If we have the #1 pick and take Lawrence, I'll have hope. If we have the #1 pick, trade down for a bundle of picks, I'll still have hope, but have less than I would have with Lawrence as our future QB. I fear that Sam may never develop. If Gase isn't fired. I'm done. My patience will be at an end. If Gase is fired, but Douglas isn't able to hire the new HC, I may be done, but I'll probably wait to see who is hired and what Douglas does in FA and the draft. If Douglas then doesn't sign a topnotch WR in FA and doesn't draft a WR within the first two rounds, I'm done. Douglas is the only hope I have right now for the future of the Jets. The Johnsons are certifiable morons when it comes to football, running a team, and politically. The only thing that would ever give me any hope for this team again would be if the Johnsons sell the team, and if that didn't happen within the next year or two, it would be too late.

I'm not going to be one of those bitter, angry fans any more. I'll just walk away, and find something more satisfying and enjoyable to do with my time. Life is too short to let something that we have absolutely zero control over drive us insane, and continuing to do the same thing, but expecting a different result is insane.

westiedog1 likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

You don't think things would be worse if the GM and HC were feuding/not communicating and not working together?

I think Douglas has tried to help, support and work with Gase, but he now sees that it's hopeless, and he isn't going to do it any more. I think that's why Bell is gone. Gase didn't want him, so I can see where some might think that Gase is still in control, but this kind of forces Gase to play Perine more, plus it will help the Jets' cap next year.

19. HomeoftheJets

I don't think it would matter at this point.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  20. Honestly,we’re going 0-16 regardless & at least then we’d know Gase will be gone.

nobody wants to hear it but this tank/fire sale is all about keeping Gase.He & JD have sold Brother Lobotomy that the problem isnt them but these players who arent “their” guys.