Report - Jets Trying To Trade Bell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by footballfundamentals, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don't think it's much of a common practice in the NFL for franchises to eat salary in trades. You're thinking of MLB style deals where a team takes on 30% of the salary just to get the other 70% off the books. So if he's being moved I'd imagine the return is reflective of the fact that the team taking him on is also getting the big cap number. We in theory already ate half of it this year too and any preseason bonuses they get.

And an in-season trade means that the team is trying to bolster their squad for a deep playoff run so they're less concerned about what happens to him next year assuming the capital is a 5th or later.

2. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

That's ok, when we hire O'Brien next year he can start giving our picks away too.

K'OB likes this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

4. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Is the issue Bell or Gase. I would say gase not because he easy target but because he has shown he is not a head coach period. I would have run Bell every time and when he needed a break bring in Perrine. just that fact that Gore is getting more touches the Perrine is stupid and proves gase is not an Offensive genius, he may be smart at least smarter then the guy who hired him. But this time after the issue with Adams, is strictly on the coach. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice I wont fall for that crap again

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/13/jets-reportedly-trying-to-trade-leveon-bell/

The partnership between running back Le'Veon Bell and the Jets has not gone as planned since Bell arrived as a free agent in 2019 and the Jets are reportedly trying to end it via a trade.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News had the first report Tuesday about the Jets working to trade Bell before the November 3 trade deadline. Others have reported hearing the same about the Jets’ push to find someone to take Bell off their hands with Albert Breer of SI.com reporting that it “sounds like they’re willing to settle for a late pick and/or back-end player in return.”

Bell has no guaranteed money left in the final two years of his contract, but has $6 million in salary left over the rest of the season and the Jets would be hard-pressed to find any team willing to make a deal for more than that kind of return as a result.

Bell returned from three games on injured reserve to run 13 times for 60 yards in Sunday’s loss to the Cardinals. He didn’t speak to reporters after the game, but appeared to vent frustration about only being targeted for one pass on social media. Head coach Adam Gase said on Monday that he gets why Bell would feel that way, but wishes players didn’t express themselves in that fashion.

Well gase is going full miami gase/ BoB texans now. just getting rid of anyone good who's underused. I'm so sick of this franchise right now

6. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Trade him run Perine and Gore in a time share and you see what you have long term in Perine. Just take a pick or 2 and be done with bell

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Robby? Thrown away.
    Jamal? Thrown away.
    Bell? About to be thrown away.

JD is allowing it to all happen too.

I hope Bell goes to Chicago. He'll be awesome with the Bears.

barfolomew and b.reyes16 like this.
  8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Sounds like the best they can get is a 6 or 7th rounder along with paying some or most of his remaining salary. Thanks a lot Mac. The gift that keeps on giving.

9. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Well let's see. Maybe there will be a slate of injuries and he becomes more coveted. What a stupid signing that was

10. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Well...Jamal was not thrown away. He was acting like a malcontent and wanted to be traded. We did nothing wrong there. And we got 2 1sts in return

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

This is bad! Gase gets criticized, he gets rid of players. I am surprised mcdougald and Williamson still on squad. It is pathetic. We have little to no talent, then keep 34 yr RB. Just dysfunctional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Sack exchange

Cmon the whole team is disgruntled! They have terrible coach and losing culture. It just when folks speak up. If you had candid convo with the players it would be known. In fact when gase gone things will surface about the dysfunction in the house.

13. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Lol we're about to get a 6th rounder for one of the premier backs of the past decade because we want to run Gore for 2-3 yards and throw him EZ fades.

Every time this happens, I read shit about how the player is a malcontent and this was the best resolution and yada yada bs. The fact of the matter is that this organization is complete trash and no talented player wants to lose constantly, especially when they're not getting the opportunity to produce.

You can have all the goddamn draft picks in the world but it's crapshoot. Every time you trade a player like this, you're trading a sure bet for a dart throw (@ the two busted late first rounders we traded for instead of keeping an all pro 24 year old).

Sack exchange likes this.
  14. Sack exchange

At this rate we won’t be able to sign any FA!!!! Bell came here thought he would be focus and one of the leaders. But gase doesn’t use how him correctly, basically handcuffing the guy.. did with Anderson as well. If Adams was on o he would do the same. This guy ruins teams and players. Toxic!

15. Sack exchange

6th round pick is really like cutting him... miserable. Might as well keep him until higher value. 6th round pick for jets is like flushing the toilet!

94Abraham likes this.
  16. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

This would be fine if I actually thought they would give the ball to Perine. This moron will continue to run Gore up the middle 20 times a game. Bell will go to a team that plays football the way it's played today, not where it's going, and be lined up all over the field and look like a competent player again.

It's been a bigger waste how we've used this guy than what we've paid him. What we've done is the equivalent of getting Tyreek Hill and only using him for end zone fades.

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Gase is such an offensive genius, that he thinks it would be unfair to the NFL to unleash Leveon Bell, so he chooses to run with Frank Gore to level the playing field because he's such a nice guy.

Sack exchange and b.reyes16 like this.
  18. Sack exchange

Cman if we trade bell, should trade gore as well! No need to run 34 yr old RB on this team. How ridiculous. At least bell is young, we should give him the ball like 20-25 times a game. He gets less than 10. Dumb.

19. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

There's no reason to trade Bell other than to actively try and lose games. I'd be very disappointed if that's the case.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

20. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Apparently there's people who think it's still 2017 around here.....just dump him for whatever it's over.

stinkyB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.