We are beyond tanking and in serious trouble

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Welcome to the NFL's version of Skid Row.

ouchy likes this.
  2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yeah but Joe Judge isn’t going to lose out. He can probably win 2 games and save his job but going 0-16/1-15 is a firable offense even if it’s only his first year. They also play in the NFC East and almost beat Dallas. They got WFT this week as well.

The Falcons are too talented to be 0-5. They just fired Quinn so I expect a win in the next couple weeks.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Step 1) Finish dead last
    Step 2) Fire Gase and hire Jason Garrett
    Step 3) Sign free agent QB Dak Prescott (learned under Garrett) to a massive, multi-year deal and steal him away from the Cowboys
    Step 4) Trade Sam Darnold
    Step 5) Trade 1st overall pick and the rights to Trevor Lawrence for an epic, historic haul.

You end up with a competent coach, a good QB, with symmetry and tons and tons of draft capital. There, I've fixed the Jets. :)

Noam and IDFjet like this.
  4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Joe Judge is not getting fired. He's actually kicking ass if one looks more closely IMO.

jago and alleycat9 like this.
  5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

there is 0 percent chance that either atlanta or nyg go 0-16 the giants have been improving and the falcons have entirely too much talent to not win 4 or 5 games. those teams are in some of their games, the jets havent been close to winning. their 2 closest games vs a bad broncos team playing their 3rd qb and a bills team that really dominated them much more than the score shows. think about the fact the jets have lost to not 1 but 2 teams playing their 3rd string qb. and the easiest team the rest of the way is the chargers who have played very well during this season.

the timeline has moved up, the jets have to fire gase now. i agree that players are done with it. if i were leveon bell i would be beside myself that i came to new york and ended up with this buffoon as my coach. i hope that he can get away from the jets and show people he is still a viable back when used properly and not asked to run full speed into the line with his head down. who the fuck runs inside zone like that? adam gase does.

SOJAZ, BomberJet, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Leveon has been a prince since he's been here--if he wasn't pissed off now it would indicate he's content to just collect his massive money. That he's pissed shows he cares. Fucking dumbass Chris Johnson has put a dagger in this teams heart and he refuses to remove it.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Love this week's ESPN Power Rankings. Jets at 32. Biggest weakness: "football."

HomeoftheJets and tomdeb like this.
  8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

honestly I HATE this plan

I’m in on firing Gase

No way on Garrett..why on earth would you want more mediocrity...that guy had one of the most talented teams in the league for years and did squat with it...seriously that would be a terrible hire

I like Prescott but we’ll see how he comes back (probably ok) as that was a brutal injury and may take a while... it if he can play I’m betting Dallas keeps him

I would not trade away Lawrence...he’s a risk just like any rookie QB but no way I pass on that...I’d keep Darnold unless I get a good haul for him and let them compete....we still have Sam for one more year on his rookie deal I believe so we can afford that

but sorry...you lost me when you got to Garrett....awful choice there

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

its all good just a suggestion.

perhaps this will change your mind: if they did that plan, signing Prescott and trading the no. 1 overall pick, with the Seattle no. 1 pick already in the pocket, could easily end up with 4 1st rounders like in the year 2000. That draft changed this team for a decade!!

10. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

It's almost reaching Dolan levels of ineptitude at the ownership level.

Cman68 likes this.
  11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I seriously don't think the season can end too soon for Chris Johnson. He will not fire Gase in-season and basically admit his hiring error, but he also can't stand what is going on now.

Jets1035 likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I heard a rumor that Dolan is actually jealous of how inept the Johnsons are.

NCJetsfan, SOJAZ and Noam like this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He'll keep Gase around another year just to try and save his ego and not have to admit he fckd up the hire. In the meantime, the Fanbase will be destroyed and his swag sales will plummet. In 2021, there will be few fans in the stands and those that are there will be savage in their treatment of the Jets..

14. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

It's just embarrassing going back years and years and looking at the WR's and o lineman we've passed up on to take no impact defensive scrubs. It's like the Jets have no clue how the NFL works. They never try to acquire a tope receiver in any way. They neglected the o line. They didn't lift a finger to find a pass rusher. The outright don't try

It's a money issue. I don't think the Johnsons flat out want to pay for top talent. We sure as hell don't draft it but other than Bell we don't sign them. Where are the Jets going out there and trying to obtain impactful offensive players? Real receivers. They don't even try

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you said, but I don't think it's a money issue, I think it's a football IQ issue - the Johnsons don't know shit about how to build a winning football team. They've relied on the advice of others, and because they're football-ignorant they can't choose the right people to get advice from. I'm not saying that being "penny-wise and pound foolish" hasn't also been part of this mess, but they've spent money in the past that they spent unwisely (Mevis, Fitzmagic, etc.).

What really needs to happen is ideally they sell the team to competent owners who either know how to build a winning organization, or know who to put in charge to do so and then keep their hands off. Or, the Johnsons can get someone in as Pres. of Football Ops to run things...the big problem with that of course is that they would again have to be smart enough to pick someone who is qualified which they've proven incapable of doing so far.

Short of that. we have to hope and pray that Douglas is as good as his reputation and pedigree promise. If he's not, then there is no hope at all for this team.

16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Back to the 90s!

17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

all good...I just can’t get past Garrett.."I would hate that hire

we need a winner...not a mediocre coach, which is my opinion on him

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I agree. At this point Gase is completely clueless on all fronts. He his even alienating rookie RB with bullshit excuses about stunting development. I mean, I don't think I've ever seen someone so out of touch with reality than this guy.

19. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I don't see how you can keep him at this point. Spark might be too strong of a word, but Gase is so beyond overmatched in every department. And on top of that, he's clearly lost the players. He has NO IDEA how to utilize his personnel, no idea how to game plan, no idea how to call situationally-appropriate plays. It's rather telling that the running game is absolute shit, and two of the three RBs are taking subtle shots at him about usage. And it's not like this is a well-hidden thing only football savants can spot - he uses TEs in short yardage downs, never throws the ball to Bell, doens't even use the rookie (because he doesn't want to stunt his growh - huh?!!?!) and is using Gore in spots that a younger, faster, more spry guy should be handling.

I've never, in football, any sport, or in life, seen a situation where a terrible leader overcomes the loss of respect of his team. He's beyond repair.

And if the Jets want him to ride out the season for some reason, then so be it. But the development of their young players hangs in the balance. This is as bad as it's been in the 40 years I've been following the team.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Jason Garret was the starting quarterback for Princeton when the Columbia Lions snapped a four season plus losing streak, the longest in Division 1 history.

Loser with a capital L.