BOYCOTT THE JOHNSONS

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by VegasMav, Oct 12, 2020.

1. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

There is no easy way to put it. Enough of this shit. The Jets are a horrible organization. The Johnsons are not interested in wins, they are only in it for the money and they continue to make tons of it. Unless we as fans, who deserve better than what we've been getting, start BOYCOTTING THE JOHNSONS!

Stop buying Jets gear, and anything related to the team and or Johnson&Johnson products. It's a tall order, but unless you're satisfied with the way they are clueless about football, then it's time. In the 20 years, they have owned the Jets, they have yet to hire a coach with a winning percentage.

I'm done with paying into these owners. Clueless about football and half-brained decisions on hirings. They listen to people who really don't have their best interests in the Jets. Listening to Peyton Manning recommendation about Gase, asking Casserly & Wolf about hiring Maccagnan. It's obvious that they don't know shit about football and continue to be oblivious on how to run a team. They don't care about the fans.

I believe JD is going to be a good GM. But that's about it. It's time to drain the Secaucus Swamp and it starts at the top. If the Mets can be sold, so can the Jets. WE DESERVE BETTER!

BOYCOTT THE JOHNSONS!

2. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Been doing this since year 2 of Bowles, which incidentally, is when the NY Jets officially became unwatchable.

3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to 2012

I guess it’s a good sign when these posts get made- maybe the OG part of the fan base is mad too

fuck em all

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

I have not brought any Jets merch since the Rex days and I will not. Unfortunately I am
    Connected to this team like family. But, like a drunk uncle... I have disowned them until they get their shit together

5. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Doesn’t matter, those schmucks+ Dolan are never selling either team

6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Not buying merchandise will have very little impact on the Johnsons due to revenue sharing. They also don't have anything to do with J&J and I don't think they ever have had. The only thing that will make them sell is peer pressure from other NFL owners because they aren't pulling their weight in terms of revenue but it is small beer really. But the NFL is a profit making machine designed to go on making profits even when the team is shit so it takes a lot of the win/loss vagaries out of the picture. The team won't relocate because no one in their right mind would relocate a franchise out of the tri-state area so anyone who wants to buy the team will have to do it at top dollar. And the difference in take home profit for the trust fund twins between a winning Jets franchise and a losing one is quite small.

That picture of Woody and his little bro double teaming a donkey that Gase must have seeing the light of day might be the only thing that forces them to sell.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Just so U know I tried with Hess N got zero results . NYJ fans sorry to say laugh at me when I handed out leaflets that suggested they stop buying Hess gas b4 a NYJ home game. Just so you know I was a STHer since 1965. I wish U BOL in your endeavor however :mad:

8. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

If you want winning football start being a fan of another team the johnsons arent selling

9. jetsnick

jetsnick New Member

Let’s roll back the clock to the 70’s when the New York Football Giants SUCKED worse than the Jets...it hard to believe, isn’t! The Giant fan of the day stopped going to games and stood outside the stadium and burned their tickets. The media was all over it and I remember that at one game they actually had less than 300 fans in attendance. The Giants listened.

Just not buying merchandise is not enough, we have to hit them where it hurts, both the Jets and the league.
    I gave up my season tickets of 12 years after being on the waiting list for 10 years, because like many of you, the Jets kept on dangling the carrot in front of your eye hoping year after year that they will at least field a competent team. I got tired of watching garbage.

Being a sucker Jet fan, they once again pulled me into the season ticket scam with promises of a great team when they Drafted Darnold.

Ladies and Gentleman this is a pattern that the Jets have been successfully using on us the sucker Jets fan for the last 54 years that I have been a fan meanwhile the owners are laughing all the way to the bank.

it’s time we stand together ( I doubt it) and when this world gets back to normal, hit them where it hurts the most.
    When the stadium is empty for 8 games, they will begin to listen.

10. jetsnick

jetsnick New Member

Sorry for the rant. I’m tired of watching this garbage Sunday after Sunday. This the first year I’m not glued to the tv.

11. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I am glued to the TV watching my fantasy team players. I typically start with the Jets game till they start losing then go to the 8 game mix channel. I keep the sound on the Jets game till they are down by double digits then I move it to my most fantasy relevant game. Rinse and repeat every Sunday. Used to watch every second of the Jets game no matter what, those days have passed until they prove they aren't the laughing stock of the NFL.

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Just think that this has been going on sine Jan 13,1969 Think about that for a bit :mad:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sadly, you're quite right. It would take years of empty MetLife Sundays to make the Johnson's sell. The NFL will undoubtably take a look at how badly the Jets are mismanaged and come up with some excuse why the Johnson's are dedicated owners that need more patience. Its only been 20 years and "Rome wasn't built in a day".

#13 Cman68, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  14. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I live in Northern Virginia and have watched the Redskins fans try to get rid of Snyder for over a decade. They have had this level of discontent for as long as I can remember and even after this shit show the past off season with the sexual harassment (even in these race, gender sensitive times) they just can't get him out of there. Sorry guys, Johnsons aren't going anywhere.

Cman68 likes this.
  15. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

The problem is that was then, this is now. TV deals make up the bulk of revenue. Merchandising income is distributed equally no matter how many jerseys you sell as a team. Unsold seats will go on the open resale market and MetLife will still be relatively occupied - unless every seat is bought by a STH who chooses not to go and not to resell (in which case Woody thanks you very much for your donation). Empty seats look bad on TV but not as bad as the Jets currently do when they play. Profits from concessions in the stadium might sting a bit but the Jets had nearly $500m in revenue last season and profits over $100m, will the odd million here or there really hurt them? As bad as they have been for the last decade the Jets are still the 6th most valuable franchise in the NFL, according to Forbes. Worth $3.6bn...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

What would it take for people on here to give up being a Jets fan for good? That’s the real question. If the team makes you feel bad and spending money on a bad product year in and year out is starting to wear on you. How much is enough? This is what hopefully the Johnsons are starting to ask themselves.

#16 Jets1035, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

J&J is so vast it would take a page to detail all the products they are involved in--and a covid vaccine:

Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) announced late Monday 10/12 it was pausing shots in its late-stage coronavirus vaccine trial due to an adverse event, but plans to continue enrolling patients and stick to the current manufacturing timeline.

18. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I was a season ticket holder from 1995-2008 prior to the move to MetLife. I've been living here in Las Vegas since 2003. There is a shiny new stadium out here in the desert and it's used by a team whose owner gets it. I'm not saying I'm jumping ship yet, however, I have started exploring the thought about rooting for another team that plays in SoCal. And the way the Jets organization is run, those thoughts may become reality. I'm getting too old for this shit. Just like players of the team, they want to win. The Jets are not doing what's needed to win. The fanbase is shrinking fast.

19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Bowl cut impressed the hell out of me when he said he wouldn't watch a game in the stadium until the fans could go in. I even feel bad for thinking him cognitively disabled in the past.

20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

PIN THIS THREAD! MAKE A BANNER! STAMP IT ON THE JOHNSONS FOREHEADS!

I wont spend another dime on this trashy team until things turn around drastically. We deserve better. Much fucking better.