This isn't good. Not good at all...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 10, 2020.

1. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

we can blame the offensive line all we want but the fact of the matter is that sam darnold is playing like complete crap and our coaching staff, surprise surprise, don't know how to develop talent for shit. Sam's footwork is terrible, he's clueless on the correct read and/or finding the open receiver, holds onto the ball way too long, and doesn't understand the difference between 2, 3, 5, or 7 step drops. He took a terrible sack last week because he took 3 step drop on a 2 step play.

Just not getting coached up enough. We get coaches who implement systems and don't actually teach the players on how to become better players and implement those systems properly. And god forbid if we ever got a coach who knew how to develop a system build around the talent we already have. god forbid.

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Joe Douglas hasnt done anything to make this team better yet....Its looking like another bad hire with him...Should have just kept Mac...Adams would still be here and so would Robby.Mac didnt deserve to be fired in all honesty...He had some decent moves and some bad ones.People already forgot that Gase got him fired..Gase has literally set this franchise back atleast 10 years.

3. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Oh come on no he has not. Maccagnan had very few good moves at all, and lots of bad ones. Gase has coached poorly 2 years with a terrible roster. He is not a good coach but he hasn’t set the team back significantly.

Judging what a new GM has done over 4 games is like judging what a new workout program does for you after 4 days.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Here's my sign!

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Then again these lineman don't have 5 seasons playing together like some teams have. They didn't even have a TC with meaningful pre-season games where they can start working on their chemistry.

These guys have just finished their 4 preseason games, or the 4 preseason games they should have had in TC.

They need at least 4 more games of working out protections, calls, shifts, and more. By the mid point of the season, they will have had 8 games in total to have played together.

2nd half of the season you will see an o-line that communicates better, sets protections, and moves as one to stop the defensive attack.

By the end of the season, they will be pretty good. Becton and Fant will push these cats into the upper half of the league.

Book it.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Van Rotten is dreadful. That guy sucks so bad

94Abraham likes this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

When wishful thinking doesn't work, try wishful drinking.. :)

jetstopgun and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Come on guys. Bottom line, The OLine isn’t great and isn’t that good. Not going to blame Douglas, Gase, or OL coaches just yet. They need to figure this out and adjust and find the puzzle.
    JD needs another season to put this team together. Takes several years for GM to put the team together. With few extra picks, JD will pick another OL with a top 2-3 picks.

9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Cutting Winters was incredibly stupid.
    And Harrison as well.

Why because he singed Van Roten and Lewis? Neither of which are good. That was a bit of arrogance on Douglas part, and it’s biting him in ass.
    He did upgrade the T position quite a bit though, so I’ll credit him there.

Just all in all, not enough improvement on the only area he actively sought to upgrade.

KurtTheJetsFan and Cman68 like this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hopefully JD will sprinkle in a WR or 2 as he rebuilds the rebuilt OL.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. Dont count on it.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I am. If he doesn't, I'm gone.

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  13. start packing your bags my friend.This guy is bad news.He set our QB up for failure

14. NCJetsfan

For now, I disagree. As I've said before, I might have done some things a little differently in the draft, but I didn't have all the knowledge of the roster issues that he had, nor did I have contact with the CS and know what they were clamoring for. I think he probably did about as well as could be reasonably expected given the circumstances. It wasn't a good year for either FA WRs or OL. It was made even worse by the Johnsons limiting what Douglas could spend in FA. He may have known that Adams was going to get traded, so he had to take a safety. I can't quibble with his taking Morgan, either. I probably would have taken Bryan Edwards over Zuniga, but I'm not certain that he would have been a good fit in Gase's offense, or that he has the right character/work ethic. I didn't really like any of the other WRs except Tyler Johnson and Joe Reed, and am not sure that either would have helped us long or short term.

He had no way of knowing that Van Roten would be so awful. Van Roten played well for the Panthers the last two years and was on an upward swing getting better each season. McGovern played very well last year. Lewis played well last year. I don't know if it's the blocking scheme, a lack of chemistry between those three, if they need more time to gel, or if one or all three need to go.

I don't think that Douglas is stupid or is bad news. Every GM has his strengths and weaknesses. As great as Ozzie was, he had little success with QBs or WRs.

The only way I give up on Douglas and the Jets is if he just doesn't draft a WR next year or doesn't draft one before the 3rd round, and/or if Gase is back as HC. If Gase is back as HC, I wouldn't care if Douglas drafted WRs with his first 3 picks in next year's draft.

I believe that Douglas will address the OL and WR positions in a serious manner in both the FA and the draft next year. If not, then I'm done. Then I'll agree with you, but not before.

15. Objectively speaking he had an extra 6 mos to review the toxic culture of this franchise & even w that his forst offseason did nlt make us a better football team.Short or long term.Not even close. I dont care about the circumstances,i dont care about any of the excuses.This team got WORSE not better from last season..and other than lottery tickets there is zero hope.

and lucky for us..the D has taken 2 steps back from last yr..has just as bad of talent..GW will be scapegoated to save Gase & asshole JD & guess what? We’re right back to ignoring O on draft day just as this team always does.And coming from Baltimore,chi town & clearly hating offnesove skill JD willl be thriled to oblige.

i really hope im wrong..but i know im not.This is kotite 2.0 but Tuna aint coming in to save the day.

16. NCJetsfan

The team has not gotten worse. Sorry, that's just wrong. Losing Adams hurts, but the D has been bad. Part of that is due to the fact that we're playing a tougher schedule than we did last year.

ColoradoContrails and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

You started good, then went off the rails really quickly.

Tom Brady in his prime would look like ass playing with this team. The record of this team is not remotely the fault of Darnold. It's our shit o-line. It's our shit receivers and tight ends. And it's our lame defense.

ColoradoContrails and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  18. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm just going to bet against the Jets every game and at least profit off of this mess

94Abraham likes this.
  19. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Not sure what some of you guys are watching. I am 58 years young and this is not only the worst Jet team in franchise history, but may be the worst team overall in NFL HISTORY. When I see those pathetic ugly helmets (that now signify losing and ineptitude) sagging around the field, I feel nothing but helplessness, despair, and zero chance to even compete with the other 31 real NFL teams in the league. They have ZERO chance to win no matter who they play and it shows. You know it, I know it, and I am sure, THEY know it as well.

94Abraham, Doreblade and Jake like this.
  20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This is an 0-16 team. Look at the schedule lol my God. Why am I a fan of this shitty ass team

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.