23 years ago...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

If it hasn’t already been said...

:mad:TGG IS NOW 0 FOR 20 IN BRINGING A VLT TO THE NYJ:mad:

#81 Jets81, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    Brook! and matt robinson 17 like this.
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

:mad::mad::mad:

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Thanks Petrozza.....I hope to be able to donate some $$$ to the site in the near future.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Congrats on 20 years!

A lot of fun over the last 17. The bs section was quite the place back in the day. Met some very cool friends here, have gone to games with them and we even tore up nyc one night at the tgg bash.

Anyone remember when we were calling wfan during one of their night shows, and the goal was to keep the conversation going as long as possible about the jets using posters names?

Brook! likes this.
  5. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Big time congrats on such a milestone!!!

I wish the Jets had HALF as much success as this message board has had! lol

Petrozza, Brook! and NYJalltheway like this.
  6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Same. Adds are incredibly easy to circumvent of these days. They’re a long way off from not being profitable, but the only time I ever see any is when I’m on cellular and even then add blockers take care of most of them.

Brook! likes this.
  7. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

I love the forum. I have been on it for a long time now. I always check it every day, I don't post as much as others as I feel less knowledgeable on the whole than you guys. But I have supported the Jets since the Mid 80's and so having a well run forum like this around to go to daily and chat is a godsend. Thanks so much Petrozza for running it. I know running anything these days on the internet can be a total pain. So just to keep it going, improving it and keeping a solid group of forum fans has been brilliant.

I try my hardest to always go through the main site to suck up the ads. I hope its not a burden to you cost wide.

Petrozza, Brook! and Jets81 like this.
  8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I joined about 5-6 years ago after posting for many years on the AOL message boards. AOL had to shut those boards down as just about all boards became infested with partisan politics. On the Jets board, we made a pact to discourage politics and it worked pretty well, but other boards, especially the Fins board, was just about all politics. Another problem was trolls. Anyone could post on any other team's board, so that was a major problem to have Pats, Bills and Fins fans come over and rub it in after they beat us.

I'm grateful to be a member of such a well run board as this one is, with such a knowledgeable fan base, and I'm proud stand (or duck) with the rest of my Jet fan posters as we endure season after season of abject misery.

Brook! likes this.
  9. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

I think baghead was posting then ,the guy called it right

10. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've been here for 16 of those years and it is crazy how the time flies. This place has been a great service considering what the Jets have put us through

Petrozza and Brook! like this.
  11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Love this forum and all the crazies that are on it (myself included).

Thank you for creating such an amazing website for our crazy asses to share our passion for this team.

Petrozza, dawinner127 and Brook! like this.
  12. DefenseWinsChampionships

I've been suspended, banned, won a sunshine homer award, made fun of, pictures of my wife posted on a gigantic giraffe, mocked, suspended some more etc but I wouldn't trade any of it for a second; I love TGG and appreciate all the posters and mods who make this place a zoo. 2009 and 2010 weren't my first years posting (I believe I originally joined in 2005-2006) but they were the most awesome years for me as a poster. It's crazy to think I'm 35 as of today but yet my daughter is 9 and I've posted here on TGG way before my daughter was ever born before I ever because a father. That. To me. Is nuts. I'm very thankful for this place because I'm born and raised in Queens and have been in Florida since a teenager and outside of my older brother I don't know any Jet fans in Saint Petersburg who share my same passion in order to spend countless hours talking Jets football. The Jets (sports) is a part of my childhood and TGG keeps me young @ heart and I thnx you all for that. When I found out 2017 I was diabetic type 2 I felt alone. Never knew anyone in my family or friends that had Diabetes. My thread was stickied. Jet fans came out of the woodworks letting me know they've got it too (or family members) and suddenly I realized it wasn't a death sentence and with good diet and exercise I can live until I'm old age and as of today my blood sugar, diet, work out routine, health and lifestyle is healthier than ever before and I thank everyone who gave me comfort a thread I'll never forget and always cherish. I can't wait for the Trevor Lawrence era because it'll become more chaotic than our Revis and Rex years and like Bart Scott once stated... CAN'T WAIT!

Brook! likes this.
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Dude, decaf.

Brook! likes this.
  14. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I was 20 years old when I joined this site...20! I’m a grown ass man with a wife and kid now. Hard to believe. Thank You @Petrozza. Been great to be a part of this hoard and community of Jets fans for so long. Almost half of my life I’ve been reading/posting here. TGG 4 life.

15. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

18 years ago I joined, my membership can now officially vote and buy smokes...
    Even my license plate is NOVAJET as well as my Xbox name and fantasy teams. I came up with that (Northern Virginia Jets fan) 18 years ago when I joined this site.

Brook! and alleycat9 like this.
  16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i would have never thought you were northern virginia jet and would always have thought you were a guy to who went to villanova and is a jets fan.

Brook! likes this.
  17. NOVAJET

Haha, never thought of that one. People that live in Northern VA call it Nova, maybe because everyone refers to the main community College as Nova and they kind of adopted it as their name. Not sure exactly where it became so mainstream, lived in Nova for 25 years now. I guess they wanted to differ from much more rural southern VA as Nova is basically a suburb of DC.

alleycat9 and Brook! like this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

So you from NY originally?

19. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Thanks for setting up a great place for Jet fans. I browsed this site for years before signing up to make a comment. Seems like only yesterday but it was a decade ago!

Keep up the good work so when our distant descendants see the Jets in a Superbowl they will know what resolve really is.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  20. NOVAJET

No, my mom lived there for the better part of my life so I spent a lot of time in NY. Since then my mom moved to GA but we still go to every training camp and spend a few nights in the city. I grew up in Annapolis MD before moving to Nova in 95-96. Bounced around for a few years from GA, CA, AZ, TN, FL but ended up back in Nova.

Brook! likes this.