Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

This week with Flaaco is not only a huge opportunity for Flaaco but for Gase. Gase's path to keeping his job begins with throwing Sam under the bus. To prove Sam is the problem Flaaco needs a big game. I am sure Gase will do all he can to make Flaaco look good this weekend. This is also the opportunity Flaaco needs and likely his last chance to show he can start in this league.

rammagen and Jets79 like this.
  2. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

I know that would be typical jets, but to buy into this you'd have to think that the reason we've been losing is BECAUSE of sam. Don't get me wrong, he hasn't been good, but Brady could've been playing these games and we'd be lucky to have 1 win right now.

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Let's hope it is doomed to fucking failure then.

Jets79, SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Very reasonable post, and I agree with most of it. A few points of note. Contrary to what we originally assumed, lack of good WRs wasn't the case last year as he had Robby and Crowder. Robby was 940 yard receiver before Sam on his way up, then with Sam went down, and now all of the sudden at 27 years old top 5 in NFL playing with an OK QB Teddy B. Additionally, I had a pretty good time recently watching analysis by Baldinger of Becton. While I came away impressed with Becton, I couldn't help but notice on quite a few occasions you can see that Sam has plenty of time and open targets where he simply misses or doesn't pull the trigger or starts running when pass is there. Finally in College in his Sophomore season he looked like he was about to break out - remember Suck for Sam? In his Junior year he actually declined quite a bit, and there is a similar pattern now.

Hence while there is no doubt whatsoever Gase is absolutely atrocious and should have been gone last year, there are real concerns aside from Gase about Sam's ability to be top or even starting QB in this League. Not saying it is not possible (Tannehill did it), but certainly the potential now does not look anywhere as bright as when he was drafted. I want to be optimistic about him, as there were really good flashes of potential. Also USC declined without him, and other QBs could not win with the Jets, while last year he could win a few. But more than anything I want to be realistic, and his value now is way way down than when he was drafted, because there is a real legitimate doubt about whether he can be that guy.

SOJAZ and REVISion like this.
  5. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

6. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

We will be horrible this week! Nothing has changed, we have worst coach in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K'OB likes this.
  7. K'OB

Not like Flacco is anything special either tbh

8. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Flacco going to sacked like 6-7 times, he will be sore after this game. Lots of 3 and outs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5368 Sack exchange, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    SOJAZ likes this.
  9. Dfaninpeace

Dfaninpeace Member

Dolphin Fan in peace here.

A Gase point here...So over his first few years it became evident what Ryan Tannehills strengths and weaknesses were, strengths, were three fold, innately accurate, and absolutely lethal throwing on the run, going east or west, it didn’t matter, he was deft at throwing on the run either direction..still is..

He averaged 1.5 rollouts a game...

Another strength of Tannehill was the read option game, he averaged, including his scrambling efforts, about 3 carries per game...he averaged on those read option carries over 5 ypc.

So he would run on average 1 1/2 read option plays and 1 1/2 scrambles per game..

To me those are absolutely indicting numbers on the offensive designer as it relates to your qbs strengths..

How do you roll out a player that is elite at rolling out right....and left, less than two times per game.....ridiculous.

Look no further than what Aaron Rogers is doing in green bay, that head coach has him rolling left and right about 8 to 10 times per game, why, because he’s great at throwing on the run and moving the pocket.

I admit, I’m your enemy, no disrespect here, I don’t like the Jets because of the rivalry over the years, but after watching how he conducts practice in his training camps, he’s the biggest fraud in the game, and I like him less than The Jets......be gentle..

#5369 Dfaninpeace, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  10. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

That’s what is frustrating about what Gase is doing with Sam. When Sam had that Vick like run, my one buddy goes WOW how often does Sam get out of the pocket? I said maybe 1 or 2 times a game lol. It’s ridiculous, I’m not saying run read option but run misdirection, rollouts, play action. Sam is good making something out of nothing and on the run...why doesn’t Gase move him around like Aaron or like in SF? It’s sick that he’s keeping Sam as a pocket passer solely. It’s not to his strengths.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Flacco is likely just getting in his last pay checks before retirement at this point. Coming to the Jets is not a career resurrection opportunity at this point it is a suicide mission.

When Ryan Fitzpatrick went this route the Jets had Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker for him to throw too. That was an above average WR tandem at the time.

Red Menace, SOJAZ and Sack exchange like this.
  13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Likely that is true looking at it realistically but from a player's perspective this is his last chance to prove he can play and I am sure he will being all he can to show that not only that he is worthy backup but a guy who can come in and start and play well. Flaaco will be giving it his all. This is likely his last chance and maybe the last time he gets to start a game. The same goes for Gase. His only road to working as a HC is to say Sam was the problem and Flaaco is his chance to make his case. He will be doing everyrhing he can to make Flaaco look good.

14. K'OB

barfolomew likes this.
  15. K'OB

It will be his last chance alright, in 3 weeks time he will be nursing a recurrence of his neck injury after being sacked 20 times and looking at the stars.

SOJAZ and barfolomew like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I read that article and I didn't get that impression. It is a bit of a desperation heave, but of course they need to change things. They're playing as the worst (or one of) the worst teams in the league. The cupcake practices are over. Competition is good. Maybe we'll make some tackles and run some people over this week.

17. K'OB

Godsake are you really saying I have to read that article past the opening sentence or so. :rolleyes:

Actually, it was just more guff, Jenkins spouting about it being good, is this the same kind of spouting that was telling us how well Sam was doing and how the OL was better.

A huge pinch of salt required I'd say.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yes for sure. Grain of salt indeed. But at the very least, the coach who everyone hates, says won't change and runs shitty non competitive practices, appears to be modifying things to make the team better.

12-4 is still alive. :)

I'm not someone who wants to see the team lose for draft picks. I like watching the Jets play well every week. So I try to be optimistic until about Thanksgiving.

19. K'OB

Well, I am of the other persuasion and think winning 5 or 6 games is ultimately pointless in the long run, it isn't like I don't cheer when we win a game or anything but in the cold light of day, I wish they would just reboot once and do it right and successfully turn this franchise around and let's see if we can be perennial challengers.

I didn't realise his practices were non-competitive, I thought the complaint was that they were just shit lol

I am really unsure if I want to cheer for a 12-4 as that would mean we will get Gase for another 6 years :eek:

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I don't agree with the throwing Darnold under the bus stuff and I highly doubt coach Gase feels that way.

Darnold is 23 (which is crazy the more I think about it) he's not done. Perhaps taking a week or two off, healing up, watching this veteran QB work, run the offense isn't a bad thing for him.

I don't know if this team is set up for Flacco to stabilize the season I hope he can do it.

IF he can do it win a game or two, save coach Gase's job, buy Darnold another season he could go down as one of the best signings the Jets have ever made even if ultimately this team finishes 3-13, 4-12.

SOJAZ and barfolomew like this.