Who Should be Coach in 2021?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Linebacker712, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I'm with you, and he needs to bring Dorsey with him.
    I was high on Riley but I really think we need someone with significant NFL experience who has shown can turn around a program - in this case the Bills offense.
    Daboll - HC
    Dorsey - OC
    Quinn - DC

Attackett likes this.
  2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I could get excited about that.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  4. JustinDaseezin

JustinDaseezin Active Member

Jets need someone with HC experience, who has enough connection to pluck great coaches from other teams. Bowles was a DC at best. Gase at best is an OC. A lot of people say our last solid team was under Parcells, who had HC and SB experience. Some say Rex Ryan was our best coach. He ended up being a great fit for NY. We need a coach who can talk the talk and walk the walk. Both Parcells and Ryan were coached who were unafraid. You can even hear how Joe Judge is when he addresses the media. So even though the Giants are 0-4 also, it feels like they are in the right direction. My first pick would be Bill O'Brien. Next pick Robert Saleh.

5. NCJetsfan

You're wrong about Ryan coaching unafraid. When the game got tight, his nuts would shrivel up and he'd go passive/conservative every. single. time. Rex was the typical bully. He talked tough, but when the chips were down, he always turned into a pussy.

Bill O'Brien ? OMG You HAVE to be kidding or you're a troll. O'Brien is awful. He's had a ton of talent to work with in Houston and been in a week division, and still hasn't done anything. Also, you're wanting to repeat the same mistake the Jets made with Gase, i.e., hiring a failed HC immediately, and not giving him any time to figure out the mistakes he made and learn? GTFO with that stupid nonsense!!!

JetsNation06 likes this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I guess you could say O'Brien didn't fail as a coach, he won the division every year bar one, he has failed massively on being the HC and the GM the latter part was a huge fail.

I don't want him btw, I would prefer a new exciting college coach with a fresh approach to the game, the reason I didn't want McCarthy.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

While I think many of yalls' questions are good, I think they show how he would handle the media as much as anything. I don't necessarily want the guy who wins the interview, I want the guy who can show he has done something. Not saying it has to be a former head coach but the guy has to show how he has done something. He needs to have a plan/process of an organization that meshes with Douglas's vision. Most importantly to me, he needs to adjust his system for the talent on hand.

8. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Mike Florio actually floated Rex coming back, I actually would be ok with that. Popular guy who wanted to be here.

That said, maybe they through a blank check @ Harbaugh at Michigan

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again though, whoever it is, it’s gotta be an experienced REAL HC! No more coordinators

JustinDaseezin likes this.
  9. JustinDaseezin

Heavy is the head that wears the crown. Let me guess, you would've let your nuts hang.

How did Bill O'Brien fail? He had one losing season with the Texans... 2017 when Watson was a rookie. The following year they went 11-5. Texans were 2-14 in 2013, the year before he got there. In 2014, they went 9-7. One game out from the playoffs. I dont know where you get your facts from. We shouldn't be trying to go from worst to first. We need someone to right the ship... get us back to winning.

10. NCJetsfan

How many years did they go to the playoffs or deep in the playoffs? How many SBs did they get to and win? That's the name of the game. He had a ton of talent, one of the best WRs in the game, a HOF Edge as well as a very good defense overall, a very productive RB and the team constantly underachieved. I get my facts from watching, reading, evaluating the roster, and seeing how their seasons turn out. Maybe you should try it. If he was so great, then why did he get fired?

JetsNation06 likes this.
  11. JustinDaseezin

OK so he failed to win a SB. Just like every other coach in the NFL. Doesnt make him a bad coach. Look at Tom Coughlin's past. Look at Andy Reid's past.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

you guys kill me.

"We need an offensive minded HC!!!!". We finally got that in Gase.

"We need an authoritarian HC to instill discipline!!!". You just described Bill O'Brian (and the very reason he got fired).

"We should have hired McCarthy!!!". LOL....he's 1-3 and the cowboys might not win another game.

Face it. You don't want a HC. You want a magician that can win games with the worst talent in football.

May I recommend Merlin?

[​IMG]

#312 Footballgod214, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  13. JustinDaseezin

Every coach gets fired. Can you find 5 head coaches in the NFL with more than 50 wins that have never been fired? Being fired is part of the business. Mike Tomlin and Bill Belichek might be the only ones.

14. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I don’t think the Jets will bring back Rex, but another familiar face. Schottenheimer returns as HC. Quinn gets the DC gig. O’Brien comes in as OC.

Schotty has impressed in Seattle. Unlike his predecessor (Bevell, who isn’t terrible, especially by Jets standards), he’s shown the ability to listen and change systems and his coaching style. He’s definitely not the same kid he was when he was here. It would be a smart move for Douglas to give him a Schott.

15. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

You may be right regarding him being different than his first go ‘round. Unfortunately, they’re in a position of having an upset end unruly fan base, and would probably be scared off by what they think we’d do if they hired him.

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

If the Jets hire Bill O Brien im done...

17. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Belichek was fired by Cleveland.

18. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Maybe Sean Payton is ready to move from coaching to FO. Give him President of Football Ops title, let Joe D be the GM and hire Bienemy as HC. Align them all with the same contract lengths and stick with the plan and structure until the contracts run out. If that doesn't work and they are still inept, make the league 31 teams and eliminate the Jets.

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Don't you put that evil on me!!!!

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I guess 2011-2014 never happened? That would be worse than keeping Gase for 2021. I would lose complete faith in the franchise. (Instead of 99%)

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.