Jeff Smith

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrooklynJetsFan, Oct 2, 2020.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you got issues bro lol. Not that I care about Adam Gase but bitching about a dime a dozen bum like Braxton Berrios who wouldn't play for anyone not getting any catches has got to be rock bottom. please spare us from the misery

2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Vincent Smith and Jeff Smith will be our next battle of the Smiths for the ages.

KurtTheJetsFan and Royal Tee like this.
  3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't dis Cager just yet.

4. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

IAlways need a BC guy on your team!

Rooting hard for JS. He looked good Sunday...

I liked what I've seen from Cager highlights, but he has to catch the ball......

5. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

At 5'9" and with mid 4.4 speed I think there are limited uses for him outside of the slot, where Crowder is clearly better. Can you get both on the field? Of course you can but you can't realistically redesign an offense for a few weeks like that or ask Berrios to do something he's not cut out to do and expect to have success either. So realistically you have to limit it to a few new plays that get both of them on the field and whatever plays you normally have in your repertoire that allow them both to be on the field. There won't be that many of them. It's not like you are looking at 2 HoF level receivers here that you could design a whole offense around. It's still just a decent slot guy and a guy that is #5/6 on a credible depth chart. Would Berrios being on the field frighten any D into not crowding the LoS? I doubt it personally.

I do get the frustration with Gase's lack of adjustment to personnel and scheme, but there are limits to what he can achieve with the current receiving corps. I'm not sure Berrios would have more success than Hogan.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I guess U have to be reminded that the goal of the regular season is to win the SB & as BP famously said your record is what you are N we R 0-4:mad::mad:

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I know Berrios' size and speed. Neither I nor anyone suggested that Berrios should start over Crowder.

One wouldn't have to re-design the offense. No one's saying that they both should be on the field every snap, but when he can make plays, and you're as shorthanded as the Jets at WR, then you have to do something. Berrios would just have to learn to run the wide routes, if he doesn't know them already. Matt LeFleur, the HC of the Packers figured out a way to get 3 RBs on the field at one time with Davante Adams and Allen Lazard out. That was a quick adjustment to a recent situation. The Jets' WRs have been injured since the start of TC. Gase has had plenty of time to figure out something creative.

It's not about frightening the D, either. You're going to ridiculous extremes.

I believe that other OCs/HCs could and would make adjustments and be creative in a situation like this. Gase has proven himself to be rigid, inflexible, and lacking in creativity. His offense is designed around having perfect players at each position. He hasn't had those with the Jets and has made no adjustments to capitalize on the strengths his players have or to hide their weaknesses. He's a moron and must go.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think that Berrios could help. That doesn't mean that I think he could be the "savior" of the Jets' season or offense, just someone who could perhaps help make them competitive.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Kid has looked good. not like a starter but a good solid WR4. much better then hogan, cager, and berrios look.

Cman68 likes this.
  9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Diamond in the rough