If Bill O'Brien Can Be Fired After 4 Games...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Oct 5, 2020.

?

Fire Gase now, or let him coach for the tank?

1. Fire him now.

33 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. Don't fire him. Let him coach the tank.

25 vote(s)
    40.3%
  3. Don't fire him at all. He's a good coach and just caught some bad breaks.

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Fire him if they haven't won by the bye week.

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If Bill O'Brien Can Be Fired After 4 Games...

How can Gase still be HC of the Jets?

It can only be that the Johnsons really are as stupid as this makes them look. As I posted in another thread, if there were a "Lombardi Trophy" for stupidity, the Johnsons would have a dynasty. I propose an award to be given to the stupidest owners, called The Big Johnson, in honor of our two "geniuses of stupidity", Woody and Chris Johnson. Congratulations boys!

And I might as well add a poll.

papapump, boozer32, Frenbar and 11 others like this.
  2. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Watch Bienemy end up there lol

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

FlaJet and barfolomew like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I am torn. Gase absolutely deserves to be fired now. Firing him would send the right message to the players, fans, and league. That said, if he remains HC, the Jets are not likely to win a game, and should have the #1 pick. My fear is that the Jets may be tanking and Gase is part of it, which means that he will be back next season as HC.

I hope that they aren't tanking, and that Gase will be fired, but they will wind up with the #1 pick anyway.

Vida, ukjetsfan, K'OB and 3 others like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Fuck it all, fire Gase and promote Loggains to HC. #1 pick for sure.

barfolomew likes this.
  5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Keep him and humiliate him and the Johnsons like they have humiliated the fans

0-16 can never be erased

Dumb fuck sitting on the bench alone head buried in a play sheet Is my most wtf moment of a Million

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

All I can say is that those here wishing to keep Gase for a tank job will be the first to cry bloody murder against Gase if he wins a game or two. Got some bad news for you folks. No one in the Jets organization is in the business of tanking, certainly not JD, or Gase fighting for his job, and even more so not the players. They might loose the games because of poor execution and game planning, or simply because of inferior personnel, but rest assure Gase or no Gase the notion of becoming the sweep stake winners of the first pick is only on some of the fans minds, and not just the Jets fans. There will be plenty of contenders.

7. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Gase should absolutely be fired. The #1 pick is no where near as valuable as people make it out to be. Look at the last 15 years or so of no. 1 picks. There's a lot of disappointment there.

We don't need a savior. We need JD to be the guy alot of people believe he is. We need a top coach who can get the team to perform on the field.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Well said and I agree

9. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

This team desperately needs the number 1 pick. Of course the number 1 pick can be a bust (Winston, Bradford) Then you have Joe Burow who seems to make all his players around him better through only 4 games. Lawrence, is a guy who can make average teams good and good teams great. Where are his flaws?
    This team does need a savior. We don't need a game manager, we need a guy who can take the team on his back and make those around him better. I do agree that we need a coach who can get his team to perform on the field. We won't be getting that coach during the season, so winning 3 or 4 meaningless games now to lose a shot at the first pick is the worse thing that can happen to this franchise

Brook!, amuck57 and K'OB like this.
  10. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I hear what you are saying and there's no way for either of us to be right.

Look at history though. The best teams consistently draft in the second half of the 1st rounds and somehow remain good franchises. The historically bad teams continue to draft in the top 10 and hardly ever get out of the basement of the nfl.

There are players on this team that will hopefully be playing for us next season and beyond. It's not worth it imo to allow them to continue to be held back by piss poor coaching.

You know what moment made it crystal clear to me that Adam Gase is ruining our players? When Mcdougald pointed out our practices aren't up to snuff. This guy just came from a top notch program. He knows what it takes to win. Him calling it out (coupled with the results on the field) makes it clear that this franchise needs to separate itself from AG immediately.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

The sad part is that head to head is NOT a tie breaker for draft position...it’s based on strength of schedule. So if the Jets and Broncos have the same record at the end of the year, it’s still possible that they draft ahead of us even though they beat us, if our strength of schedule ends up higher than theirs.

which is possible given the tough schedule we have...well have to see

that’s a fucked up rule but I remember it fucked us before...can’t remember the exact year but it happened where we lost to a team and they still drafted ahead of us.

because Jets...

Vida likes this.
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Bill O'Brien has been HC of the Texans for 7 years. He's been the GM for the last couple of years also and made virtually every bad decision they've made for the last two seasons. He has an excellent QB in DeShaun Watson and yet the Texans look bad on both sides of the ball right now.

Probably most importantly he's not on the same page as the rest of the organization right now. Nobody wanted to trade DeAndre Hopkins but him and when he made that trade he opened himself up to an 0-4 firing.

Gase is having a bad time too however he doesn't have the players that O'Brien had in Houston and he didn't make the decisions that brought disasters like Leveon Bell and C.J. Mosley to the Jets.

It's not the same thing.

If Gase was out of sync with the rest of the organization then there's no question that he's fireable and probably should be in that situation.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  13. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Voted let him coach the tank because already I just dont care what happens this year, it's only going to get worse.

14. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I though the sad part was I've been watching this team since 1984 and they still don't have a fucking clue what they're doing...

Vida, Brook!, SOJAZ and 3 others like this.
  15. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

(But you make a valid point!)

Brook! likes this.
  16. JustinDaseezin

JustinDaseezin Active Member

Wait... this guy traded away their best WR then gets fired. If I was the owner, I'm going to need all my money back.

17. JustinDaseezin

JustinDaseezin Active Member

If Gase makes it to the end of the season with Darnold playing the way he is, the Owner and GM are in on it. And his job is safe.

SOJAZ likes this.
  18. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

We owe it to the rest of the NFL, nay the whole of the footbal world itself to have 0-16 stamped next to the name of Adam Gase so he won't pe picked up as a HC but any other poor suffering fanbase at Pro or College level.

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Gase wont be the HC next season. Fans are jumping off this ship at an alarming rate at this point. No way they could sell Gase returning, Jets fans would/should fuck off and never look back on this shit show of a team.

Vida, boozer32 and Jets79 like this.
  20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He should have been sacked for his trades alone.

Awful.

Jets79, NCJetsfan and Leicester Jet like this.