The official Hire Eric Bieniemy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cval, Oct 1, 2020.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Who is the college program builder who has worked out recently in the NFL? Honest question, I can’t think of one. Kingsbury is too fresh to include I think.

2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

3. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Count me in. I don't know what it would take to lure him here, from his awesome current job, but they should try.

I would also be fine with Roman. I do think that he lucked into success a little with Lamar Jackson. But either one would be light years ahead of anything we've had recently!

4. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

100000% agreed... i want no part of this guy.
    How many other OC or head coaches were running backs? It’s not the typical path.
    I have to think many in the league have the same concern, or he would have been hired already

5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Sporano died 2 years ago. Think that rules him out

6. TonyFtLaud

One thing about Roman that no one mentions that I think is a big positive, is besides his offensive experience . He was a Defensive player and a defensive coach , as well as strength and conditioning coach early on in his career with the Panthers .So he is also experienced on the Defensive side as well as offense. A big plus for a H.C. IMO...

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Could he do any worse than Gase?

8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Gase will be here next season as well, why these threads even get started, I always get a kick out if the love affair for OCs, they're great look at his offense top notch every year, they all have one thing in common, great QBs, why you guys can't figure this out baffles me.

9. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

I’m not sure this guy will be the one. It’s Andy Reid’s team that is explosive, not Eric’s. Without Maholmes how good would they be?

BacktoQueens and nevbeats319 like this.
  10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

They were pretty good with Alex Smith as well.

rammagen likes this.
  11. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

I get people not wanting Eb and that is fair I like Roman as well the most important thing is to get the right person to build a young qb and offense

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's a weird reason to not want someone. Anthony Lynn was a runningback.

It's not false, but I don't think that's a legitimate deterrent.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  13. TonyFtLaud

I think he would be an improvement.

14. Doug Peterson was in a similar role in Philly w Reid as Bienemy is now. You hear conflicting things about if Eric calls plays or not.But Reid seems to have a really good eye for coaches & they seem to grow under him.

Not really that concerned if Bienemy calls plays or not.More interested in his philosophies,his eye for talent,his coaching network & if he can lead this team out of the darkness.

15. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Dan Reeves was a RB. Played in Super Bowls V and VI, assistant coach in Super Bowls X, XII, and XIII, Head Coach in Super Bowls XXI, XXII, XXIV, and XXXIII.

Maybe atypical, but I wouldn't knock it.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not a bad point. But how many make the move? How many have done so recently? There are more Carroll's and Harbaugh's out there. We need a football commander not guys who coached offense for a couple years.

I think we'll start to see more make the jump honestly. This is a new generation of player (millenials and beyond) that will command a different type of players coach. The Belichick/Zimmer disciplinarian style is going to slowly migrate back to only college I'd think.

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

How much difference does coaching make to a QB do you think?

I get playcalling being important, but aren't these guys pretty much who they are going to be by the time they make it to the NFL? Has anyone seen a player drastically improve through coaching? I might have just missed it as the Jets don't ever seem to have had anyone that can coach players up

18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Alex Smith looked like a lost cause for a while.
    Jared Goff was awful in 2016.
    Drew Brees was very good in his final years with the Chargers, but turned it up a few notches in New Orleans.

19. Alex Smith
    Jared Goff
    Trent Greene
    Steve Young
    Vinny Testaverde

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

to be clear, its not the sole reason by any means, but coupled with the fact he doesnt call the plays, and has a stacked offense; it definitely adds to the red flags for me.

Anthony Lynn isnt exactly setting the world on fire himself, so not sure that really helps EBs case either.

We can throw names out there all day and night, but the more I think about it, it becomes more and more obvious to me why JD needs to hire the next coach. I dont know if it needs to be an offensive or defensive mind, but more importantly someone in harmony with him in regards to the type of football they want to play, type of players to draft / sign, etc.

ColoradoContrails likes this.