Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I don't like the idea of rooting against the Jets but tonight it almost seems ok. Nothing good happens with a win and so much good can happen with an embarrassing 40 point loss. That being said go Sam.

ColoradoContrails and Jets79 like this.
  2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

That is all you got from that entire post? What is wrong with the concept itself?

3. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

the fact that gases' offense have not finished in the top ten since manning retired for starters. For an offensive genius to finish 15th in Chicago and then at the bottom of the offensive rankings in Miami and NY says more about the coach and the offense then the players. Look no further then Tannehill for a change of scenery and offense to see how how well he plays in an offense that plays to the players strengths rather then trying to fit square pegs into round holes

K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

That has a lot to do with play calling as well. I am not saying anything good about Gase, he is a horrible coach and has proved it with the Jets.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

It’s his way or the highway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rammagen likes this.
  6. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

To me it is more then the play calling, the poor practices, the lack of preparation, the fact he wont adjust to any degree of success to the players strengths all come into play. The reason he was successful on the NFL level in most part is because Manning was a HOF qb who knew crap when he saw it and changed the plays and made adjustments at the line of scrimmage. Since then he has not had the qb that will do that quite the opposite he has stopped Sam from audibling out of plays. Go figure

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

His offense is predicated on short quick passes, timing routes, 3-5 step drops and the ball coming out. That has never ever been Sam's game. He's lethal on the move, he's great at extending plays, he could probably benefit greatly from play action especially in games where the run is working on first down. Gase's system is the anti-Darnold. It's really the anti-NFL if you want to win.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

C'mon Elway, order your team to run up the score on the Jets!

Sack exchange likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

IMO some of the posts in this thread clearly highlight that some posters have little or no ability to understand what players' strengths are, what systems would make the best use of those strengths, and how detrimental it is to the players and the team in trying to force players whose skill set doesn't fit a system into playing that system. It it counterproductive. It makes it infinitely harder on the GM to find those perfect players who will fit the system. It's so much easier and better when the HC and coordinators adjust/change their system to adapt to the talents/skills of their players. SMH

10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I just posted similar in Another thread...that is one scary fucking statement

ther is NO WAY anyone with eyes can say a comment like that and believe it...this Gase fraud of a coach is WRECKING Darnold...not helping him

how the fuck an they put out a statement like that

everything from decision making to body language screams defeated...look at the way Darnold comes off the field...ho hum, ah well, there is no fire no passion nothing

I get some of that can be personality, but this team plays defeated by the end of the first quarter....when you’re down by 20 points in the third quarter and you’re huddling up, running the ball up the middle, and settling for field goals, the team can see that the coach has given up and they act accordingly.

damn, I get that being down by 20 to a team like the 49ers is gonna be a loss, but as coach, you have to fucking TRY....you have to give the team a reason to play hard. Giving up on a game in the third sends such a bad message of loser mentality and that permeates to the entire team. You can see it on every player

man Gase sucks

and for the team to put out something about losing Gase hurting Sam’s development is beyond ridiculous...but then this is why we suck and will continue to suck....our owners are damn fucking imbeciles that have no business running an NFL team...if JD really turns out to be THE GUY, then that will be the FIRST right decision they make in running this team, because they have fucked every other hire they’ve made to date

it’s good for them that they don’t actually run anything at Johnson & Johnson, because if they were involved that company would go bankrupt inside of three years I’m sure of it

#5090 Jets79, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    K'OB, ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Br4d, I always respect, and often agree with, your posts, but this one I can't. There is no "unlucky" regarding Gase, his actual track record proves he has these issues wherever he goes, so no it's not "bad luck". To paraphrase Branch Rickey; "Luck - good or bad - is the residue of design". In Rickey's case it was always the "good luck" envious GMs accused him of having; in Gase's case, it's "bad luck" that those wanting to make excuses for him use.

#5091 ColoradoContrails, Oct 1, 2020
    HomeoftheJets and cmcm750203 like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This raises an even bigger issue if you ask me. The longer you keep a coach around who has a terrible offensive scheme, the longer you shape your roster to fit that terrible offensive scheme. Ask the dolphins who almost got rid of their current number one receiver, got rid of one of the stars of last year’s Super Bowl and are now watching their formerly drafted first round quarterback succeed with a team that was one win away from the Super Bowl.

I like Crowder a lot. He should not be a WR1 which he was last year and would have been this year even if Perriman had a pulse. I love Mims, but do you really want him being developed by a guy who only values plays either at or within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage? And then it makes you wonder who we passed on in free agency and the draft because they weren’t a fit for a bad scheme.

Long story short, beyond the fact that this moron has completely destroyed Sam Darnold he’s also shaping the way our roster will look and develop for at least the next year or two.

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Nothing good comes from firing your HC week 5. If true this actually gives me some hope that there is a plan in place.

Let’s be real, this team is not saving its season with a new coach in place so may as well tank and start fresh in offseason.

Br4d and The Dark Knight like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

Actually there is actually some real, tangible, good that comes from firing Gase: it would give some evidence that the Johnson Clowns are finally opening their eyes and are taking positive action to correct one of their major mistakes. As long as Gase is here, we can only assume that the Johnsons remain idiots.

15. Attackett

That does nothing for me, like everyone else I will continue to think the Johnsons are idiots until at least this playoff drought is broken. Tanking for a generational QB talent is a great first step to making that happen.

It doesn’t make a difference if he goes week 5 which just adds to the laughingstock history or after week 17 like most other bad teams do.

16. ColoradoContrails

Are you okay if they "tank" with Gase and get the #1 pick and take Lawrence and Gase continues to be the HC because the Johnson Clowns believe he's a "genius"?

17. Attackett

Nope, he’s gotta finish the tank, live with a 1 or so win team on his resume and then hit the road.

He definitely needs to go after the year but I see absolutely no benefit to him going in week 5.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Wow! I can't believe Elway doesn't like Gase. Everyone else thinks Adam is a stand up guy and a great Head Coach. Total shocker!

K'OB likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

SO, what makes you certain that the Johnsons will fie him at that point? IOW: Until he's gone, he's the HC, and I don't feel confident they'll fire him until that actually happens, thus, the sooner he's fired, the sooner the proof is provided.

20. NCJetsfan

I totally disagree.

It isn't about saving the season, but rather saving Sam from being completely ruined. Even if the Jets have given up on him, they should at least be trying to rehabilitate him as much as they can in order to get more for him in a trade next offseason. It's also about saving other young players from being ruined by having their confidence destroyed, and who are being asked to do things that don't match their talents/skill sets. It's also about saving the culture that Douglas is trying to instill, trying to retain any upcoming FAs that Douglas likes, being able to use the cap space next offseason to sign quality players. It's also about enabling Douglas to either add the best talent he can next offseason, or to shape the roster to the next HC, rather than continue further shaping the roster to fit what Gase's offense demands, only to see Gase fired after next season, and then all those players that Douglas added to fit Gase's scheme may not fit the next new HCs schemes, and we have to start the rebuild all over again.

It appears the team has quit on Gase. How will it help to keep him? Even if it could somehow guarantee that we'd get the #1 pick and get Lawrence, will it be worth it if the change in culture that Douglas is trying to make is destroyed? Will it be worth it if no decent FAs will sign with the Jets next offseason? Will it be worth it if Lawrence refuses to sign with us because he has seen how the Jets destroyed Sam? Will it be worth it if Sam is ruined, yet we still stumble and bumble into winning just enough games to prevent our drafting either Lawrence or Fields? Will it be worth it if Gase is still the HC next season?

Firing Gase now sends a clear message to the team, the rest of the NFL, the media, and the fanbase, that the Johnsons will no longer make excuses and will no longer accept incompetence. Keeping him just sends the opposite message that they don't care about the product on the field, they don't care about the fanbase, they don't care about the players, and don't care how stupid they look as long as they're making money.

#5100 NCJetsfan, Oct 1, 2020
    Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.