Jets reaching out to agents of Coaches for HC job....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RichardCaster, Sep 28, 2020.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I guess he would be the emergency guy for now but not a long term solution IMO. can't do worse then gase

2. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Could be. Only saw he played receiver at Syracuse. Not sure.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree that I don't think he is the long-term answer at OC, but you never know.

4. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I doubt Williams will get the job. The D is in a flux and for him to both coach the team and play call the D or have someone else take it over while he's coaching , and who will that be? For the Jets to take Williams off one problem and put him on to another, doesn't make sense to me.

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

They are not fixing the problem with head coach change now. It is a stop gap until they can hire Bieniemy or their long term coach (3-4 years for the Jets)
    after the season.

#165 cval, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    rammagen and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Williams may improve with no Gase around, who knows he may have been coaching to get shot of Gase lol

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's not lol but anything to move on from gase is a win right now

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

They still have to be competitive. I don't expect Williams to be permanent either but Darnold's development is the key. What good is getting rid of Gase if Darnold is still in the rut he's in? I still feel he's the franchise QB. Build around him. Don't want a reset and another 5-6 years of this insanity.

9. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Funny that there’s an article on The NFL site that says Gase is not hinging on tonight’s outcome, which is not unexpected as a PR piece.

the really ugly and fucking scary part is that the rationale given for not canning Gase is that the team feels it would hurt Darnold’s development.

now THAT’s a kick in the nuts....if our owners really believe that then we are well and truly fucked, because anyone with two eyes can see Darnold is NOT progressing and in fact is getting worse under this fraud of a coach...

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree. Even worse is if Douglas believes that, or is putting loyalty to Gase over what's best for the team. If Sam doesn't get things turned around, if we don't wind up with the #1 pick, and Douglas can't get any decent FAs to sign here next offseason, then I'm done with this sorry ass excuse of a team. 55 years of mostly misery is enough.

Cman68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Same here brother....I’ve been watching since 1979 and all I have to show for it is what, 3 division titles (gotta be last in the league during that timeframe, right?) and 4 AFC Championship Games (the Mud Bowl, Denver, and the two with Rex) That’s it. I really felt like that 98 team would have crushed the Falcons in the SB after we had beaten them like 27-3 that year in season.
    But that is a sorry ass product, especially considering exactly how bad this team has been in that timeline too.

this Gase team is every bit as bad as the Kotite teams, except now there is no Parcells sitting on the sideline to come to the rescue...and we don’t have owners on their deathbed ready to do anything to try and win...

Cman68 and Sack exchange like this.
  12. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

There were 2 other teams of note, 2004, where we were 2 missed FG away in Pitt (was at that one, should have won, outplayed Pitt) from championship game vs NE, would have played Philly in SB. And 1986, when we went to 2OT, because my favorite player got roughing the passer penalty on 3rd down (tough call), otherwise we would have gone to championship game to play Denver that yr as well. That was really good team. Would have played redskins in SB, and would have been at that game. Bottom line is that be 7 good teams in super bowl discussion in 40 yrs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#172 Sack exchange, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    LAJet likes this.
  13. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Tough to watch the product on the field with Gase, even before with Bowles, after 2015 season. We have been quite frankly miserable to watch. I used to get excited on game day, but now not so much, nothing exciting about today’s jets teams. So unimaginative and boring on O, on D just a sieve. Even with Bowles/Williams, Gase just pure shitshow. Miserable culture. At least back I the day I couldn’t wait for Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Heard on Draft Insiders today to keep an eye on Don Martindale DC Ravens for the Jets job. Finalist for the Giants job last year. Definitely would not shock me. As usual Ravens always have a top d. I'm fine with a defensive guy but we definitely need an offensive mind.

LAJet likes this.
  15. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Keep an eye out for greg roman. was on the staff during Ravens when douglas was there and current OC

Cman68 and AJT73 like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

What about this Matt Campbell guy at Iowa State. He’s a rising star and is doing an incredible job at Iowa State.

His teams scheme more like an NFL team than some of these Air Raid college trick ponies too

17. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

The jets need to go the “recruiter email strategy route” and e-blast every HC in the NFL and pay whatever fines they amass. In said email, mention “unlimited $ for you and in cap space”, “Housing allowance” and anything else we can throw in, and see who bites.

K'OB likes this.
  18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

So what your saying is extend Gase at a higher salary and Forefit a few draft picks while paying massive fines too? Really missing those credentials huh?

HomeoftheJets, Red Menace and FJF like this.
  19. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don’t think the guys would like the leather helmets that Champ would incorporate into a new uniform design... but I bet the Triple Wing would be at least as good as what we’ve got today...