If we have #1 2021 pick, Trevor should pull an Eli Manning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IDFjet, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

You forget the salary will likely be lower to compared to previous years that means a lot of teams will struggle to afford these players. I think that was the whole point of holding back this year. We want to be put in a position to be able to make moves in free agency next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. He was just very disingenuious to Jet fans.The potraying himself as a savior,to the orchestrated trade attenpt to Dallas followed by the phony self victimization, to liking & RTing tweets suggesting Jet fans are racist.

Idk if “ill will” is the right term but he certainly goes into whatever category Bill B goes into

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I didn't forget. I don't know who will have cap issues and who won't. Smith-Schuster could be available, but the Bears are trying to extend Robinson now. I'd be shocked if TB allowed Godwin to walk in FA. I don't want any more older, expensive FAs. That's not the way the best teams build.

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

For Juju, I could easily see him being passed on since they have Dionte Johnson and Claypool depending on how the rest of the season plays out.

5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I don't quite get you bro--Elway would give his right arm for Lawrence and treat him like a king. Denver is actually a great spot for him.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Elway drafted two receivers, a new center and a tightend in his first five picks. This is with a Pro Bowl receiver on the squad already and another first round tightend as well.

Lawrence should be a big Jets fan on Thursday night. Denver is an awesome scenario for a young quarterback to land in. I actually think there's a chance they make a play for Dak or Cam or maybe even Jameis Winston after his year spent at QB U with Payton/Brees.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think JuJu will be a free agent for sure. He got too big for himself his first year in the league and had a horrible year last year and really isn't a #1 receiver. Better than anything we have and signing him would stabilize our receiver corps but I wouldn't see it as anything more than what Eric Decker was when he was here.

8. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

I just personally hate Denver Bronco's above all teams.

IDFjet likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I honestly believe that we won't have to worry about this because we won't get the #1 pick. Lawrence has nothing to worry about.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well then we'll suck in 2021 again and draft him the following year.

PS. Manning comes from a millionaire family. He was able to afford to take a risk and play another college year.

Trevor will not miss the opportunity of being drafted #1 overall.

IDFjet likes this.
  11. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I think he can force a trade--NYJ will not take the chance of losing their #1--they'll have to deal.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. If the Jets drafted him, he'd have to sign with them or sit out for his entire rookie season.

IDFjet likes this.
  13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The Future was Jamal Adams and he now wears a Seahawks Jersey......And on a lesser example Robby Anderson looks like a pro bowler.Imagine trading Revis in his prime.......

Ralebird likes this.
  14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I agree that Adams is a great player, but he wanted to leave. Robby Anderson isn't that great, but he also doesn't miss many games.

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

It’s one thing to be a frustrated fan, it’s another thing to be outright stupid as a result of your frustration and wish further struggles on the team and actually think you are somehow it as a rational position.

truly one if the most embarrassing, head up your ass threads in TGG history.

16. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

The premise of this thread is really stupid. If you're going as the #1 overall pick you're almost always going to a trainwreck organization. Even competent organizations in a bad situation don't go #1 overall. It comes with the territory.

17. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

I don’t really want Lawrence except that he would be on his rookie deal which would enable the Jets to build a team around him through free agency and the draft -

The Jets have a lot of picks, a LT with best in the league potential, and likable player friendly GM...

I think Mims is going to be a good WR when he finally gets on the field...

All in all - it’s not the worst situation for Trevor.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

At what point did Adams want to leave? More importantly, why?

Anderson, for all the talk here of his being only a number two or three receiver is currently sixth in the league in yards while only being sixteenth in targets. Oh yeah, the now questionable quarterback here was very comfortable with him.

19. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

I think Adams is a complete twonk but I also have some sympathy for the guy. He gutted it out everyday at this organisation for 3 years and he must of known in his heart of hearts that his PO chances, let alone SB chances were slim to none here in New Jersey.

If the draft changed to Round 1 picks are on a three year contract and fourth year if you make the playoffs at least once in that time then I'd be okay with that.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

John Tavares is a sack of shit for doing everything he could to intimate to the Islanders he wanted to stay, only to bail on them.

I can’t complain about Adams; he didn’t want to be here, made it widely known, and the Jets thus had an opportunity to maximize their return for him.