Injury Report/Practice

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Sep 9, 2020.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

'Water' a waste of time that proved

:D

2. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Sign this beast! He’ll be cut soon enough

3. Stevied

They say he’s a mauler and loves to get physical, like Beckton. Imagine pairing them up? I’d trade resident gun smuggling enthusiast, and the 3rd best d-lineman in our team Quinnen (Leonard) Williams for this guy and whatever else the titans wanna give us.

4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Have we given up on Quinnin already?

Oh well...

Stevied likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Since I saw it speculated that the QB called up from the PS to be Sam's backup this Sunday would most likely wind up being cut, I hate that it's White being called up. I hope that person was wrong, and that the reason Fales isn't the one called up is so they wouldn't have to pay him for the entire season. The problem is, it is my understanding that the same player can't be called up 2 weeks in a row, and can only be called up twice in one season. If that is accurate, and the Jets like White and plan to keep him, they can only call him up one more time this season, then they'll have to keep him on the roster or on the PS.

Scratch that. Looks like White may be a goner.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Obviously the hope is that we never even need the back up and if we do, it’s when Flacco is healthy. But Jesus Christ I don’t understand the obsession Gase has with Fales. He’d be unemployed if Gase was unemployed. And if they worry is that someone would claim Fales before getting him back on the PS then yikes...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I honestly just think it's because he's well versed in Gase's offense and one less person Gase needs to worry about if his number is called.

Whether you like Gase or not or if you think his offense works or not, from everything I've read, his system is a hard one to learn. That's part of the reason why many expect the Jets to improve this year on offense. Obviously the QB is the most important player to know the offensive system, so maybe he just has comfort in knowing Fales understands the play calls.

9. K'OB

But he is utter shit and is 29yo, also if he is well versed in Gase's system why did they not have him even attempt a throw in his minutes last season, that is the most damning fact for me, he was outshone in camp by White but because he has been with Gase before we get to probably lose a guy that actually looked competent in camp, unlike any of the scrubs from last season.

Horrible stuff.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LOL I have no idea.

I'm just reaching for a possible reason. I have no clue why he continues to bring him along.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Not sure if you guys are Knicks fans but this is like the Knicks keeping around Herb Williams for what felt like decades despite him contributing close to nothing at that stage of his career. At least the fans liked him. Fales is terrible and provides no value whatsoever to the franchise. If “he knows the playbook” is the reason to keep a terrible player around then maybe the playbook ain’t right.

Royal Tee and K'OB like this.
  12. K'OB

American football is as far as I go on your sports front, baseball, basketball and ice hockey do absolutely nothing for me lol

13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I don’t know if Fales was Gase pool boy for a little while but it too surprised me to see why they keep Fales and not use him at all if he is knows his offense. Though Flacco is on the downside of 30, he s a smart guy and picks up the offense pretty well.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

S

15. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Jabari Zuniga - there's a name you never see mentioned, wonder if he will be off IR after Denver ....

16. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Yeah I've been trying to find some updates on our players on IR. Everyone who started the season on IR should be eligible to come back if they're ready but I haven't heard anything

Centiment likes this.
  17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

: )

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  18. Stevied

Yeah yeah yeah. Look, I hope I am wrong about him. I’m exercising caution here though, given that Wilkerson/Richardson/Leo and to a lesser degree Couples, had decent to more than decent early success, and that proved to be their peak. Wanna believe but I’ve seen similar movies before