2020 NFL Week 3: New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts (4:05 pm)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 20, 2020.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Was there any single player that played well today? I was outdoors on a patio with no audio and as you can imagine I wasn’t paying too much attention to the game after it turned into a blowout but I can’t recall a single player standing out because they had a good game. Berrios?

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

No. No-one.

3. Cliv Clav

Cliv Clav Active Member

Gase is not using the TEs at all! Considering they were supposed to be our best skill position group, and a QBs best friend for easy option throws to keep the chains moving, we are averaging just 21 yards per game out of them so far this season!!!
    v Buffalo = 37 yards
    v San Francisco = 5 yards
    v Indianapolis = 21 yards
    Total = 63 yards...all from Herndon too!

Pathetic that an offensive genius, thought to be a QB whisperer, can’t generate any plays or schemes to get production out of Herndon, Griffin, Brown & Wesco!

Look what Tyler Higbee is producing for the Rams, or Mark Andrews for the Ravens!

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Well due to insane T-storms yesterday, (downtown St. Augustine got 6"+rain) DirecTV kept going in and out..... barely saw the game, but each time it came back on for a few minutes, the JETS were down another TD..... I did get to see that lovely pick6 to ice it at the end.

Pre-game Fishing sucked. (1 small trout) Inshore water looks like coffee from all the rain run off.... beers were cold though

5. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Becton looked good until he got hurt.
    Berrios looked better, but that's not the same as good.
    Cager flashed a hint of potential.
    Mann continues to be our best and most important player.

Nobody on Defense.

6. *Please no one take this as me defending Gase*

Gase has a specific system he wants to run.Its a combination of Patriots & Mike Martz’s system.

Quick short throws/screens designed to keep making positive plays & challenging the short zones laterally. It requires quick footed short area WRs who can execute timing routes & make plays happen after the catch.Once defenses start to creep up he wants to take shots down the field vertically Martz style.And just like Martz he primarily uses in line TEs as blockers.

I dont think Sam fits this system & neither does Herndon OR Bell. .Arguably the 3 best players on O..not one fits what he wants to do.

Hes refused to alter his system even slightly.So we’re not gonna see TEs get used & we arent gonna see Sam on designed rollouts.Thats not what Gase wants to do.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I like your post, and believe you're right, but I don't like it that you're right (really that Gase refuses to alter his system to adjust to the talent).

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

From the very beginning of his tenure here, Gase showed that he was inflexible and refused to change his "system" to adapt to the players he actually had, rather than the ones he wanted to have. That's why the injuries that hit his team seem worse than they are for other, better coached teams: those coaches change their playbook to utilize the strengths of the players they have, and minimize their weaknesses. This is why Gase should've been fired by Game 6 of last season.

9. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

Just look what happened with Mike Gesicki in Miami. Under Gase, 22 receptions for 202 yards and 0 TDs. He spent most of his time blocking. He sucks at it. Under Flores, last year, 51 receptions for 570 yards and 5 TDs. This year, he's on pace for (yes, only 3 games) 64 receptions for 933 yards and 11 TDs. You are right, Gase doesn't use tight ends and seldom (I think less than 10% of the time) uses 2 tight ends. For those hoping or expecting him to use 2 tight end sets, it's not in his scheme and he doesn't change his scheme.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Hopefully by Sunday his scheme will be the same as ours - "Ass on the Couch."

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I didn't watch. Not even our Hall of Fame rookie punter?

12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

We didn’t punt much. Sam was throwing INTs before the inevitable fourth down kick.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Looked to me like they've been working on the kid to limit his distance and increase his hang time. Not that it mattered on Sunday..