2020 NFL Week 3: New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts (4:05 pm)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 20, 2020.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The keys to winning this game are the same as the last game (even though we don't ever accomplish any of the key things to win).

So instead I hope to see:

-Sam playing with confidence and trusting his protection. It would also be nice to see him look downfield a little more. And...GET HIM OUT OF THE POCKET MORE!

-Fast start and early lead. What a luxury that would be. Most of Gases gameplans aren't good unless we have a lead. (I use the term good loosely).

-Get our run defense tightened down. Start Avery Williamson please.

Fun matchup to watch:

Quinnen Williams vs Quenton Nelson.

For those who remember, Nelson is the guard Indy took with the 6th pick we traded to them in 2018 (to get Sam). He has since become one of the best guards in the league and a first team pro bowler. It will be interesting to see the two number 1's going at it up front. Also a good measure of Q's development.

I hope we win this game.

Go Jets!

2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Its a 4pm game and it's supposed to be real nice outside.

Im on the fence on if I'll even watch. Probably be a gamecast check every 10-20 min. Maybe catch the 4th before the Celtics game.

This is a game i can see them winning, at minimum being competitive, if they have an ounce of pride

#82 JackBower, Sep 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

The thing Belichek has always done better than anyone is using players strengths and not asking them to do things they can't do. It seems so simple but something so foreign to our coaching staff. Sam has shown to be good on roll outs but we never see it. We have the line now (IMO) to do more play action yet we don't do it. You have a bunch of C level offensive weapons right now so go and devise a package of 10 plays per player and don't ask them all to learn the entire playbook. As long as Sam knows it, drill down and have each player on offense in skill positions master 10-12 plays each and run their packages.

And for God's sake, take the training wheels off and let the QB play ball. One thing Sam has shown is an ability to make a play when things break down. These 3 yard outs and dives are seriously killing me week after week.

We know Gase is a disaster and has not business coaching a flag football team let alone an NFL team. But at least get the f*ck out of the way and let these guys try and do SOMETHING,....

As much as half of me wants the losing to continue to get Gase the F out of here ASAP, when the game starts I am rooting HARD for the Jets to win no matter what the situation.

Give us something to cheer for Sunday

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I have no idea what team Gase will bring to the game today. We have no evidence this Gase team is ready to play football this season after 2 games. Not even a pulse. Not expecting anything today from the Jets.

5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I don’t know how truly good the Colts Defense is after 2 games. I see that they are number #1, and If they are really that good, that doesn’t bode well for Gase and Darnold to get the rhythm going with 3 WRs starters out. Going to have to attack the running game and hopefully we ll see some flashes from Perine.

Only spot I see that could keep us in the game is they stop the Colts’ biggest strength, their running game.

I see in this game the Jets special teams could rack up more points and yards to give us life!

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

So excited to see Perine run the rock today as an FSU fan I loved him as a Gator.

0-2 and not too much to look forward to. I really hope we can steal a win and turn this season around within a Bradyless division.

Won't get my hopes up but a win today with Darnold looking great would put us back into the dog fight

7. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

45-0 and you hope Sam doesn't implode? Can't have it both ways :rolleyes:

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Considering we play on Thursday night this is what will most likely happen:

We come out and look unusually good and win a squeaker. Then we come back all high from that win thinking we got a good chance to go 2-0 against the weakened Broncos. Finally we have something to be excited about!

Thursday night comes and we tune in with hope...only to watch us look like hammered crap and lose 34-3.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I think we will win today. Colts will overlook us and we will win. Similar to Cowboys game last year. I expect a reaction from the team. Let’s see.
    Is Trevor Lawrance really better than Sam as a prospect?

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm watching raiders Pats game.

A ne loss + nyj win and we'll be tied with ne lol

11. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

This game will be the game that seals Gase's fate as the coach of this team. If they come out flat again, after all of the noise about how bad they've been the past couple of weeks, then he's got to go. He should have already been gone, but this has to be the make or break game as far as I'm concerned. What we've seen the past two weeks cannot be allowed to continue by ownership.

12. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I agree, but have NO confidence that AG will have this team ready and have a the same stale GP he always has.

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Today is a good indication of how the team feels about Gase.

It’s now public knowledge his seat is red hot; do they want him here and play hard today or do they come out flat like they did last week?

I think they get smoked.

Brook! likes this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

With all the WRs out, if Gase has any sense at all, he'll go with a 2-TE offense most of the time with Herndon and Griffin or Herndon and Wesco. He also needs to start Perine if Perine is able. He'll also run behind Highway 77 and will send Herndon downfield in deep routes.

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Was close again.

REVISion likes this.
  17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

cant have been all bad, I mean how did Q do now the light has come on?

oh

18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I watched with zero expectations. Felt so much better than getting my hopes up, only to be let down before halftime.

JustinDaseezin likes this.
  19. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Our offense took a noticeable turn to the worse when Becton went out.

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

How long before the post-game presser? dont they normally happen really quickly?