Jags looked like the Jets on Thursday

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ouchy, Sep 26, 2020.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

That game brought some perspective. I mean they made Firz look like Mahomes and their offense, outside of a promising rookie RB, looked like hammered doo doo. And this was against the Dolphins.

I know they won a game but I'm not sure the Jets are any worse then the Jags at this point.

#1 ouchy, Sep 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Miami cost New England home field throughout the playoffs in week 17 last season and they're better this year.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is one of the most underrated QBs of this generation. They lost a close game against a Buffalo team picked by many people to win the AFC East in 2020 last Sunday.

They might win the AFC East in 2020. Why not?

Getting beat by Miami isn't nearly as shameful as getting owned by the 49ers backup scrubs.

3. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

As far as a QB goes, the Fitz is a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Last year he played exceptional against my Pats in week 17, but on the first game of this year against my Pats, he was throwing ducks.

We all know this fact when he played for the Jets because some weeks he would really stink up the joint and other weeks he was great. Yet given a choice between him or Sam, I would reluctantly go with the Fitz right now. Which should point out how disappointed I am on Sam. Hopefully, Sam will prove me wrong.

You never want to wager on a football game the Fitz is playing and I can honestly say I have never seen a QB whose play could change so drastically week to week.

4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

That's a real insult to the Jags, looking as bad as the Jets

Leicester Jet and dawinner127 like this.
  5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He's fun to watch. The guy gives everything he has every week, his passion for the game can be easily seen.

It sucks to see him still playing at a high level for Miami years after the Jets decided it was time to move on and replaced him with with uncle Josh McLoser. More Jets stupidity never seems to end does it?

If they're able to beat Seattle they'll be in the thick of the AFC East title hunt.

Miami tore down their team too not long ago but they had a quality fun player in Fitzpatrick to keep them competitive, watchable during the rebuild. It looks to me like they could be ahead of schedule.

Then I compare it to what Douglas has done here the best analogy I can come up with is getting a root canal without any anesthetic.:(

6. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

We had a season of Fitzmagic and one of Fitztragic so we know what he is BUT I do agree that he has that fire and mentality that at least makes him fun to watch.

It's that 'character' that largely put Mayfield ahead of Darnold on my list in 2018 as I figured that even if/when we fucked up our young QB then at least we'd that QB would rage against the dying of the light and it wasn't that much of a shock that he went to the Browns at #1 for the same reason.

Quite simply put it's just that the current Jets team is such a mental ordeal to watch as they seem to have no passion at all.

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The Jags would smash us.

matt robinson 17 likes this.