I am Apathetic

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 23, 2020.

1. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

The offseason is my favourite part of the year as far as the Jets are concerned now! Free agency! The draft! Hope!

I'm thankful that I love the game and get enjoyment from watching other teams play... but the Jets just cause me pain at the moment.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to learn that! That's where I've been for most of the last 20 years, and that's no fun!!! Douglas has given me hope. If if proves to be false hope, then I'm done with the Jets unless or until the Johnsons sell the team.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Quoted for anticipatory celebration

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I pretty much only enjoy the draft - that's it really

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  5. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Are you renewing your season tix?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

6. SmoothLefty21

SmoothLefty21 Member

I have Red Zone on my TV, the Jets muted on my laptop. They don't deserve our undivided attention.

We're about to have our fifth straight season under .500, a first in franchise history, and as of now we have nothing to show for it besides Becton. No building blocks, no exciting young players save for the Big Ticket. We are a terrible organization from top to bottom. Our previous four dud seasons yielded nothing but an All-Pro safety who got rid of before he turned 25 (and most likely it was the right move) and a hell of a prospect at LT. Maybe Mims will be something to get excited about. Darnold isn't our answer. None of the DLs we've drafted have been good. All were can't-miss guys or guys who were "the most talented player in the draft". I don't want to draft a DL or USC QB in the first round for the next 15 years. Teams consistently find difference-makers/playmakers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. We're lucky if our 2nd and 3rd rounders are in in the league after a couple of seasons, if they even make it that far.

Maybe JD is our savior. Eight of our last nine seasons we've been .500 or worse and the only good season was when our GM went all-in on older vets for a quick thrill and we won 10 games and still, in true Jets fashion, missed the playoffs. JD still being exempt, over the last eight years we can't pick a GM, can't pick a coach, can't draft, can't develop players, can't make smart FA decisions. Through all of that, this is the worst we've ever been. There will be no fluke wins this year to screw us out of a top 3 pick. We're going to finish with a top 2 pick.

Sadly, once you realize professional sports are all about ownership you get depressed about the future outlook of the team. The Knicks + Dolan are the same thing. The Jets will never win a thing unless the Johnsons get their head out of their arses. They need to hand the keys of the whole show over to a football guy and step out of the picture. We have to hope that Joe Douglas is the savior. Tannenbaum is the only remotely competent GM we've had the last two decades. Pro sports are unique. Any other industry, if you have a terribly run organization you'll go under and some other competent organization will take your place in the market. That's not the case here; owners have a license to print money and can't "go out of business" no matter how incompetent they are. They're in the game unless they decide to sell.

The worst part is I believe the Jets have surpassed the Knicks in terms of being a laughingstock. How on earth you can look at someone like Gase, who just failed at a division rival who you saw twice a year--and was meme-level bad--and think he's the guy to lead your team and develop your young QB is beyond me. At least it's much easier to turn it around the NFL than it is the NBA. I'm crossing my fingers that JD is the answer.

#86 SmoothLefty21, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Brook! likes this.
  7. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Will it?

To be fair to the Johnsons, they’ve used consultants, and they’ve hired folks themselves. Those are the only 2 ways you can bring people in right? No way they sell.

8. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Active Member

Sam should have opted out this year, Gase is terrible,

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

zzzzzzzzzzz .....Yawn.... was there a game yesterday? Must have forgotten to set my clock.

Brook! likes this.
  11. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Our Superbowl is on April 29th.

#TankForTrevor

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Not likely at this point. :)

13. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

It we had some semblance of continuity in management and an actual system, I would probably be fine with a significant degree of player turnover. Indeed. But for so long it has been a total revolving door. Nothing to grab hold of, really, throughout the organization. No identity at all. Well, aside from “carnival”.