I am Apathetic

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This could be the season breaking my back. I really don't even want to spend Sunday afternoon watching the Jets. My son wants to try a new cheesesteak place in Philly. We were planning to go Saturday afternoon but I might just offer him to go Sunday afternoon. Bastard is a Giants fan so he won't mind leaving after Giants game is over.

Oh well, from being a season ticket holder to a fair weather fan throwing the towel Week 3.

We won't go 0-16 right?

AJW, egelband, nycarl and 11 others like this.
  2. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

This is the type of thing that will actually help the team going forward. We need the Johnson's to see that they are doing bad job--to see that they are losing the trust and loyalty of one of the most dedicated fan bases in sports. That we deserve better. Better coaches, player development and performance.

Believe it or not, an 0-16 season would be better for us than a 6-10 season. This would show how bad things really are, rather than a facade of the 7-9 season last year.

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

What cheesesteak place??

NYJetsO12 and barfolomew like this.
  4. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

You stuck around a year longer than me. Stopped caring much at all last year. Watched week 1 this year hoping I’d get a spark back and they left that dud on the field. Back to not caring lol. My brother is a huge Bears fan, so I’ll root for them this year.

5. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Don't beat yourself up. You are still a fan. Jets are an absolute mess right now, maybe the worst team in the NFL, so why would you waste your time and emotional investment. Eventually Gase will be gone, and they'll get back to being the somewhat competitive, mediocre, inconsistent, occasionally embarrassing, AFCC-game-once-every-12-years team that we love and reserve our Sundays for!

JETS1116, nycarl, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Honestly, if I knew that was what was in store for the future of the Jets, I would stop being a fan immediately. It's only the hope that one day they will be good that keeps me rooting for them.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You can give up on the Jets without giving up on the sport. There's still a good lineup on this Sunday. College football should be fun this year too. As soon as you stop buying merchandise, season tickets and expecting anything more than failure out of the team you learn to just enjoy the league and sport as a whole.

Makes it easier if you have something to do on Sundays too.

8. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I can definitely understand your feelings Brook. The play of the last couple of weeks is disheartening. With all the injuries on offense, their ineptitude is not unexpected quite frankly. However, the defense is totally unacceptable.

I am wondering if the fact that there will likely be no fans in the stands this year in the Meadowlands actually takes the pressure off JD and CJ to field a competitive team out there. Without 1) the Jet fans constantly booing because of the poor play on the field and 2) the stands being filled with opposing fans due to apathy and 3) in-person / hard-hitting post game interviews - it can be argued that to a certain extent the pressure is off this year. The embarrassment factor based on their terrible performances so far is greatly reduced.

While I believe that JD has generally been good in the off-season, I think that it's almost criminal that the Jets having even tried to enhance their WR room lately (except for Hogan) to give Darnold a fighting chance. It's not like the Jets WR all got injured at the end of TC. The WR were hurt relatively well in advance of opening day and the Jets could have done more if they wanted to try and be more competitive. Sign TD, bring up Cager from the practice squad, sign someone off of another teams practice squad. You need some level of critical mass of talent to try to win. Right now, it's almost as if the Jets aren't even trying.

Quinnenthebeast and Brook! like this.
  9. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Um... Weren't you lecturing me last Sunday before the 49ers game when I was wanting to not watch the Jets game on TV for the first time since my childhood days and made it known I didn't want to watch Sam being destroyed or a joke D without Adams etc?

And because of you. You made me feel guilty for wanting to straight up quit. Because of you I watched the game and do you know how many times I yelled @ my TV saying FK BROOK! for making me watch this shit fest?!?!? At least 10x.

So lock this post. You're better than this.

#10 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    JETS1116 and Brook! like this.
  11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It's called "drunk". Not "apathetic". It also describes my current state.

12. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I hate that I love this miserable franchise. It is an agonizing experience. I watch the games, but I force myself to separate emotionally. When they are competitive and have a shot at the playoffs, I’m all in. But when there are seasons like this one...my literal heart can’t take it.

I knew we were bad last year, but this in many ways feels different (not in a good way)

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Hang in there, Brook! Resign yourself to the fact that this season is going to suck, and they will suck as long as Gase is the HC. We have some hope for the future with Becton, Mann, Douglas, and a few other players. If Gase is gone next season (or sooner!) things will begin improving. With a strong offseason, focusing on the WR and other offensive skill positions, and better coaching, the team should be considerably better next season. Know that you aren't alone.

I'm not wired to be apathetic. If Douglas doesn't seriously address the WR position and the offensive skill positions next year, that's it, I'm done. I won't be apathetic. I'll root that they suck so bad he will get fired and the Johnsons will get so embarrassed that they'll sell the team, or the NFL will fold the franchise for the good of the league.

#13 NCJetsfan, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Brook! likes this.
  14. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

There is a certain vibe this year that was felt from the first game. This is what rock bottom looks like. Before, we were a team struggling to be mediocre, now we just look like....shit...and it’s kinda embarrassing. Before it was like we were the little brother team where people just ruffled your hair and just gave a chuckle.

I’m not quite ready to throw in the towel. I still want to see what Mims can do and I’m hoping Sam finds his legs through all this. I’m giving us until week 5 or 6 before I fall into total despair, but....

this feels bad man, really bad. It needs to happen though.

Leicester Jet, NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  15. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

I dont watch many other teams but checked out the Seahawks beating the Pats, boy Adams doesn't look bored there does he lol. Lucky me I'm away the weekend so no football.

Brook! likes this.
  16. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

I am always about watching my team and only my team. I will watch parts of games of other teams whilst doing something else but its always been about the Jets. But now, its just getting hard to care. I expected a little better than this going into the season. But we look like total trash. Its painful to watch. That sucks even the last piece of hope you had out of you. And its not like its just one or two seasons. Ill always route for them to win, ill always check the score etc. But at the moment I cannot watch them at all and expect us to be 2 TD's down by HT every game at the moment.

Its hard to admit. The NFL season is so short that you wait and wait for it. Then you get served this trash year after year.

ouchy and Brook! like this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It kind of really sucks when we already know we won't be missing anything this year and could travel or do family stuff instead of watching in misery we run up against the conditions that make travel, activities and excursions problematic and decidedly less rewarding.

HomeoftheJets and Brook! like this.
  18. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

@Brook! Did you misspell the title? There seems to be an extra A floating around in there.;)

I'll be watching. There's fuck all else to do over here at that time on a Sunday evening. Even the pubs are shutting at 10pm now.

Brook! likes this.
  19. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Brook, he might volunteer to drive. The Giants suck too.

Let me know how it was. I’m just glad we are playing at 4 so I can finish up lawn patching.

Brook! likes this.
  20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

The part that is killing me about this whole situation is the fact that I feel completely hopeless. It's not about sucking balls. It's not about losing games. It's the fact that nothing is changing. I have ZERO control over the situation and the ownership of this franchise just seems to not give a shit.

I can live with sucking week after week. Hell, I am all for the possibility of drafting a guy like Trevor Lawrence, but the idea that we look this bad and time goes on like nothing is occurring, is what irritates me the most.

Our head coach sucks. Plain and simple. I will be the first to admit that I thought he could turn things around with a healthy roster, but I will also be the first to admit I was dead ass wrong. The organization is headed in the right direction with Douglas running things, but until this idiot is fired, nothing will change. And the fact that he is still the Jets head coach on Thursday, September 24th, is fuckin mind blowing