Who Should be Coach in 2021?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Linebacker712, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Is Herm Edwards available?

He’d be a meaningful upgrade over the last few coaches...

2. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

Can we also get rid of these shitty jerseys

HomeoftheJets, Jake and Jerryjeudy like this.
  3. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

For real. give us these beauts back:

[​IMG]

MexicanJet, cval, Jets81 and 2 others like this.
  4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Can you imagine if it was BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER. He's going to get interviews if Russ keeps performing like he is lol

BrowningNagle likes this.
  5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He may be , but he coached under Shaun Peyton , transformed LSUs offense and look what he did for Joe Burrow. Looking to save Sam. Honestly I think it's a moot point. Sadly, I dont think CJ fires Gase.

#185 TonyFtLaud, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Every remaining game of this season is just more rope for Gase to hang himself with. Current and former players are already starting to criticize him even if it’s indirectly. I expect that to get worse when you consider that many of the guys we traded and released will beat us later this season.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

As crazy as it sounds I think the new Rex Ryan who MHO learns a lot learn a lot a TV person would make a good HC :mad:

JerzeJets likes this.
  8. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

So what you're saying is....

Actually I'm not quite sure what you're saying.

Rex back? I'm game.

9. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Chiefs Offensive Coordinator for sure.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

As frustrating as he was, I gained a new appreciation for him when I found out that Mark Sanchez was so dumb that he needed his wrist band color coded and needed those dumb fullback and tightend motions because Sanchez couldn't figure out man vs. zone.

Tough to give him a lot of credit in Seattle though. I'd rather stay away.

I wonder what Mangini is doing. Only half kidding...

#190 Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 23, 2020
  11. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

The question should be, "who should be the Jets coach in 2020?" Gase should be fired immediately. Every day he is coach does damage to the team and all of the players. Only a truly terrible owner like CJ could fail to realize this. Who is up for a giant FIRE GASE NOW billboard? I'm ready to chip in.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That would be a very Jets-like hire

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Seems Gase set it up so it would hard fire him mid-season. No QB coach no real OC.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

JBC has experience calling plays and Gregg Williams has HC experience. Very different than when Bowles was here where no one else on the staff had HC experience.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don’t see the point in firing Gase now, he’s made his bed now let him lay in it. Let him live with a 1-3 win team on his resume.

What would firing him now accomplish? This team is clearly not a playoff team so we may as well just bottom out completely. I’d rather win the 1-2 games with Gase than say 4-5 with Williams as interim HC.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

People talking about bring back old coaches is giving me trauma.

Rex is a good DC - not a good HC.
    Every player that played for Mangini hated him. He would be a good GM - not a good HC. This is a guy that turned not one, but two teams locker rooms against him.
    Herm was washed up before he left the Jets. I cant believe KC gave him a job. In hindsight, I don't think they can either.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

In the past I would have agreed with you. I thought that if the team was going to be awful, might as well get as good a draft position as possible. If Sam had proven that he was definitely not going to be our FQB, then I'd still agree so that we at least had a chance to get Lawrence in the draft. Part of me still wants Lawrence, but as another poster said, Lawrence would probably opt to stay in school or just refuse to sign with the Jets as Elway did with the Colts. That would be typical Jets "luck."

Douglas is trying to change the culture, and we're trying to find out if Sam can be our FQB. I think he can still be. Gase could very well be ruining Sam. Gase could be causing the players to coast, to not care, to not try, and that would be very bad and could definitely set back Douglas' efforts to change the culture. Players like McDougald and Jenkins will probably continue to speak out, or others will, and the Jets will become even more of a circus and a joke. It could get to the point where no players want to sign here in FA except really bad players or players who see the Jets as a cash cow and want to come here because they know the Jets will overpay and they can just coast. I'm tired of the Jets being the laughingstock of the league. I'm tired of their being so inept.

Firing Gase now would send a clear message to the players on the Jets and to the NFL that the Johnsons are not going to be patient any more. If Douglas is the one who fires Gase and makes the hire of the new HC, it would be a great thing for the franchise. It would show that they're (the Johnsons and Douglas are) tired of the losing and being embarrassed, and would also show that they have realized that it's time to stop meddling and let a professional run the team. Even if it's C. Johnson who fires Gase, it could be the thing that helps him realize that he doesn't know what he's doing and cause him to hand over the reins to Douglas.

Williams wouldn't accept slack practices the rest of this season. I'd bet that the injury issues would go away. I'd bet that the team would be prepared to play each week. I'd bet that Sam would play better under Cooter, and perhaps be turned loose so he could really learn and develop. It would provide something for the team to build upon next year, whereas, if Gase stays the whole season, there will probably be nothing to build upon.

It would give the fanbase some hope and something to cheer about.

#197 NCJetsfan, Sep 23, 2020
    Frenbar and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

We will see. Past history says Gase is back. I hope not, but I'm afraid history will repeat.

#198 TonyFtLaud, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Rex is also a buffoon and an embarrassment. People have forgotten how wretched Rex's last 3-4 years here were.

I don't know that every player that played for Mangini hated him, but he had definitely lost the team here. I can't speak about Cleveland.

I'm still in shock that the Jets did as well as they did under Herm and that they put the beating on the Colts in the playoffs that they did. I truly don't know how they did it. I knew after the 1st game that he wasn't the answer, that he was just a walking, talking cliché machine. He talked big about "playing to win" but he coached "playing not to lose." He was too conservative. I couldn't believe that KC not only gave him a job, but gave the Jets a draft pick (or was it multiple picks?) for him. Further, I'm shocked that he got a college HC job.

This isn't the George Steinbrenner Yankees and Billy Martin. We're not gonna re-hire a previous HC nor should we. I'd rather see the franchise fold, and Joe Namath and every former Jet say that they're sorry that they ever played for the Jets and burn their Jets memorabilia on the 50 yard line of the new stadium that rehire any of those clowns.

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes I think Rex learn a lot when at ESPN & rex #2 would be OK :mad:

JerzeJets likes this.