Who Should be Coach in 2021?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Linebacker712, Sep 13, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What has Harbaugh done for the Jets? Why should my allegiance be to him? Douglas has brought some professionalism, competence, class, and hope to the team.

Harbaugh did a great job in SF as HC. I don't have a problem with that. It's the idea of his having complete control and my concern that he would not be able to co-exist with Joe Douglas that gives me pause. The Jets' biggest problem (aside from its owners) for the last 20+ years has been horrible drafting and mishandling of FA. I don't think Harbaugh is going to help fix that if he has complete control. Douglas is the most qualified GM we've had in the last 20+ years, and maybe ever. If Harbaugh becomes HC, he'll have his work cut out for him just changing the culture here and getting the team to perform on the field. I wouldn't want him distracted by having to scout and handle the draft and FA, something in which he's not experienced, or deal with contract negotiations, which could hurt his relationship with the players and affect the team's play.

I believe that Douglas is in the process of turning things around here and building a franchise and team that we can all be proud of. Without talent, Harbaugh isn't going to be able to be a winner here. He's not a miracle worker and won't be able to turn chicken shit into even chicken salad, much less coq au vin. I don't think that Harbaugh and Douglas could co-exist. If they can, awesome. If the Jets do fire Gase, and Harbaugh is willing to become our HC without having to have complete control and is willing to work under and/or with Douglas, great, I'll be all for it. Unless Douglas proves to be yet another failure in getting us the talent we need, however, if push comes to shove, I'm going to side with Douglas over Harbaugh 10 times out of 10.

I'm just tired of all the drama, the three-ring circus, and stupid dysfunctional BS with the Jets. I want a team that I can be proud of, that will have a solid foundation, be built to endure, and that will be a winner

#161 NCJetsfan, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    LAJet likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

You could be right. As I said, if the two could co-exist and work together, it could be awesome, and the current Jets' org chart could finally work, but I'd still want a VP of Football Operations to oversee both of them and be the final moderator rather than one or both of the Johnsons.

3. NCJetsfan

I think you're right about Douglas. I just hope that building both lines isn't at the expense of skill position players. If it is, then I will turn on Douglas and want him gone.

If Harbaugh and Douglas can co-exist and work together, then it could be awesome, and I would be for trying it. I may be biased because every time Harbaugh has been mentioned on this site, so many posters have said that Harbaugh would most certainly demand full control. That won't fly imo. Hopefully, we will fire Gase, and Harbaugh will be willing to come here and work alongside Douglas. I would love to be proven wrong because that could be what's best for the Jets. Potentially, with those two in control of the team, we would at least challenge for a SB within a couple of years if not win one or more SBs.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Jim Harbaugh has a prickly personality. He's been alienating people since he was the QB at Michigan back in the early 1980's, where his teammates nicknamed him "Hair Ball".

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Bill Cowher (just look at Gruden with Oakland). Bill is my choice.

6. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Who cares? They need players. They have the worst roster in the league.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Thmx to JD removing Robby and Jamal. Those two moves ended our season before it started.

8. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

True
    True enough but it's not about this year. The GM has a plan and a long contract and the time to do it right.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

What's his plan, to replace an undrafted GEM in Robby with a former FIRST ROUND BUST PERRIMAN and/or refuse to pay a HOF talent Jamal drafted 6th overall while giving us CRAP picks in return due to moving him to a real SUPER BOWL CONTENDER? Some plan. Both those crap 1st rd picks won't become 25% the player Jamal already is. .
    Fk jd

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Because he can't properly utilize the players he does have.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

What about Byron Leftwich? Learned under Arians, calls the plays for Tampa. Would connect well with the younger players

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I like Leftwich but my call would be Jay Gruden. Had a raw deal in Washington and Minshew is looking great in Jax.

Vinco and BrowningNagle like this.
  13. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Arthur Smith, Eric Bienemy, one of those guys....basically the same list 2 years ago when we inexplicably hired Gase

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Of all QBs in the league it really chaps my ass to see Minshew play well. Our Jets tanked and then still traded a small fortune to move up for Darnold. He sucks and Jax gets Minshew in rd 6 and he's good

oh but good point, I didn't realize Gruden was his OC

15. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I would be okay with Jay.

16. NCJetsfan

Jay?

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jay Gruden

TwoHeadedMonster and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

Thanks.

19. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Short list
    1 Greg Roman
    2 Dave Toub
    3 Joe Brady

20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Brady might be the ultimate boom or bust candidate.