Greates Poll of All Time - Who is worse? Bowles or Gase?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 21, 2020.

?

Who is worse?

1. Bowles

15.5%
  2. Gase

84.5%
  1. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I have to also say Kotite knew it was his last rodeo, so coasted a bit getting his last good payday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I think Bowles being long time NFL player, knows his trade, but he hired putrid staff, and wasn’t a good head coach after 1st yr. I think Macc contributed to his failure. But maybe not made to be great HC. Maybe he will get 2jd chance. Macc hired Gase, Gase got Macc fired, Gase hired JD, what’s the next logical step? Karma is a bitch! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LAJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

It’s incredibly easy to answer.

Brook! likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The answer is insanely easy. Most people knew we downgraded the day Gase was hired. The rest of the people are finally figuring it out.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Damn 32-1 in favor of Gase. I don't think we'd get a margin that wide if we polled TGG on whether the Earth is round.

6. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Gase supposedly developed Peyton Manning, the best regular season QB in the history of the NFL

Can you imagine if other teams actually thought Gase had anything to do with Peyton’s success?

How stupid would those franchises have to be to believe that bullshit?

The Dolphins and Jets both fell for it

I’m starting to think Woody and crew are purposefully dogging it — that theory is starting to gain some momentum with the coaching and drafting selections we’ve been forced to endure as fans

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

@DefenseWinsChampionships At least the Dolphins hired Gase when there were plausible arguments supporting their decision. We saw Gase's failures in Miami and hired him anyway.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Gase for sure.
    Bowles was a piss poor HC, but is a true NFL defensive coordinator. Gase shouldn't be allowed to sell nachos in an NFL stadium.

NCJetsfan and MoWilkBeast like this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

I tried to support him after our late season surge. But he's horrible. And he should have been fired after his first presser; the man was on serious DRUGS during his jet introduction. Should have been fired and sent to rehab from there.

10. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

A non contest. Bowles' defenses were fairly good but he was damned by his inability to put any sort of stamp or direction on offense and his general demeanour, which would be fine if you win 10+ games a season, not when you are winning 6. Just another coordinator that could not step up to the big job.

The weakness on Gase's team is supposed to be his speciality. Maybe his scheme would work with a great QB and a stacked roster, but they sure as hell don't with the rosters he's worked with in Miami and here.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO! Sadly, you're probably right!

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I prefer Gase at the moment, but both are terrible. Gase sounds more intelligent and I feel he grasps football more when I listen to him talk. It just never shows up on the field. Ridiculous. I was not a Bowles fan at all. Could be because Year 2, 3 and 4 were so bad. I am sure if Gase ever got to Year 3 or 4 I would feel the same.

13. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

I chose Bowles because imo he had a better team to work with, Gase is terrible but boy we have zero players on offense and thats on Mac

14. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I like this point a lot. I remember in TC as his first year as our coach a reporter asked bowles 'you spent today with the offense, you're a defensive coach shouldn't you be spending time woth the defense?' And bowles snapped back, 'I know what the defense is doing.' I really loved that in contrast to rexs later years with us.

Also bowles had a winning year and was one game away from the playoffs.

IIMeanDeanII and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I feel like 2020 has messed with a lot of people's minds. The Bowles Jets teams in 2016, 2017 and 2018 were literally horrendous and played completely uninspired football. Gase went (7-9) his first season, a pandemic hit, half his roster is injured, they played a tough Buffalo Bills team on the road and the defending NFC Champion 49ers and are (0-2) and people have jumped off the ledge.

These are not excuses for Gase, they are the truth. Gase has coached poorly. His offensive play calling has been really bad. The defense has been just as bad, if not worse. Comparing him to Kotite is ridiculous though. Saying he is worse than Bowles is too.

The question is how good would the team play if they were coached by Andy Reid or Kyle Shanahan or Sean McVay? Do they make this team go (2-0) with this schedule/roster or are they (0-2) also, but played tighter games? It is hard to know.

16. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

This is true. Bowles did well under Ariens, and he looks like he's doing well with Ariens again. Gase was shit as an offensive coordinator; the true OC on the Broncos was Payton himself. As soon as Gase went to the Bears, he was a miserable failure, and yet he STILL got the Dolphins job, failed there, and STILL got the Jets job and is failing here. For some reason, Chris Johnson, as well as many analysts, still think that he's a great offensive mind! How??? What the FUCK has he ever shown? Even an SI article this morning said that Gase is still the right coach for the Jets. Why is everybody on this guy's dick??

17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Not even worth having a poll. The answer is Gase.

barfolomew likes this.
  18. I voted for Bowles. No tangible reason..just never felt so hopeless as a Jets fan.

Gase pisses people off more to the point where perhaps it inspires change fron ownership or at least a perceived hope of such..

Bowles inspired late 4th qtr pooch punts down double digits & constipation.Nothing else

Centiment likes this.
  19. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I thought about my answer for a long time and I decided on Bowles. The reason is, I had expectations for Bowles. A well-thought of coordinator finally gets his chance. He just stood on the sidelines doing nothing. Gase was a bad hire the day it happened, after year 1, during year 2, anyway you slice it. He's just living up to his expectations.

barfolomew likes this.
  20. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Oh the life of a Jets fan!
    I went with Gase.