Jets vs SF Week 2 2020 - Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Sep 21, 2020.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Studs

Becton - had a great game in pass protection and was pancaking people in the run game. Very impressed with him so far

Q. Williams - had pressure all day. 2 sacks a FF 7 tackles (4 solo) and 2 TFL in the run game. we was a disruptive force

Duds

Gase - God awful coaching and playcalling. looks like we don't even want to be out there. I know injuries are piling up but still. I could write a book on how many ways he was awful but I think we are all aware

Greg williams - couldn't stop the JV 49ers team. backup QB, RB, and their top 2 WRs out and we still got torched. opening play was an 80 yard run. just awful. not to mention 3rd and 31 50 yard run for a 1st down with a 3rd string RB

JD - not all his fault but he has to address the WR situation now. sam has nobody to throw to. we only dressed 4 WRs and 2 got hurt in the game (although hogan returned) at 1 point we had 2 Wrs left our 5th and 6th ones. that's pathetic. also letting robby anderson go for perriman is a joke. and awful of the people here who shit on robby and thought periman was as good or better. robby has 15 catches 223 yards and a TD in 2 games with teddy at QB (2 players we had) periman has 5 catches for 23 yards and got hurt already as usual

Chris Herndon - was pure garbage. dropped an easy TD that hit him in the chest. 2nd week in a row he had a major fuck up (also fumbled week 1) and has had drop issues all year.

Jets Wrs/TEs - all of them. hogas was ok as was berrios but the rest were awful and too many drops. it's like we all take turns fucking up

I could list pretty much the whole team but what's the point. we are awful

barfolomew and K'OB like this.
  2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Teddy also has McCaffrey, Moore and Samuel to throw to in addition to Robby.

any one of those would be an instant upgrade to the skill positions. Jets have none of that.

barfolomew likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

we have bell and crowder. we also could have signed perriman too along with robby. plus mims.

barfolomew likes this.
  4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'd add Gore in the studs. He is not the pass catcher that Bell is but he did a better job running and blocking then Bell has done for us. Gore has an amazing sense of finding holes.

I disagree with the WRs being in the duds. IMO they played above their heads and made some decent plays. Its not their fault Gase' offense is flaming dog crap. I feel like we could have worked them more downfield and they would have produced something.

Herndon needs to show up. He has cost us points 2 weeks in a row and done nothing in return.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Sam was a stud. He couldn’t do anymore than he did. If receivers caught he has 200 yards and 2 touchdowns . Only questionable ball was a throw to Malone that Malone should have had and not sure he didn’t take his route too deep.

GasedAndConfused and ouchy like this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

sam did good all things considered but on a day the offense sucked it's hard to give him a stud. he was more solid

Jets81 likes this.