Are we officially the worst team in the league?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vokab206, Sep 20, 2020.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We have been devoid of Talent since Bowles last season....Remember when Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall were our recivers and Chris Ivory was tearing it apart.

2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Yes, it's Joe Douglas's fault this team has sucked ass at drafting for the last 12 years.

Andy_M, Vida, PJ4Ever and 1 other person like this.
  3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Running Gase's dinking and dunking WR-less offense.

Jets81 likes this.
  4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

They have played probably the 2 best teams in the AFC.
    They will still be in the hunt for that division.

5. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

it is when 99% of them are check downs underneath

TonyFtLaud and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  6. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I'll adjust this list every week, right now the games that are obstacles in our Fire Gase and Tank for Trevor campaign are:

1) Colts (Rivers has the potential to throw 6 ints at this point)
    2) Phins (tough team, but we split with them a lot)
    3) Denver (no QB) (coming across country with no QB is pretty tough)

Not being sarcastic, I am sticking to my belief that it will take a 3 win or less season to see Gase gone or have even a remote chance at that 1 pick. I'm not supporting this team winning meaningless games with a coach and a QB that don't have the capability to get us a Lombardi.

Gase is terrible, we all agree on that. Sam could be solid if he has a lot of tools around him, but give me someone that can throw the team on their shoulders.

Maybe going 0-16 is what this team really needs.

Snatch Catch likes this.
  7. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Ownership is so bad that if we go 16 -0 and I’m Trevor Lawrence I’d stay in school or tell the Jets I’m not playing for them...there’s ZERO!! Talent on the offensive side of the ball.... And ask yourself guy’s.... Would you trust the Johnson brothers picking the next HC for this team?? they’re not gonna let Douglas pick the next HC ...... hell!!! If Gase wins a few games at the end of the season they may even give Him an extension!! Darold is Ruined !!!! Knowing these guys Because he wasn’t able to turn spam into prime rib they Won’t give him a Contract extension Beyond his rookie deal... Most likely franchising him Till they run out of options then letting him go ... were he’ll get with a real Pro Organization and flourish

#27 jetstopgun, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  8. SmoothLefty21

SmoothLefty21 Member

I don't think it's even close. Between coaching and lack of talent, we're in our own league this year.

Last year was such a fluke 7-9 team. That was really a 3-13 or 4-12 team and we lost our best player and best WR. 2-14 is not out of reach.

Vida likes this.
  9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

It really pains me as a fan to throw in the towel in week 2, but this is probably the most lifeless I have ever seen then starting their first 2 weeks. All this is coming off that mirage of a 6-2 stretch last year which included barely beating the Bills backups week 17. Considering there is no plans to fire Gase midseason I think they should just stick with him and lose out.

10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I'd be shocked if they did that well this year, although I'm sure they'll pull it together to win a couple of games late to pull us out of contention for Lawrence (or the king's ransom that someone would pay to move up to that spot).

Sadly, this team (outside of a few players, like Becton and Maye) looks like they've already quit. It's Week 2 for crying out loud.

Vida likes this.
  11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You may have a point--this year the Vikings are actually STARTING Dakota Dozier, the ex-jet who sat on the bench watching the piss-poor jets OL for 5 years. Kinda sums up the Vikings plight.

12. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

The whole team looks like it has quit, and the HC is not accountable at all. This team gives you nothing year in and year out. There is no reason to think there is any hope of success any time soon.
    Being a fan of a team is supposed to be fun and make you feel good. It’s like turning on the tv every day and watching bad news. What’s the point? The Johnsons run this whole organization and it sucks. They make bad decisions and this last one has probably ruined a chance at having a franchise an. Glad I didn’t have to buy tickets this year for the first time in 23 years. Don’t think I’m going to again. It might be time to move on completely.

westiedog1 likes this.
  13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Now we’re getting shit on during Sunday night football while they recount Belichecks history with the Jets.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets have played 2 great teams too in the Bills and 49ers. So it is hard to say who is great and who isn't. I agree, listing the Texans is terrible after they played the Chiefs and Ravens.

15. JetsCuseYanksFan

I’ve been a fan for nearly 40 years. And for the first time, I’m done. I actually went to see the Jets play the Redskins during the 1-15 season. That game was at least competitive. But this ...I’ve got no more words. And since actions speak louder than words, I called Direct TV after the game, and canceled my Sunday NFL Ticket. I almost did it last year after the 1-7 start, but couldn’t do it. This team, this situation, finally broke me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

At least the Lions and Vikings led for a part of their games.

Vida likes this.
  17. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I hear the Big 10 is going to play this year, maybe we can play in that league.

Vida likes this.
  18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

19. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It isn't close

Vida likes this.
  20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. . So which is it?

. . ..