Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

That wasn't my point. My point was that many franchise QBs make due with what they got and still put up solid numbers.

You don't have a franchise QB if you have to consistently worry about fielding pro bowl elite weapons. Often times a franchise QB will make average WRs look well above average.

All of these teams don't get lucky year after year with WR talent, nor do they know more than any other GM when drafting one. They don't need to hit on an elite talent because their QB turns non elite receivers into high impact players

2. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Just listed to Gase’s press conference on SNY. If you don’t fire this idiot, shame on you. I just watched the Chargers lose a tough one to the Chiefs. The Chargers coach Lynn was impressive. Wasn’t he on the Jets at some point?

SOJAZ likes this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

RB Coach for us. When Rex went to Buffalo he became the OC and now is the HC for LA

ColoradoContrails and papapump like this.
  4. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Damn dude, we blew that one.

5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I think he interviewed for the job here after Rex was fired. I think they knew that they would have had a hard time selling the fans on hiring from within Rex's staff after how fed up we all were with him at that point, but in hindsight it would have absolutely been a better hire than what we've had since then.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

AJ Brown was one of the top WR's out of that class. Corey Davis still is a decent WR.

Sharpe, Humpries, Jennings and Raymond didnt do much but guess what they had?

derrick Henry.

Run game started slowly and became dominant as the year wore on. Tannehill wasnt much until they had a strong focus on the run game and then had play action pass off that. Also Jonnu Smith at TE was an option.

Theres no dominant or any semblace of a run game or a guy who scares you on the offensive side of the ball. Id rather trot out Perine and try to catch lightning in a bottle with fresher legs. The WR corps is what it is for a few weeks until guys can hopefully recover and get more reps in.

Pepsiguy5 and azhar80 like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No one is saying Darnold needs Pro Bowl weapons to succeed (but they sure would make that easier!), but he doesn't even have toilet bowl receivers, not to metnion a HC/OC that have their heads up their asses. I'm not saying he's proven himself to the the FQB they've needed for decades, but I think it's too soon to say he isn't.

SOJAZ, Vida, PJ4Ever and 2 others like this.
  8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I remember the Coslet years and some of those O’Brien/Marino duels. Think I started following in the late 80’s or early 90’s. Kotites team was truly terrible.

I think this group is demoralized at this point. Yes, they’re getting paid a shit load of money to perform, but have you ever been forced to play a game that you knew you had no chance of winning? Once that seeps into your mind, it can change the way you perform, consciously or not.

Sack exchange likes this.
  9. SmoothLefty21

SmoothLefty21 Member

Having the NFL's leading rusher might open up the passing game just a little bit.

10. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Long time fan as well, this rivals the Kottite yrs for sure. This is rock bottom, 1996 comes to mind for sure, bristers laterral to other team for TD bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jets81 likes this.
  11. Sack exchange

Watching pats vs hawks, both well coached teams... so obvious we are not!

Jets81 likes this.
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I remember a certain someone telling us the Pats were done when Brady left.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Crazy to think we had both Carrol and Belicheck back in the day.

14. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

If the jets really wanted to punish manish, they should give him him press pass back and force him to attend these games. Good grief, I’ve never seen worse football

15. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Listen, every single Jets fan I know (including the two guys at WFAN - Benigno and Roberts) knew Gase was terrible the instant his name was floated as a potential Jets hire. Everyone. I don't know a single person who even said, "You know, maybe he would be okay." Every single person I know said, "He sucks. I don't want him."

And you know what? He sucks. This is not a surprise.

The problem, as it has been for the entire 35 years I've been a Jets fan, is the ownership. The ownership (first Leon, now the Johnson dopes) has never known anything about football and has never cared if the team wins a championship. Hess cared for one season because he was about to die, so he hired Parcells and let him do whatever he wanted - this of course resulted in the greatest success we've had since Namath. Other than that? It's a franchise that perpetually looks like it couldn't care less if it ever wins a Super Bowl and that's because the ownership actually couldn't care less if we ever win a Super Bowl.

Nothing will change until the ownership is gone.

REVISion, Vida, Since1969 and 4 others like this.
  16. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

same here we lost his bro 2 yrs ago pyr dane and pyr lab mixes both 100+lbs boys

17. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

then he should address 2 areas per yr. He had a chance to help teh defense by spending money only money on a pass rusher and JD passed he left this team worse then it was last yr. It has regressed and we have less talent how does that happen?

18. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

yeah in my humble opinion this game today was by far the most glaring instance of the Jets complete lack of skill players. It just killed them and that is all there is to it.

But before we go completely murdering the Jets braintrust for this I think we need to acknowledge that pretty much any NFL offense is going to suffer pretty badly if you take away its 4 top WR/RB guys, have another barely back (Perine) and another in a complete funk (Herndon can't catch a cold right now). I guess blasting them for not taking one more WR in the draft is pretty fair now but would that have been a huge difference today or a huge difference in the long run? Probably not. We need a round 1 type stud and I'm sure thats coming in the upcoming 2 years... probably even more than one.

It sucks but it is what it is. We need equal amounts of healing and patience.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  19. Sack exchange

We got rid of Carroll for Kotitte.

20. Sack exchange

If Leon would have lived a little longer, we would have had belicheat, once Johnson bought he was off to NE and parcels was “retiring”.