Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It's fair to wonder if Sam is a FQB, but who will he throw to if Perriman and Hogan are out next week? Not to mention Bell will be out and Gore is 37. Relying on him to carry the load in the running game is not optimal.

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying, I do, and, I'm not suggesting you are right or wrong.

However.. Something I do want you to think about.

I watched flashes of greatness out of this kid when Bowles was here.. I even seen It at times last year under, Gase. However, those moments, were usually when the play broke down and Darnold did his thing.. It literally had nothing to do with Gase in those moments. It was basically street ball.

I seen that ONE play today, that resulted in a touchdown. Again, It wasn't because of the play design, It was because Darnold used his skills to make something out of nothing.

I think about Tannehill.. The guy has been on fire ever since getting away from, Gase. Today he looked amazing for the Titans.

So my question for you and others...

Do you honestly think, If, Darnold went to another team that actually knew what they were doing at the QB position and offense. He would still look bad?

I feel, personally, very confident Darnold would go off and look amazing with a lot of other teams In this league. Something tells me, instinctually, Darnold would be a great player most anywhere else in the NFL.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's a tough question and one I hope to never find out. I hope he is the franchise QB and a new coach will prove that. My only concern is that he continues to make the same bad mistakes he made when he was a rookie. Last week's game was mistake after mistake that had nothing to do with the playcall or the talent at WR. He missed wide open receivers. He held the ball too long. He didn't throw the ball away.

Even today, he made a few horrendous throws and was lucky they were not picked off.

It's a hard argument considering what you are saying is a fact with Tannehill, but there are a lot of red flags that are still bothering me with his play.

NYJetsO12 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This can’t be a real quote But enjoy -

EDIT - found the clip

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

lets not act like he has done some phenomenal job either. ill give him a little more rope to hang himself though.

maybe let the fucking gm hire the coach this time instead of some dipshit consulting firm or the idiot owner and his dipshit brother.

LAJet likes this.
  6. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

I'm watching the Chargers game and it is insane that we never made a strong enough push to keep Lynn here and make him our head coach. Yeah, I know they're vastly more talented, but he's got a rookie QB playing extremely well against KC. Gase has our 3rd year franchise QB playing like a rookie playing against KC. I think Darnold has something though that Gase hasn't burned out of him yet. Hopefully we can find a coach who gets football, like Lynn, and can salvage Darnold's career and bring some semblance of respectability back to this franchise.

papapump likes this.
  7. alleycat9

he obviously didnt have much for 4th and 1 either. nor 3rd and 1

fuck this guy gase

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Reports are coming out that the 49ers are anxious and nervous to play again in Metlife with the turf and injuries. They play the Giants

barfolomew likes this.
  9. alleycat9

i said that to a buddy of mine during the game, something must be wrong with that turf, how many knee. ankle and foot injuries were there today? 4 or 5 maybe

NYJetsO12 and gajetsfan like this.
  10. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Thanks it is appreciated

K'OB likes this.
  11. rammagen

Thanks it is the silence that is killing me

12. rammagen

Thanks

Jets81 likes this.
  13. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I think you are rolling Sam's performance last week into this week.

I remember Sam missing 2 throws today - both under duress. One had a chance to be picked because he floated it high. The other had no chance to be picked because it was short and the WR had a chance to catch it.

Sam was pretty good today considering. There were a lot more negative plays made around him. Especially if you consider how many times Gase scripted a play short of the line of scrimmage.

The jury remains out on Sam but there's plenty of evidence that he has the talent. Sadly there's also plenty of excuses as to why that talent hasn't manifested more consistently.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

14. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

Just awful. I’m sorry.

NYJetsO12 and rammagen like this.
  15. Imagesrdecieving

I know you don't want to hear this but don't put off getting another dog. My dogs are the soul of my house. I know so many people who put off getting another dog out of some misguided sense of betraying their lost pup. That's ludicrous. The sooner you do the sooner the healing can begin.

Vida, Jets81 and rammagen like this.
  16. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Ridiculous if there is an issue with the turf. I mean isn’t there a QA checking in these conditions?

missed those grass and dirt stains on the uniforms.

17. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I say joined at the hip because Gase made an endorsement towards having JD has GM. That's about as close as joined in my book anyway. I don't
    see anyway possible that JD is going to be knocking on the owner's door and recommending that the coach be fired. It's going to be CJ making the call on this one.

18. rammagen

I would but my wife wants to wait till we come back with my parents . but she isn't the one working from home sine march at least thru jan if not longer.
    Again thanks allot for the condolences.

Vida and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  19. rammagen

thanks

20. Imagesrdecieving

Hopefully when CJ asks JD what he thinks about why things aren't working out with Gase at the helm JD answer professionally and not personally.