Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

In times like these, I always wonder how a GM and owner can continue without firing the coach.

The ENTIRE fan base is calling for it. Almost every analyst is calling for it. How do you not fire him immediately?

2. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that.

3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Fire Gase today, please.

Only the 1996 team was worse--yet, at least that team was more fun to watch, because every single play, offense, defense, or special teams, was a broken play, so anything could happen.

cmcm750203 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's done. The team quit today. You don't give up an 80 yard touchdown to start the game AT HOME and a 3rd and 31 on a run play if the effort is there.

Stick a fork in em. I hope we get to our first in-season firing in my lifetime.

5. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Guys I'm starting to think Gase was a bad hire.

Vida, dman928, HomeoftheJets and 4 others like this.
  6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that man.

rammagen likes this.
  7. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

The question will now be about the offense.

Loggins will have to go and theres no qb coach.

If you fore gase and loggins, there needs to be a few people off the street who can come in and help.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Visonary

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I wish. More than anything. Us fans found a way to stand up against this bullshit. We as fans have endured far too much, for far too long. When is enough, enough?

I can't take it anymore. I seriously can't.

I'm losing my fucking mind over a POS team that is being ran into the fucking ground because of a couple dumb fuck owners who can't find enough ways to fuck over their fans and this team.

How fucking dare Christopher Johnson standup for Gase at this time?

How dare he insult our Intelligence over and over again by insinuating he knows best, that the entire Jets fan base are made up of simpleton's who just can't see the true genius of the all amazing, Gase?

Sell the fucking team, Johnson's. Fuck you, fuck your money and desires, for the love all JETS fans everywhere around the world.

SELL THE FUCKING TEAM!

10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The decision to fire Gas is going to be CJ's call - since JD is going to be in favor of keeping Gase because the 2 or joined at the hip.
    And we already know how rare a flash maneuver is with this ownership.

AndyDrums likes this.
  11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It is heartbreaking to lose your dog :(

rammagen and KWJetsFan like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Are you available? Are you willing to to take $500k to call plays and put in 7 days a week for the next three months?

Anyone can coach the quarterback to throw the ball beyond the LOS.

13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The Jets are just pitiful,. Boy, Robbie Anderson109 yards catching might have helped us today. It doesn't matter what coach comes here the Jets suck the lifeblood out of everything and everyone. I mean we could have Montana, Rice, Emmitt Smith all in their prime and the Jets would find a coach to make them look horrible. How much longer can this curse go on?

Jets81 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Perine will hopefully get some more reps next week. Got to get Mims back in week 4, then we’ll see if the team is making progress. Gase is not the answer but let’s face it, he isn’t getting fired in mid season

Cman68 likes this.
  15. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Gase has been statistically terrible outside his Peyton Manning years and has shown he has a terrible and inflexible personality as a coach. Drake and Tannehill flourishing last year should have been the sign that we should have canned him immediately. If we were talking about a first time head coach it would be a different story.

16. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

A guy like Gase does literally suck the life out of any organization when he’s in charge. Is he qualified on paper? Maybe. But to the rank and file, he’s an overblown tool bag gym rat with no leadership skills. None. He also quits mid game ALOT. Which is a fireable offense. Lastly he pouts and looks for sympathy. Boo fucking hoo.

At best he should be an assistant to an assistant watching film and contributing 1 play per game max to an actual NFL offensive coordinator

Fuck Gase. Fuck Manning. Fuck Johnsons.

All pieces of trash

17. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

What pisses me off more than anything is we wait for football all year. We listen to them talk about how great the team is all spring and summer long, we listen to them bluster about how many good players they have and have added in FA or the draft, how the the OL has been upgraded etc, yet, week after we when the season starts, they have no shot to win at all, no matter the opponent, they are inferior to everyone. It is mind boggling. The 49'ers were as beat up or more beat up than we are eve, yet before you have the chance to sit down to watch the game, it is basically over with an 80 yard TD run that btw, stunk of zero effort, right off of the bat.

This is groundhog day here. We watch the same game week after week, knowing our season is over before October 1 year in and year out. Our owner insults our intelligence proclaiming his HC, who has ruined our QB btw, is an offensive genius and has more to give as a HC.

I went to the gym after Anderson's 3rd down roughing the passer penalty, had enough. No point in staying home suffering. They are hot garbage and will go 0-16 most likely.

18. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm probably going to get destroyed for this but for at least today I will stand up against the torches and pitchforks and say Gase wasn't to blame (directly at least) for today. Giving up 50 yard runs on 3rd and 30's, little sweep run to start the game that just magically goes for an 80 yard TD. Darnold was making decent throws and getting rewarded with drops.

The one thing I saw today to rank on Gase for was (imho) way too many handoffs to Frank Gore. I get once in awhile to keep things honest but at his age those are almost wasted downs.

Today I think more than ever you saw the lack of skill players really screw the Jets over. Marginal to start with, without Crowder, Mims, Bell, and even Perriman they just didn't have any weapons and all of a sudden Herndon can't catch anything. Darnold just gets no help and this is really going to have to be addressed heavy in the next draft/offseason. Its really unfortunate that QWilliams pick couldn't have been something to help on offense with. That was just a very bad year to have the #3 pick in hindsight.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  19. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Some have said so, yes.

rammagen and boozer32 like this.
  20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit? Lol

This team is in ruins right now. We just lost to a decimated 49ers team at home.

Last year it was easy to look like shit. We had the worst offensive line and we were battling dozens of injuries, including our starting QB. What's the excuse now? COVID?

This team looks completely unprepared. If we had put up a good game today and lost, at least I can say we looked better than last week and we are fighting. The game today was a fuckin joke. The offense looks HORRENDOUS. Darnold looks horrible. Our wide receivers are non existent. Our defense looks putrid. The entire fucking team looks like complete dog shit.

Fuck you Gase. I stuck up for you for a long time. I had a lot of hope you would succeed and I gave you the benefit of the doubt week after week. I'm done. This team looks like fuckin shit. And I am embarrassed to wear anything that shows I am a fan