Is Sam already ruined?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jerryjeudy, Sep 17, 2020.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Then don't trade him. Duh.

Unless they're going to throw Lawrence to the wolves right away give Darnold a chance to improve his trade value with a improved supporting cast.

He'll still be what 24? 25? in 2021.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Unless they have the #1 pick and Lawrence is a "can't miss" (like Mahomes was), they shouldn't take a QB with their first pick. Get Sam some true #1 weapons and a good HC/OC and let's see what he can do.

NCJetsfan and BomberJet like this.
  3. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

On the plus side, Imagine if the FO had fallen in love with Allen and Darnold went and ended up on the Bills!

With that D and a decent to above average QB via decent coaching - The bills would be locking up the Division for the foreseeable.

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Nah you dont pass on Lawrence if hes there. Everything else is so much easier to acquire than the best prospect since Luck. If they passed on him without getting a stupid haul in return then I would be furious.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Sam has nothing around him to make him better.He had a good chemistry with Robby Anderson but they let him walk.He has zero to work with right now.

joe likes this.
  6. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

No thanks ...... Darnold is an average QB......Allen is a better QB with a better supporting cast. Darnold on Buffalo wouldnt be a good fit .......nothing about him is elite when I watch him play.

Woodhead and 94Abraham like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

You misunderstood what I wrote. I said UNLESS they have the #1 pick and Lawrence is a can't miss QB, they should stick with Sam and get him some weapons (and a new CS). I haven't watched Lawrence at all so I can't say he's a "can't miss" like I did with Mahomes, but if the Jets keep losing - I mean as the Jets keep losing - I'll start watching film on him.

8. ColoradoContrails

Thanks for proving that you don't know anything about QBs.

jetstopgun and joe like this.
  9. BuffaloBills06

I know enough to know when I watch both QB’s play I see one that’s better than the other.

I’ve seen Darnold in person, nothing about this kid jumps off to me as special......like what’s his strength that makes him elite? He looks like an Andy Dalton at best type QB to me. I think people want to be so right about Sam Darnold that they’ll overlook his bad games and point to his good games as the real him.

Darnold can equal 15 bad games and 1 great game and people will say that one great game is the real Sam Darnold. Allen can have 15 great games and 1 bad game and people will say the 1 bad game is the real Josh Allen.

As Bills fans we understand Josh Allen will never get the benefit of the doubt unless he wins a Super Bowl, but for now we’ll just argue on his behalf

10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Allen threw for 417 yards today with 4 TD's in the Bill's win. For the year he has 6 TD's 0 INT's. He is looking like a good QB.

11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This made my head hurt.

You're assuming Darnold had had more bad games than good.

That isn't the case.

It's fair though because I feel the same about, Allen. I've seen more bad games than good from him.

Perspective. It's fun.

12. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The case can't be made that Darnold is a bad QB if he's got no one to throw to and Gase is making the play calling/coaching. It's a tough argument because they have absolutely no talent in the skilled positions. Seriously, what player on this offense (excluding the OL) would start on any other team?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

He had played against the worst team in football. Jets

..and

The Dolphins. Who are another rebuilding team and not good either.

I think I'll wait till the Bills actually play against some good defenses before I start proclaiming the kid a good QB.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

Then you're doubling down on proving you're QB ignorant. Lucky for you the Bills are a far better organization and have surrounded Allen with talent and a good CS. If Darnbold had that luxury we'd be fighting the Bills for the Division. As long as Allen stays healthy - which won't be very long given his predilection to run - he and the Bills will do okay, but once he starts getting hurt that's going to end. Enjoy it while you can.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

I'll say this...he's not as bad as I thought he'd be. But I credit that to the good organization and CS he's on who actually got him talent and have coached him up. The complete 180 degree opposite of Darnold.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. BuffaloBills06

The media has hyped Sam Darnold up so much that it’s sad. You know what I constantly hear when it comes to Darnold from the media???? “ I still think Sam Darnold will be a good QB”...... that’s all I hear! Maybe the kid just isn’t that good! Season #3 and he looks no different than his rookie season. I’ll admit I’m not rooting for him to succeed in NJ, but my unbiased opinion nothing about the kid jumps to off at me as elite.

17. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

A lot of folks here are part of the Sam Darnold cult and will never blame him for anything. They refuse to see anyone in that draft class outside of Lamar Jackson to be ever be better. These same people were also in the Mark Sanchez cult as well. Josh Allen definitely has a much higher ceiling. He has an elite arm and excellent mobility to make plays with his legs. If he can just clean up his fumbling issues and work on his accuracy a bit, he’s a top 10 QB.

Billsfan1212 and BuffaloBills06 like this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hey... you're supposed to hate Josh Allen no matter what!!

19. BuffaloBills06

You do know Allen has to actually make the throws right? You dont throw for 400yds and 4 touchdowns just because of the players around you .......this isn’t 2019 LSU vs Georgia Southern......this is an NFL team vs another. This wasnt some garbage time stat playing from behind ......the kid had 200+ passing yards in the 1st half.

20. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

I get it that Darnold has "nobody" to throw to. Do we know he would be a consistent franchise qb if he did have the weapons? No we don't. All we know now is that he has been terrible the first 2 games this year. Whether its him, gase or both, its irrelevant because we will be in full rebuild mode next year. Do we role the dice on sam and pass on Lawrence with the number one pick? I would gladly take Lawrence with the 1 pick, a receiver with the other first and use the second and two 3rds to add to the rebuild.