Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good question. We see this kind of thing here almost every day, if not every day.

barfolomew likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It is both their faults. And Sam did this every time the Bills showed zero blitz. He's terrified of it because of the Patriots game and it's extremely alarming. You can't auto check to a receiver screen on 3rd and 10 every time you read blitz. You're giving the set of downs away.

Sabo shouldn't defend the coach but his assessment was correct.

twown, Jets81 and barfolomew like this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying and I do agree that you can't automatically check to that, but at this point as a coach you have to know teams are going to be doing it. Figure something out. Help your young QB out if you know he is struggling with picking that up.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah agreed. I'm not sure what the fuck the problem is here. The coach and player are reacting to it like the Ronnie Brown wildcat game vs. The Patriots.

Blitzing isn't a foreign concept. The protections are not being setup correctly whatsoever still and the auto check can't be a behind the LOS receiver screen.

5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Exactly. Gase needs to coach Sam (what a novel concept right??) that when he reads pressure to shift the protection, have Bell/Gore/etc. check into pass pro, etc. Sam has gotten so gunshy now when he reads pressure but it's almost like he still doesn't know how to counteract that, which is definitely more of an indictment of Gase than Sam.

6. dawinner127

It's been 17 games and they haven't been picked up correctly. I remember week 2 last year there were big debates on this board about the blocking scheme. Is that a Gase thing? An OL Coach thing? QB thing? It's fucking painful to watch

7. Jonathan_Vilma

It is and I can't figure it out either. There's nothing difficult about blocking schemes. Everyone steps right, back goes left. Everyone steps left, back goes right. Protect the inside man and the if there's more blitzers than blockers the QB has to find the hot read.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  8. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I'm still confused as to what the point of this video was - it appears that Sam had no one to throw to - no receiver broke free to get open - whether
    it was the rout running or lack of quickness by the WR's , Sam didn't seem to have many options.

9. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I also think he doesn't want to take a sack in those situations. I think being behind a swiss cheese o line his first two years has really shaped his decision making.

twown and SOJAZ like this.
  10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

And his new OL allowing plenty of pressure as well. It might be better than last year, but that’s not saying much.

SOJAZ and barfolomew like this.
  11. dawinner127

Which is Absolutely petrifying to think.

I remember Michael Nania did A break down of how bad that OL was last year and it was just as bad as Houston’s OL when they had Carr. Maybe Sam didn’t take as much abuse as Carr did with sacks but we literally did a David Carr to Sam. The jets should be taken to court for malpractice

twown, barfolomew and K'OB like this.
  12. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12, twown, K'OB and 10 others like this.
  13. Both those OLs were putrid but the absolute worst ever,stats be damned was the 97 Colts w Jim Harbaugh the yr before Manning came out.

That line had both Adam Meadows & Tarik Glenn at the OT spots,who likely are considered among the great Colts up front.But they were in their first seasons & had alot to learn. Those lines couldnt block anybody & were in recovery the second the ball was snapped..Harbaugh took some truly nasty shots.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If Sam is gunshy it's the fault of Gase not coming up with the right blocking schemes and plays that would prevent, or greatly reduce, the pressure he was under. This is the cost of making him HC, and it will continue to be paid until he's fired.

NYJetsO12, SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. JetsGuy

JetsGuy New Member

In a previous post, someone mentioned the problem of firing Gase would be that Loggains would not be a credible option as offensive coordinator. Well, our current running backs coach, Jim Bob Cooter, was the offensive coordinator in Detroit a few years back. I think with Gregg Williams as HC and running the defense, and Cooter running the offense, we can only improve! Just the opinion of another long suffering fan of the NYJ!

16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I have a draft letter that I plan to send to CJ and JD calling them out for the the team. here is an excerpt form it...

Personally, I find your (JC) statements to be specious at best and at worse, disingenuous to the fan base. With all due respect to you and Mr. Douglas, here are some facts that may have slipped by both of you and/or just ignored:

After one (1) game in 2020:

Rush attempts: 15 - NFL rank 32
    Longest run: 8 yards - NFL rank 32
    Rushing yards: 52 - NFL rank 31
    Tackle for loss: 6 - NFL rank bottom 3rd
    Time of possession: 18:44 - NFL rank 32
    Penalties: 9 - NFL rank 32
    Punts per play (lol): .11 - NFL rank 32

Not to mention – nine (9) penalties

enough of this BS....

NYJetsO12, Jets81, KWJetsFan and 3 others like this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I thought of Cooter, but honestly it's probably better we tank for the top pick at this point, and Gase gives us the best chance to do that.

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Gotta give the OL time to gel. First time this group has played a game with each other. It will get better. McGovern waa brought in specifically to provide better protection up the middle but also help Sam with line calls. The cohesiveness will only go up.

19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I thought “punts per play” was a nice touch.

20. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Homer: You're Darryl Strawberry!
    Straw: Yes.
    Homer: You play right field.
    Straw: Yes.
    Homer: I play right field too.
    Straw: So?
    Homer: Well are you better than me?
    Straw: Well I've never met you, but... yes.