SI: Becton vs Jeudy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jerryjeudy, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

And to add on to your point - the lack of a running game means that Sam was consistently facing 2nd and long and 3rd and long. Having more favorable down and distance helps the passing game quite a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan, chandler, FJF and 2 others like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Pretty sure the jets were dead last in yards before contact last year.

TonyFtLaud, Jets81 and MoWilkBeast like this.
  3. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I was going to say that but I wasn't 100% confident. Feels like they've been down there in that area for a good time before that as well.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Jeudy was the flashy receiver I wanted. Reminds me of a potential Barry Sanders of the receiver position haven't read about him since the draft but his footwork and stop on the dime acceleration is something, if remains healthy is something that football fans from all over will enjoy watching his Sunday highlights. I think he's going to become an absolute freak from day one.

Becton as long as JD knew what he was doing; is what our extremely young and up and coming Franchise QB needed. Praying he's the next D'Brickishaw Ferguson of Sam's blind side. 6'7. 360+? Freakishly athletic for a man/kid his size? I'm excited and anxious to see how he looks. After drafting him never knew heading into draft but afterwards read a statistic how he never once committed an offensive penalty? Pass blocked and protected for Lamar Jackson. No holding penalties. Not a single false start? Shows me and us focus from a man child this kid is humongous as a man I would not want to be in his way while Bell is running down hill behind him. Would love to see him pancake Jamal Adams one day. He's not my boy anymore. Hopefully we draft WR and RB/Center with his picks. And hopefully Seattle craps the bed and we get awesome A+ picks.

2006 wasn't sexy or flashy but I'd so love to see Sam protected up right giving us 2-3-10+ years of focusing on more offense.

I'm getting fired up about our offense especially Bell. I worry about our unknown Defense but hell with it fk defense look at my crazy username one of a kind and never won me crap but AFC heartbreaking loses give me the Sam Darnold and an offense 2020 why all of us talked up "suck for Sam" immediately following his Rose Bowl MVP performance outperforming Saquon who I loved who was greatness because I'm tired of focusing so much on Defense over the years. Good lucky Gregg Williams. But it's all Darnold, offense and fire power for me as a fan moving forward.

I take my 3-13 prediction back. My new answer response is... We go as far as SAM DARNOLD takes us.

Our new LT I hope makes passing on Jeudy look genius 10-15+ years from today.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I loved the Becton grab too....BUT I do have some mini concerns. Will he balloon up and be out of the league in 3-4 yrs? If he does and Judy goes on to become the next Jerry Rice will we ever forgive ourselves? If he's such a freak of nature, then why wasn't he the first LT taken? Why was he still there with the 11th pick? Even the Bucks picking 13 were thrilled to get Wrifs. Was JD the only one who 'saw it'?

All that aside, I was jumping up and down with joy when the Giants/Browns took Thomas/Wills, leaving Becton for us.

Time will tell!

6. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

I don't have any expectations for the defense at all. I'm just hoping that Sam Darnold plays well and can entertain us this season....Potentially giving us hope for the future.

7. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Becton looked very good for his 1st NFL game

His size and agility/size ratio is special

Had some issues with a speed rusher, which is to be expected at this stage in the game

Jeudy looked explosive, had a few nice catches but dropped a critical pass

I think Jeudy will perform better in Game 2

But being completely objective, I’d give Game 1 to Becton

Becton 1

Jeudy 0

twown likes this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

You doing this every week?

apjbfc and papapump like this.
  9. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

At least we know the reviews are going to be completely objective.

I think I speak for all of us when I say THAT is a load off my mind.

FJF, MaximusD163 and Jets81 like this.
  10. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

I wish there were more threads like this

Many in this forum preferred Josh Allen in the 2019 draft

A Josh Allen vs Quinnen thread would have been pretty entertaining last year

It looks like it’s gonna be another long season, we may as well look around the league to see “what coulda been” vs “what we got”

11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So wait, did Jamison Crowder have more than double the yards as Jeudy? And Jeudy had 2 drops?

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

This is deep, insightful analysis from a top quality thread that makes it so rewarding as a fan to keep coming back to the site. Your opinion is obviously well respected around these parts and the original idea to rate two different players that play two different positions on two different teams, well that definitely holds a wealth of relevant value. Please continue.

Noam, Jets81, apjbfc and 6 others like this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Jets81, FJF, MoWilkBeast and 2 others like this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Dont be so hard on yourself

Attackett, Jets81 and FJF like this.
  16. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I think back to the start of the 2009 season when all we had Cotchery and basically scrubs at receiver before acquiring Edwards 4 games into the season. If my memory is correct we were 3-1 at that point. Despite having crap skill positions we had probably one of the best offensive lines in franchise history D’Brick, Mangold, Woody, Faneca, and Moore and the rest was history. Ever since we have neglected to rebuild it and I hoping Douglas does so because that’s a major component to becomes competitive again.

Jets81 likes this.
  17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

That’s why he’s committed to it, thankfully. He realizes that if you can’t run the ball or protect your quarterback, you’re not going to win many games.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  18. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Hopefully Gase figures out how to run the ball sooner rather than later.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jets81 likes this.
  19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I guess Jeudy's 266 yds and 1 td in 5 games kind of cooled off this thread. Crowder has 382 yds and 2 tds in 4 games.

20. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

JerryJeudyWinsChampionships

apjbfc and stinkyB like this.