Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I hope that's true, but based on historical evidence, I'm doubtful. Still, I take it as a positive sign that Johnson felt like he needed to make a statement at this point. It's an indication that even in his ignorance, he's aware of the growing disgust of the fans with his (CJ's) performance and his brother's before him. If he is being honest in his claim that he's a big fan of the team and wants them to win, he needs to prove it by putting his ego aside and admitting what a mistake hiring Gase was and fire him. Then getting the hell out of the way and letting Douglas make all the football decisions.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Him doubling down scares the living shit out of me. I feel like he is trying to be proactive to calm the fires before they go wild???

NCJetsfan, NYJetsO12 and barfolomew like this.
  3. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

If we look bad against teams like Miami, Indy, Cleveland--that will go a long way in determining Gase's fate.

We can lose 42-0 this game and it will be a hit, but not as much as one thing. Miami in particular is huge because they are rivals, are rebuilding as well and is Gase's former employer. Losing to them would be a kick to the knees to the Johnsons.

Cleveland would look bad as well.

NCJetsfan, NYJetsO12 and barfolomew like this.
  4. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I think he is embarrassed by all the media scrutiny of him. Hoping to save some face. But i think he is dealing with lot of displeasure. And feels the heat. I would not be surprised he has given warning to Gase, play better this week or gone. Maybe already preliminary talk with JD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Sack exchange

One more point, I think CJ skater than we give him credit for...

barfolomew likes this.
  6. Sack exchange

Smarter...

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well said. Chris had to say something, but calling him one of the best offensive minds in the league was a bit too rich for my blood. May be he is, but Gase is one of the worst HC if not the worst head coach in the league hands down. He can not lead, nor motivate, and unable to get the respect of the players, and incapable to put players in the best position to win. Herein lies my problem by wanting another offensive minded coach above all else, no, we want the best HC possible period. Being offensive minded does not mean two shits if you cant lead the entire team into a successful, cohesive and well prepared unit. If this team does not give an A+ effort Sunday, and they play like a HS team with a game plan to match, Gase needs to go and William take over interim. No more waiting. And yes, Chris needs to let a football guy like JD make the next pick.

#4307 LAJet, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    NYJetsO12, SOJAZ, Jets81 and 8 others like this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd say he has good intentions, but is ignorant when it comes to football decisions.

barfolomew likes this.
  9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

This is what it comes down too. The Johnsons giving Douglas full control. I’d mentioned it before, but I believe that is what will ultimately happen, regardless of where he shows up on the organizational chart. They gave him a long contract and had to work hard to get him to commit to coming here. Clearly he has their trust.

REVISion, NYJetsO12, LAJet and 3 others like this.
  10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch that Marvin Jones interview with Cimini? Jones pretty much summarized the whole core of the problem with this team:

"the players have taken on the personality of the coach" - and it shows, sad to say. You could make the case that Belichick is pretty much in same vein, but the difference is , Bill has a system in place and knows how to get the players gears in motion. Gase has no clue.

11. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

The issue is CJ wont call out his failure for hiring a bad coach. it is best to cut ties now and try to get a winner on the sidelines who engages the players. This is a letdown from ownership hiring a bad coach, TO JD for not at least trying to solve one or two or the holes on this roster even if we are not going to win a super bowl you should always field the best team. Again Clowney wanted to be here for 12 to 15 million a yr they did not sign him and this yr again no pass rush that is JDs fault. To the coach who cant motivate a team or put together a winning game plan

#4311 rammagen, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    SOJAZ, BomberJet and barfolomew like this.
  12. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

You’re all crazy. Gase is making progress...he just needs more time. Sign the man to an extension, and get ready for Lombardis down the road.

barfolomew likes this.
  13. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

He is where football is going, we just need to wait for football to get there

Jets81, SOJAZ, BomberJet and 2 others like this.
  14. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Take out the papers and the trash...

Yakety Yak

Don’t come back

Garbage Gase

15. Sack exchange

Talk about sugar coating... stealing tactic from belecheat.

16. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Brady would have 10 rings by now if he played under an offensive genius the caliber of Gase

It sucks for him that he got stuck with an underachiever like Beli

rammagen likes this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Is that you, Wyatt?

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Anyone watched or watching “Hard Knocks: Los Angeles”? I haven’t watched since Rex’s Jets and decided to binge watch it the other day. I really had wished we would gets to see Gase and the ins and outs of Jets training and how he works with the players. Maybe Gase is a genius with Xs and Os but wonder how he is really developing a chemistry, pride, and getting players to developed.

These two Head Coaches for the Rams and Chargers seem miles ahead as far as working and talking and developing and prepping the players. Chargers who some say will be weak seen to be heading in the right direction in rebuilding and staying competitive, something Gase hasn’t been able to do every game.

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I saw this video yesterday. Why is Sabo trying to defend Gase? Not understanding the defensive concepts is directly on Gase and the lack of preparation.