2020 NFL Week 2: San Francisco 49ers @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 14, 2020.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm finally over the Bills loss. Took just a little over 48 hours. On to San Francisco. No Bell, No Mims, No Cashman. So that is no good. I think the offense will be okay with Gore and Adams. They just signed Ballage too.

The 49ers defense is really good, so I think Sam will still have a tough time. Becton vs Bosa will be a good match-up. Hopefully Perriman and Herndon can get more involved too.

Defensively, it won't be easy, but Jimmy G doesn't run as much as Allen, so the Jets can focus on pass coverage a little more. Kittle may not play.

Overall, the Jets have a chance, but it will depend how they bounce back. San Francisco is the defending NFC Champs and don't want to start (0-2).

2. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

over/under is 42.5 sf is -7

prediction: SF 35 NYJ 7

at the bye week, the jets are 1-9 , after 2-4. total 3-13

question is which team is the upset loss to the jets before the bye?

the buffalo taxi squad figures to play the entire game in week 17.

# tanking for trevor ? as long as gase is the h.c. , the need to intentionally tank is not necessary

i tried to call the orchard park p.d. on sunday at 2pm to file a missing persons report on the jets offense......:mad:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

another mess like last sunday, and the halloween pitchforks and torches will appear far before october

and i can see the peasants storming the castle at atlantic yards.

have they dug a moat yet? :eek:

NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Niners sign Sanu. Just in time. Weird seeing teams help out their young QBs.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Richard Sherman placed on IR.....sounds like Kittle will be game day decision.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The Jets were so unprepared and out of sink against the Bills that I feel like I haven't seen them play yet this season. I can see us not being great but we actually regressed which makes no sense except that we didn't prepare properly. I have no clue what we are going to see from them on Sunday. If its a repeat of last Sunday then Gase is the worst.

NYJetsO12 and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

San Fran: 49.
    NY Jets: 0.

What I'm saying is that, this game is over before it started. San Francisco a SB returning team is going to destroy us with no mercy.

NYJetsO12 and SOJAZ like this.
  8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. . San Fran: 49.
    . . NY Jets: 48.

. . What I'm saying is that,

9. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Also not practicing on Wednesday were receiver Richie James (hamstring), cornerback Jason Verrett (hamstring), and cornerback Ahkello Witherspoon (concussion).

Officially, Kittle didn’t practice on Wednesday.
    “[H]e’s battling,” coach Kyle Shanahan told reporters on Wednesday, but is expected to play.

The 49ers are going to be without cornerback Richard Sherman for a spell.
    Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that Sherman is going to be placed on injured reserve on Wednesday.
    Also without Deebo Samual

#49 BudJet, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  10. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Great, so instead of 50-0 we’ll lose 42-21

NYJetsO12, K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

They still are a much better team for the most part. Even if Kittle ended up not playing I don’t see the Jets having a shot at this one.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How about Mostert? Will he be playing? He's one of the guys that scare me the most on the Niners.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Doesn't matter what we look like this Sunday. No fans will be in the stands to boo these guys. Chris Johnson's opinion is the only one that really counts and he's in love with Gase.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Sanu sucks. Them signing him is akin to us signing Hogan. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

15. Big Cat

No Sherman or Deebo, looking like no Kittle or Aiyuk. Jimmy G looked even more lost than Sam week 1. SF coming over all the way for a 10 AM game with mandated last minute travel because of COVID protocols. It’s the perfect time to restore respectability against a “defending conference champion” even though they’re a shell of that team right now. If this game isn’t competitive it’s time to go full scorched earth.

Mogriffjr, CotcheryFan, Aero and 4 others like this.
  16. Big Cat

Seriously, this is the perfect matchup for our defense. That unit has been moronically built this entire decade to stop the downhill running game and it literally never matters because teams just throw the ball at us. Now we’ve finally got a game against a team whose entire offense is built around establishing the run, whose QB isn’t a running threat, and whose pass catchers are all out.

If we can just stop the run (probably the only legitimate strength of our football team) this should be a win. But since it’s the Jets, I’m sure the run defense won’t show up the 1 week it actually matters.

Attackett, CotcheryFan, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  17. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Sunday:

[​IMG]

Monday:

[​IMG]

18. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

They cynical defeatist in me sees a "just typical" scenario developing here. Our important new rookie WR Mims is of course injured and out of action. Their important new rookie WR Aiyuk is now cleared and ready to go this week. I can just see him having some huge breakout Stephen Hill type first game to bury us and make it even more shitty that our guy is stuck healing a hamstring injury.

Kind of like when we didn't draft Josh Allen and took Quinnen Williams who was literally doing nothing to help, and then when we play them Josh Allen is annihilating our QB. Just made it that much harder to watch.

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

35-10 niners.

20. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

The jets suck so bad that even if the starters with Mosley, bell and a time machine to bring back Anderson couldn’t beat the 49ers back ups:

NCjet fan is will still say how great the depth is at WR and Perriman and MIms are great and everyone is great