The Return of The Hidden Production: A Quinnen Williams story

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 6-10 once again, Feb 10, 2020.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Nobody turns first round picks into 3rd/4th round picks like the Jets. Maybe the only thing they're consistently good at.

2. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Not sure about stats, but watching games last yr, he was pretty stout against the run. Making some nice plays for loss. Seemed like he had a presence on the field as play developed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boozer32 likes this.
  3. Sack exchange

I thought Shepard was our best interior lineman latter part of last year.

blackssmagic likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not blaming the guy, and I don't think anyone else is, either. We're blaming Mac and are upset because he had a golden opportunity to get the Edge that we've need for so long, and the lack of one is still killing our D.

In the case of Trumaine, he dogged it, so he deserved blame and criticism.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  5. Sack exchange

Trumaine was done, as I believe not in league this yr.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Too much crying over one game in an opponent's home field - especially at Bills ....give it a rest ...... and give this more time.... your never as bad as you look , which always rings true. Singling out one player has been the same tiring topic with this fan base. Adams is gone so now it all goes on Q's shoulder? He's only 21 - and on a DL there's still growing pains.

7. Sack exchange

If we beat the 49ers it would certainly stop the chatter, but we were so bad Sunday, it just angers folks that were excited even level heads know we are probably not that good a team with bad coach and plan.

8. NCJetsfan

Excellent post! I have to laugh at the idea of comparing Q to Aaron Donald. With the Jets, Q has looked more like Old McDonald or maybe Jaelynne Donald (Aaron's wife), rather than Aaron Donald.

#248 NCJetsfan, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    REVISion likes this.
  9. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

fair enough
    it sounds like a lot of people are shitting on Q though

I posted a link with the history of DT picks. it's a list, in short, of "Never heard of him." which is the typical life of a DT

I personally wanted Josh Allen but Q is our pick and I'm rooting for him. We'll see how it turns out

10. NCJetsfan

He is probably done, but I think his not being in the league has just as much to do with the fact that he also dogged it with the Jets

11. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I can’t wait till we draft the next 3-4 lineman. You pair him with “the sons of anarchy” and we’ll be a contender next year!

12. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Yeah, the one thing I will say is that when you have some questions on the offense that involves new personnel and key players out on injuries, and a coach that is not even close to being adept at game plans with giving Darnold nothing to work with, it's a major issue. I never liked the Gase hiring. The Johnson's should stick to selling baby powder - operating a football team is not their forte.

I was listening to an interview between Rich Cimini and his guest, former Jet LB Marvin Jones who still follows the team religiously and he came out with a comment that is so obvious that not many have picked up on :

"the team is taking on the personality of their head coach"

sad but true.

So now we can understand the reason behind why Adams wanted leave this team.

#252 BomberJet, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

We're all rooting for Q, but are we not allowed to point out that he's been a big disappointment so far? If he doesn't play well he's going to get shit on, deservedly so when we spent such a premium pick on him.

14. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Took a peak at a 49ers message board today. More than a few members have poked fun at some of there own posters about who's gonna have a better game Sunday, Bosa or Baby Q. Apparently some were vocal about wanting Williams over Bosa in 2019.

Oh to be in that spot as a fan one day.......making fun of you turds cause we took the right player :)

Cromartie's_kid likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Players can always be criticized. That's why we're fans. Given the fact that we haven't had a legitimate edge rusher since we traded away John Abraham and have spent 6 premium picks on defensive tackles there was always going to criticism if he wasn't an instant stud. And you never spend a first round pick on a run stuffing defensive tackle unless you're picking at the backend of the first (and even then it's questionable).

My point was that 1) regardless of the fact that it was the wrong pick for the team doesn't change the fact that the player was an absolute stud his final year in college and considered to be an excellent prospect and 2) it's not just a foregone conclusion that he's already reached his ceiling in his 10th NFL start.

16. chandler

everyone can do as these please of course. But if i think the guy is dogging it, not coming in shape, being late to meetings, giving up on plays etc. I would blast away

But if he's doing all of the above, and he simply wasn't worth the draft slot or contract that's on mgmt.

and to the larger point, the problem with DT is they rarely "flash" -- so there is always the hidden production issue -- yet many teams think they're important enough to warrant 1st round grades. there are only so many Aaron DOnald (picked much later btw), Sapps and Suhs. There are a lot wihtout sexy numbers. As Jets fans i think we're jaundiced because we got Snacks as a run stuffing DT as an UDFA

I say the above, even though I was frustrated we didn't draft an edge, ANd i am hopeful if we get some great Edge play a guy like Q will benefit (because frankly the opponent is not worried about our line at the moment and the only person they have to pay attention to is Q which they are doing with impunity)

ouchy and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

"jaundiced?"

[​IMG]

18. chandler

is that TOm Brady's hand? :)

jaundice: 3: a state or attitude characterized by satiety, distaste, or hostility

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

Never seen/heard it used in that sense before. Thanks! I love learning new words, new meanings to familiar words.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Where's this clown at?

88toon likes this.