Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I'll say this, which is pretty interesting, Gase has ostracized players more than any other coach I remember since following the sport in 1998. Maybe some of you vets out there can give me more names to research?

This guy literally has to find players that for some reason can tolerate him (i.e. Gore, Ballage, Fales, DT, etc.) It's obvious he's one of those guys that limit his circle to the few that can tolerate, but can't command the respect of a room. It almost seems that he needs his guys to help manage the room.

Great coaches don't do this.

K'OB, rammagen, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  2. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Probably not, he has a great gig where he's at.

I'm not sure if a dollar amount even exists. When you make as much as an upper echelon coach you can afford to pick and choose based on quality of work environment.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eh. There's 32 NFL head coaching jobs. David Shaw is a good coach and I'd love to have him. I don't think he's one of those guys that can pick and choose where he wants to go though (like Riley, Harbaugh, etc.).

I like the idea of going to college for a coach. Breath of fresh air. I could see Shaw wanting to make the jump. He's probably maxed out everything he's going to do at Stanford. They'll never out recruit USC or Oregon at this point either.

I also like Dan Mullen and Chris Peterson but I think Peterson retired no?

FrontOfficeFanatic and K'OB like this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

At least there is only one way to go now :rolleyes:

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

God this hire has been such a disaster. Wonder where we would be today if we had Kingsbury or Rhule.

Pepsiguy5, grkmanga31, K'OB and 5 others like this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The craziest part is literally 0 Jets fans wanted Gase. ZERO. I remember being annoyed that they even interviewed him. Seemed like a waste of time.

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

on this past sunday, around 2pm, i tried to call the orchard park police department

to file a missing persons report for the Jets offense.....

the line was busy, no doubt other jet fans were all trying to call at once....:mad:

Since1969 likes this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

This obviously means the next Jets HC will be Matt Patricia. :eek:

The Dark Knight likes this.
  9. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I have seen the future.

Our next coach is Jason Garrett. Screenshot this.

barfolomew likes this.
  10. Just imagine the massive green tarp-esque poncho theyd throw on him for sideline gear.

11. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I've screenshotted it. You may be a prophet my friend.

12. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Long time no post.....hasn't been worth it. I didn't watch the game on Sunday and I'm glad I didn't. CLEARLY didn't miss much. I guess I'll take the time to hit the coaches tape so I only have to suffer through an actual hour.

I was vehemently opposed to Gase but got laughed off the board. It's not true that ZERO Jets fans didn't want this guy. I can remember quite a few riding his jock all the while I was banging against the wind that this fool wasn't a leader of men. I guess I "Told you so" isn't really worth it at this point.

Everyone of you better be wrong about Patricia as well. The LAST thing this team needs is to re-regress back to a damned defensive minded head coach! Offense wins in this league! I'm actually kind of tired of the "Same Ole' Jets." Its pretty disgusting. Ehhh...stepping away again. What a waste....the Johnson's need to sell this team. We will never be any good under them.

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

What in the world did I just read?

I want to vomit.

grkmanga31 and barfolomew like this.
  14. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This captures the spirit of the longtime Jets fan very well.

We've seen so many colossal, hilarious mistakes that we see them happening again from a mile away. Gase, Quinnen, all the DT picks, all the Maccagnan picks, the Bell trade.

It's just so discouraging when you KNOW your team is making all of the wrong moves in real time and are utterly powerless to stop them. Being a Jets fan is like investing in a company with a special needs CEO.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Well the Kotite era did lead to the Parcells era and the best decade of Jets football in my lifetime. So I guess at this point I’d sign for that repeating.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I think part of his problem is that he’s just not a likable guy. He’s also done some weird stuff during games. Remember the time he was sitting by himself on the bench drawing up plays? Nobody would go anywhere near him.

Would anyone be shocked if it leaked that he’s lost the locker room?

17. CotcheryFan

Some of the best HC's in history were/are assholes. But, they knew/know how to motivate players, put them in a position to succeed, and had good staffs around them. Gase falls short to some extent in all three.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Definitely, but he doesn’t have the track record required to pull that act off. He’s not a successful asshole, he’s just an asshole.

Since1969 and REVISion like this.
  19. The only thing i disagree with is the staff around him not being good.Which almost makes him individually look WORSE. This is a very good coaching staff.Hes just the wrong leader & a bad coordinator which minimizes everyone around him’s skillset

20. CotcheryFan

I guess I can't get over who his OC is. But, upon further review, the staff isn't as bad as I thought.

NCJetsfan, Jets81 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.