The positive of all this

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjetsgreen, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Again, we're not going to agree but I think you are completely undermining your entire argument when you make claims that he is as bad as idzik and Mac and questioning whether he even wants to win.

And you continue to claim he didn't recognize how bad these positions are. I think he knows damn well how bad they are. But with an entire roster needing to be rebuilt, he grabbed guys where he felt their value fit and he restrained from spending a fortune in free agency in a year handicapped by a pandemic.

Again, he has completely loaded us with picks in next year's draft coupled with a ton of money in cap. You can not like the constant "next year" approach but that's the only approach a competent GM should take. The difference will be whether he hits on his picks and makes the proper moves with the money he has.

Until then, I am not labeling him as equivalent to the likes of Idzik and Mac.

2. Falco21

Yeah, it's bad on film

3. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Rinse and repeat? How many QB careers are we going to ruin before we fix the real problems?

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

We should have started a pool like 15 years ago.

5. Jedi mind tricks

I'd laugh but this makes me sad

6. Falco21

I'm not going to get into it as I did on the other thread, but what QB careers did we ruin? LOL

Greg McElroy
    Geno Smith
    Bryce Petty
    Christian Hackenberg
    Mark Sanchez
    Eric Ainge
    Kellen Clemens
    Brad Smith

We don't ruin QBs. We have no fuckin clue how to draft one

NCJetsfan and NYJFOREVER like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

How bad is this Team???..REALLY bad

The Owners are clueless...Sam sucks ..the HC sucks ..CJ Mosley on vacation with millions ..Bell an aging bust who got millions...

What's the Jets favorite movie ? answer: "Taken"

I've supported SD and claimed he has talent but 3 years later he acts like a Geno Smith?? smh . Dare I say it? : Was Dave Gettleman right sidestepping Sam for Barkley???

Today on WFAN Boomer and Gio were letting Jets fans rant on the radio...one guy called in after Boomer was saying be patient with Team and Sam and told him "I started being a Jet fan in HS after they won a SB …now I collect Social Security and I am supposed to be patient!!??" lol sounds just like me guys.

So the wind up is never be foolish enough to make any won lost predictions about this team, organization....or go so far as I did , blinded by hope and desire to see a shot at playoffs this year

With the Dumpster Fire I witnessed yesterday not sure if 1 win comes along tbh

#87 NYJetsO12, Sep 14, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

We can always try to fire Gase. Worked on Idzik, right?

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep.. could try

The jets are like some incurable disease ..you know your a step away from death so you will take any medicine or treatment out there

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Sorry but I’m raising the BS flag. Not after this game and not for a second. So because we didn’t draft a WR with the first pick this year or a Pass rusher we are ruining his career? He was fucking terrible this game and had fuck all nothing to do with that. Missed wide open receivers, totally confused, pathetic foot movement and had plenty of pocket. Don’t throw this first game with the Catch phrase we are ruining his career. He is doing that all on his own right now and he better fix that problem. Enough with the Sam excuses. No doubt we need to strengthen the above positions, but if Sam doesn’t step up it doesn’t mean two shits.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Maybe Sam isn't our Mahomes. Maybe Sam can't elevate a shit team into a SB contender.

Maybe Sam is just avg, or just above avg. Maybe Sam actually needs 52 other men playing good football.

If Sam is above avg but not elite, can a strong oline, RB, and good TE/WRs put us over the top.

Maybe we all just have to sit tight while JD builds the WHOLE team.

12. Jedi mind tricks

Uh no we're ruining his career by having him coached by clueless coaches all 3 years and constantly changing personnel around him no consistency

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

You could argue we ruined Sanchez by stripping the team down, replacing his weapons with Derrick Mason and Plaxico Burress, but Sanchez was never very good. Darnold is the first potential FQB this team has had since Pennington and they're actually ruining him before our eyes.

The absolute ineptitude of this franchise never ceases to amaze me.

5 of our first rounds since 2010 have been IDL. We passed on Watson and Mahomes because Hackenberg was legit.

Instead of firing Mac with Bowles, they let Mac hire a head coach that literally EVERYONE in the league knew was terrible. They let Mac spend 75M on a RB and an ILB while leaving Sam out to dry with no protection and let him use the 3rd overall pick on ANOTHER fucking IDL instead of taking an edge in a draft stacked with them. Then they fire Mac AFTER letting him ruin our entire offseason.

An absolute joke of a franchise man.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Coaching is an issue I do agree. That is squarely on our idiotic ownership. JD gave him essentially a much needed new OL and two WRs. We could use more weapons but Sam is not stepping up, The opposite so far. I feel the problem was created last year when we kept Mac for another dismal draft and an equivalently shitty free agency. Basically screwing JD for all of 2019 with no moves.

papapump likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The bold is 100% right on and the reason we don’t have better weapons for Sam. 2019 was a major waste of personnel reshuffles and money while adding no real Offensive help.

16. NYJFOREVER

There's a million reasons why we don't have weapons for Sam.

I think Douglas is the right GM for us, but he's got to improve edge and WR in the offseason.

All I know is that if AG is still the coach of this team next season, I will be done. I cannot let the ineptitude of this damn franchise ruin the sport I've played and loved my whole life.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's not an eiter/or situation: they do have idiots (well I won't include JDin that...yet) picking talent, AND tehy also haven't anyone competent to coach them. That's why it was such a massive mistake to have passed on Mahomes who is such a huge talent that even they couldn't have fucked him up. Would he have done what he's done in KC? Absolutley not! But he would've been the best QB since Namath, and probably surpassed him eventually.

This is a make or break year for Sam, no matter what obstacles are there. It's not fair, but it's reality. If he doesn't show consistency in performing well, they need to consider alternatives. That means if they have a top 3 pick they need to seriously consider taking the best QB available. If not, they need to have an open competition for the job. But the first order of business for any team is to find a FQB, SO far, the Jets don't have a proven one.

papapump likes this.
  18. Jedi mind tricks

Not disagreeing on Sam but the team hasn't done him any favors. Tough seeing all the rookies making plays.
    Could've had Claypool, Dobbins, Jefferson, or Shenualt

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I ga
    I gave AG the benefit of every doubt, but that ship has sailed. I’m hopeful we don’t finish the season with him at the helm, but I don’t know who with should roll with. I have my doubts about Williams.

dawinner127 likes this.
  20. NYJFOREVER

If it were me, I'd fire AG and make Williams the interim HC with Jim Bob Cooter at OC (not ideal but it is what it is), and I'd hire a QB coach strictly to fix Sam's footwork.