Gonna Be A Long Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Sep 13, 2020.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

When your safety and slot corner is your leader in sacks

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

a long season? its going to be a short season, certainly no chance of the playoffs and the players look ready to quit now

matt robinson 17 and KWJetsFan like this.
  3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

It's just one game. I'm not predicting playoffs, but things could get better. You never know.

FJF likes this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

No fans in our stands? Doesn't even feel like football anymore. No more Jets chants coming up? Fk this virus I hope NFL just cancels the season after week 5 and give us a top 5 pick. I hope Sam Darnold pulls a CJ Mosley because he hates Gase and doesn't want to play for clueless JD either too. And just quits on our ass.

Know what will make it an even longer season? Both Anderson and Adams continuing to ball out for their respected teams. While 1st round BUST Perriman and that pos Safety Middletown continue to look like TRASH.

And oh yes how many of us wanted Jeudy/Lamb 1st Rd? Well Lamb looking AWESOME 1st game ever tonight!

In JD I trust in? Fk no! HE STINKS WAY WORSE THAN MACC. At least players wanted to PLAY with Macc here.

5. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I’m usually one to try and find the bright side.

but this team is a dumpster fire

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

to be honest, hard to imagine how they look any worse than they did today.

7. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

It's gonna be a long season but this ain't the reason why

8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

The team just isn’t talented enough....we basically punted on the season by rolling over salary cap and Mosely/ Adams was the nail in the coffin

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Could be the worst season in my time. Expecting something like 1-15/2-14.

10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

You go into the season with hope despite the obvious warning signs, but of course they showed their ugly head today. Before the season started I knew this would likely happen.

Gase is still the coach. I get that we don't want to appear to be the Cleveland Browns (though our record the past decade says otherwise) and fire our coach so quickly, but this isn't a normal situation. Gase was put here to help Sam and improve the offense. Last year he has the worst offense in the league with Sam only improving marginally, which can't even be attributed to Gase. Chris Johnson should have realized this was just a bad mistake and moved on from it despite how it would look. They have a decent GM and QB they needed to show more urgency here.

Speaking of urgency, what was with this offseason? McGovern was a good and obvious signing for this team. The rest were 1 year prove it deals which is great for cap flexibility but not great if you have a rookie QB on year 3 of his rookie contract. We sit out the rest of the offseason with $30 million in cap space as if we are too good to sign an edge pass rusher like Clowney or other players during the start of free agency. No trades to help Sam even though we have like 11 draft picks next year.

I understand this roster needs a lot of pieces to be competitive but the problem is we have no idea if our QB is worthy of the 5th year option or a second contract. Joe D supposedly wanted to make helping Sam a priority but his actions spoke louder than his words here. He is playing this like we are in year 1 of a rebuild (again) and punted on this year.

It just seems like this team never has any vision, it does one thing while saying another thing and the end result is failure.

boozer32 likes this.
  11. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

This could be Kotite-esque.

12. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

K'OB likes this.
  13. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I had more fun back then (I was 11) ... this is worse

14. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I think it has the potential to be even worse than that.

We're staring down the pike at yet another long rebuilding process (fixing the damage that Gase has done while still fixing the issue that Maccagnan created), all while having ruined a potential franchise QB and having to search for his replacement.

mattyd99 likes this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. .Maccagnan and Idzik before him are major reasons why the Jets have one of the worst rosters in the NFL.

. .You do not flip a roster with holes in . every . single . unit . in one year.

FJF, Centiment and Jake like this.
  16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We had all offseason to make the offense better and Joe Douglas made it worse...My fear is that Joe is being influenced by Gase.Anyone see Robby Andersons week 1 in Carolina?I thought Perriman was a viable replacement?thats all i heard all offseason.I just hope Mims contributes right away.

boozer32 likes this.
  17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Im down with taking the coordinator from KC Eric Beinmey.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Maccagnan is the worst GM maybe in history of the NFL over a 4 year span.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If this season goes as expected, then Douglas may need to go too. It isn't fair to him, but if there's a high-profile coach who wants to come here because we're drafting Trevor/Fields/Lance and wants total control, we can't let Douglas get in the way of that.

20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The Jets are in a perpetual loop of terribleness. It's so hard to keep supporting this team.