Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I’ve literallly seen nothing to suggest Gase is the right guy to lead this team.
    It baffles me that people still blindly defend him. Has there been anything positive in his time here or Miami to inspire confidence?

It sure seems like uninspired play, and inflexible/non-innovative coaching to me.

alleycat9, SOJAZ, FlaJet and 7 others like this.
  2. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Gase has ruined my Sunday’s since hired, above and beyond Bowles did except for 2015. And I hat was disappointment in the end. Even we had cushy schedule end last season, finishing respectfully was not good thing, it kept Gase here another yr. it was illusion that jets were any good. Get rid of Gase now so at least we can build something rest of yr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alleycat9, SOJAZ, FlaJet and 3 others like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No. When you look around the league at other coaches, Gase seems really bad. He says mostly the right things and seems knowledgeable, but what matters is how the team plays on the field, and it is embarrassing. McDermott was 5 steps ahead of him. Maybe 10. Definitely deflating for a fan like me, who hoped Gase could prove people wrong.

SOJAZ, FlaJet, Brook! and 6 others like this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Let’s face it. Our hell was extended by our incompetent ownership when we hired Gase instead of firing Mac and getting a real GM.
    We have put JD in a no win situation. This team is poorly coached from the ground up.

5. The problem is..as bad as it looks for Gase..the offensive personnel is just as bad if not worse. This team literally deprioritized offense for the better part of a decade. Thats before considering the constant turnover & scapegoating of offensive coordinators. You really couldnt draw up a worse offensive foundation w.o creating an offensive version of Jamal Adams to tear apart of the locker room.

So while i dont want gase here a second longer than when its ultimately concluded hes not the answer, its not a decision to be taken lightly..if anything it perpetuates the stigma over constant turnover,lack of cohesion & continuity on offense which has PLAGUED this franchise dating back to Herm.

Where ever we go from here offense has gotta come first.Not just Coaching.Not just QB.Not just OL.This franchise desperately needs to figure out this offensive crisis.A problem position or 2 is one thing.But an entire unit being completed neglected,turned over & beaten down w no firm plan cannot go on.

J-Raw24, SOJAZ, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  6. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

If Gase ends up getting canned it will be interesting who they hire--

Have to think a possibility is someone from the Ravens tree because of our front office--I'm going to throw out one I'm not a hug fan of but I could see it happening.

Jim Caldwell

[​IMG]

barfolomew likes this.
  7. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I've watched quite a few games today and it's almost like the jets don't even play the same sport.

The defense forced 2 fumbles and we managed to score 3 points. We've had the same issues as a team for as long as I can remember. No edge pressure, shitty CB's, slow linebackers. Our offense looked out of sync, we looked disjointed, and today was the first time I really had some serious doubt regarding Darnold being the future franchise QB.

My fear is that our wonderful owners decision to hire Gase will result in wasting Sam's sophomore and junior seasons where he should have been getting better and has already set us back a few seasons.

If we go 4-12, no shot Gase is back

SOJAZ and barfolomew like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Spot on. Watching the Rams/Cowboys noe and it looks like a different league. Never mind Seattle, NO, KC, the Ravens and so forth.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Gase was either on meth or crack during his first interview as a Jet ever. The eyes don't lie. That man was on something. He did not look normal. He did not look like a head coach. He looked like a fkn crack head phien on the stand. A druggie junkie is who he is and takes his druggie demons out on his players by having a weirdo personality with them.

He should have been drug tested and then fired the minute he got done with his interview.

FlaJet and barfolomew like this.
  10. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

Imay be wrong but it appears the Jets and Bills were at almost the same stage of development three years ago when they drafted their QBs. And here we are now getting crushed by them. Is that a fair assessment? They’re way ahead of us after starting at the same spot.

barfolomew likes this.
  11. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

TO: SWITCHBOARD OPERATORS (1 JETS DRIVE)

--------------------------

Do not, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, put through any phone calls from Peyton Manning to Chris Johnson

Brook!, HomeoftheJets and barfolomew like this.
  12. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Gase isn’t good but I feel like the personnel of the team is worse. We are a bottom of the barrel roster with no star power whatsoever

SOJAZ, The Dark Knight and barfolomew like this.
  13. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I see why we passed on MM ... how in the hell did he not kick a FG

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

We aren't the 99 Broncos, but we have serviceable pieces. We have one of the most versatile RBs in the game that this fucking doofus doesn't like and or know how to use which is a fucking embarrassment. We have the possibility of having a great pair of TEs that could line up and be dangerous threats. ADAM GASE IS ABSOFUCKINGLOUTLEY CLUELESS. It's the organization's own fault for even looking to even hire him. He was a failure in Miami and drove Tannehill out of town, and he's ruining our once promising top 1st round pick QB. He and the hobbit Johnson idiots have set this franchise back YEARS.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Gase sucks, but this team is absolutely horrendous. We'll be better off just cleaning house after the season both coaching and personnel wise. Douglas has atleast set it up nicely with all those 1 year deals.

I fear we will hire Eric Bienemy who is likely a product of Reid/Mahomes.

King Koopa likes this.
  16. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

This is a bottom 5 roster easily, and probably bottom 3

I like Bell, but he’s not that good anymore, sad to say. He can still catch and run routes well but overall he’s pretty underwhelming

We have some nice secondary pieces in the WR/TE area but without any #1 it really hurts. Who are defenses game planning for? Where’s the game breaker on offense at all?

The oline seems improved but it’d be a real stretch to even consider them average at this point.

Darnold is probably in the bottom third of starting QBs until he actually shows otherwise, as much as it pains me to say

On the defensive side of the football we’re basically a bunch of no namers with a few decent pieces....CB and pass rush is a wasteland. Where are the star/ impact players? Marcus Maye is good but I wouldn’t worry about literally anyone else if I was the opposing offense

I understand the Gase frustration but the talent on this team is very poor

17. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

The only guy worse than Gase is Mike Mccarthy lolol that idiot went for it on 4th down at the 13 down by 3

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

He's so right. Can't wait to see who the Jets hire as their next crappy ass HC.

barfolomew and rammagen like this.
  20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think I heard this correct - Gase has 30 career losses in the NFL and 20 of them are by double digits?