Who Should be Coach in 2021?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Linebacker712, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It'll be Eric Bienemy who will probably crash and burn without Reid's system and Mahomes.

legler82 likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I've defended Gase a lot. He ended up doing a good job last year despite the disastrous start.

I agree it's too early. He ends up having the same problems as we saw with both the end of Rex's tenure and Bowles. Some games are just lost at kickoff because the guys don't look ready or interested in playing. It's frustrating because I see a team like the Bills who are well coached and always show the fuck up. They might lose but they don't give up 3rd and 10 scrambles when they have the QB dead in the water like we did to Allen.

That play was disgusting to me. Completely gave up when they "figured" he'd run out of bounds short of the marker and he got it.

If we come out with another 3-4 piss poor fucking efforts then I hope everything's on the table in terms of firing.

3. egbert souse

egbert souse Member

Gase had experience.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The issue with Gase was simple, he was just fired from Miami for sucking as a HC and the Jets were influenced to hire him by a call from Manning.

There was no other reason why the jets hired him, he did nothing offensively to show he was the right coach.

Fans are now stuck with another losing season because the Johnsons won’t fire him mid season.

5. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

I don't have a specific person but I strongly recommend not picking a newly fired coach of another team.

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

What’s their excuse for playing like ass from the start then?

MoWilkBeast and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

LOL. Sorry pass

rickjet likes this.
  8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Hopefully, someone who can run a tougher training camp than Gase. Two receivers out the entire training camp and the #1 RB injured first game.

barfolomew likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

The Johnson's are going to fire him at the end of October if we have 1 win. Christopher Johnson's comments in Miami indicated to me that he's not going to mess around forever.

Gase wasn't the best choice. But I think his season was incomplete last year due to the offensive line disaster. He has a lot less excuses this year. The line is much better - the receivers are equal.

None of that matters though. The team looked disinterested in playing today. They fought in the second half a tiny bit. But there was no effort at all. Absolutely inexcusable and completely on the head coach.

Reminded me of the first quarter of the Steelers AFC Championship Game.

boozer32, bmfc1, barfolomew and 2 others like this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I think they have a great HC/GM combo. They've built around Allen while we started the process a year later. We must upgrade the skill position group next offseason or we'll be back to square one shortly.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree, but another 2-3 games like this one, and I'll be ready to hand him his pink personally.

MoWilkBeast and JetsNation06 like this.
  12. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

We do need to give the season more time but let's be honest, it's not going to get much better. We may have a few highlights (ok, very few) along the way. However the team looks like total ass overall.

It always starts at the top. Gase and the entire staff need to go. The Jets will never learn but I'll say it again anyways. Clean house completely minus Douglas and let him pick his guy. That's the only way we'll ever have a chance at getting this thing on solid footing. Otherwise the franchise is in Circle Circus mode and the shit show will just keep spinning perpetually.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

They do. McDermott looks like he'll bang his bare head into a locker to get his team fired up if they feel flat too.

The Bills have built their structure well and they're flat out a better team. I was hoping Darnold was going to flash his Favre-like ability and wizard his way through their defense but the early three and outs crushed us.

Gase needs to get Darnold into early rhythms. Get him easy completions and he'll get going. He struggles to start games and I'm not sure why.

14. CotcheryFan

I wonder if McCarthy would've gotten the job if it wasn't for that phone call. He seemed to be where Reid was in 2013, a largely successful run with a team, but needed a change of scenery after things came crashing down.

15. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No the mistake was in not firing Mac soon enough. It makes no sense to continue trying to run a straight line the wrong direction. Gase is way over his head as an HC. I think Bielemy/Riley would be good choices who could get the most out of Darnold.

16. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

If you think the diff in the Jets being good is resigning two guys one who was overpaid based on his stats and talent Robby and another who wanted to be paid 18m and locker room cancer was gonna make the Jets any better im glad Mac is gone. He prob would of handed Adams 24m and 190m gtd. Those picks will help with speeding up the rebuild with a GM i trust far better than anything we have had recently. In the trenches and skill positions Jamal Adams wasnt going to move the organizational chains for us.

17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I was all for giving the guy a chance, but I’m not seeing anything that indicates that he’s the answer. Ditto for Sam, though I really believe he was dealt a terrible hand in coming to the Jets. Anyone who comes to the Jets is dealt a terrible hand.

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Literally anyone else is my vote at the moment - someone working in marketing or in the catering team? give them a go maybe

19. CotcheryFan

It would be so Jets like if Sam bolts after his rookie contract ends and becomes a stud for another team.

JetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

It looks like he still hasn't learned Gase's offense.