2020 NFL Week 1: New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Marc Kryjewski

Marc Kryjewski New Member

Good Morning Jets fans, long time Bills fan sending your some pregame greetings.

I’ve read all the posts and wanted to add my perspective.

As a Bills fan here are the areas I’m concerned with.

1. The Jets pounding the rock successfully and leaving short down and distance so that Darnold can use the short passing game to spin the clock.

2. Well planned and conceived blitzes from the Jets to create pressure on Allen and force a key turnover/s that keep the game within reach of the Jets.

But looking at the things in the Bills favor, I see the following

1. With the Jets having 5 new offensive lineman the Bills use Tre White to take Perriman out of the game, allowing them to play 8 in the box shutting down the Jets running game and short passing game.

2. The Jets corners being no match for the Bills receiving trio of Diggs, Brown and Beasley. Offensive line stability allows for picking up of the Jets blitz packages and Allen hits deep throws to wide open receivers.

Note: Rain could be a factor in the outcome

Being honest I really can’t see the Jets holding the Bills under 27 points tomorrow and don’t see how the Jets can get past 17.

So my prediction is Bills 31 - Jets 13

AndyDrums and 6-10 once again like this.
  2. ERJETFAN

ERJETFAN New Member

Don’t necessarily disagree with any of your points you made here. I actually think it’s very accurate.
    However I just think the score is closer than that.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't see anyone picking the Jets on any tv networks or websites. I still think the Jets are going to win though. Am I delusional? Find out tomorrow at 1:00! :D:cool:

ouchy and FJF like this.
  4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

If I were a Bills fan I'd feel the same way. Heck I'm a Jets fan and I feel Buffalo probably should win the game and the division this year.

That doesn't mean that's how things will play out.

This has gotta be a scary season for you guys shoud Buffalo somehow find a way to not beat the Jets tomorrow or not win the division this season ooh ya have to question the Beane-McDermott plan.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Newsflash:

EVERY team is playing under the same circumstance.

And what's this talk of a revamped o-line? Either they're good or they're not that's how I look at it.

My hope is that Becton is the real deal he (& the rest of the o-line) set the tone for the Jets offense. Physically he's a monster so he'll be impossible to miss good or bad.

If they're good the Jets o-line should control the line of scrimmage and the Jets RBs should be able to control the time of possession. At this point Darnold is a veteran so he should be able to manage the game well enough.

On the other hand if the o-line looks like the horrible Texans the other night :(

I'm crossing my fingers for the good scenario.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Maybe it’s because I’ve accepted how bad we are going to be for about four months now but is anyone other than me just thrilled to have a football Sunday regardless of how terrible we are? My expectations are so low that the only thing that has to happen is football on my TV and I will be happy.

Brook! likes this.
  7. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

With all due respect, you can’t see the Jets holding the Bills under a point total they didn’t eclipse in 14 of their 17 games in 2019? (2 of which were the Dolphins and 1 was 28 vs the Giants).

cmon

Brook! likes this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

My Goodness..Is tomorrow Sunday??. Yikes . ..Showtime for Sam Big Ticket Ding Dong the Bell and some Mims

But the real action will be on the Defense with QW Avery W B Mcdougal Maye Poole and yes N Shepard to keep this mother close!!

If it's a Defensive battle ..we have a shot at a 3 -7 point game

If Becton starts steamrolling Bills .., get a running game >>>.we could win with some luck!

LAJet likes this.
  9. Marc Kryjewski

Marc Kryjewski New Member

I see the addition of Stephon Diggs, the addition of an upgrade at RB with Zack Moss, another year of continuity of the offensive line, another progression in the play of Josh Allen and a change in philosophy by the coaching staff to open the offensive up and and put the foot in the gas.

Add in that the Jets have no Mosley, no Adams, no Williamson, two new below average corners in Desir and Austin, no pass rush without blitzing which may be a disaster for the Jets based on how weak the corners are, and lastly a gimpy Marcus Maye.

Unless your offense can hold the ball and run the clock you are in big, big trouble.

Please tell me how we can’t score more then 27

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Lookin good!

KWJetsFan likes this.
  11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Great.

We get to watch a bad team play in horrible weather, what a great start to the season.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  12. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Been a crazy off season.. just wanted to say we made it boys!

KWJetsFan likes this.
  13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I really didn't think we were going to have a season because of Covid. I never let myself get excited about this year once. Now admittedly, I think we're going to suck, but tonight is the first time I'm totally excited about the season. Can't wait!

14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I personally do. Thanks for posting.

It is game day. Wake up biacthes. It is 8:45 am here in Turkey. Game starts at 8 pm. 11 more hours to go for me. Planning to be hammered by game time.

Go Jets! Go Sam! Go Bell! Go Crowder! Go Herndon.

Centiment likes this.
  16. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Game day here in the UK.

My morning cuppa will be in my Jets mug.

My dog will wear his Jets collar.

My whisky during the game will be from my Jets shot glass.

Let's go!

Ptflea2, Centiment and Brook! like this.
  17. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm drunk, but did I ever tell you I dated a Turkish girl for 7 years? We even got engaged. Her family wouldn't let her marry an American. Bunch of sh*t about her being Turkish and Circassian. Broke my heart and I never got over it. I don't remember it anymore but I even learned how to speak Turkish for her back in the day.
    Merhaba. Nasiilsin? Love of My life.

Brook! likes this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You are better for it man. Turkish families are full of drama anyway. :)

KWJetsFan likes this.
  19. twown

twown Well-Known Member

STUDS AND DUDS

Studs

Becton -- He looked a little shaky at times, but he mostly held his own and opened a couple good holes.

Mann -- We're going to get out money's worth out of this guy.

Sam -- I know his numbers don't look good, but the weather was bad and look what he was working with. Overall, I would say it looks like he's making progress.

Duds

Bell -- he had a couple nice runs early, but then he just disappeared. He's just not the same player.

Austin -- Ugh. He needs to just forget this game ever happened.

Gase -- I hate his whole family.

Wait... Has the game started yet?

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

A few snippets

1 Is this the Allen who is the most inaccurate QB in the league with throws over 20 yards?

2 Is this the Allen who is the most inaccurate QB in the league with throws over 20 yards?

3 Is this the Allen who is the most inaccurate QB in the league with throws over 20 yards?

dawinner127 likes this.