Predictions aside, what do you HOPE FOR from the 2020 season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Sep 9, 2020.

1. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

My hope is I can make it throught the first 5 minutes of a game without falling asleep.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

3 quarters actually.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Im with U :mad:

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

With Gase as HC & the idiot brothers as owners 4 th place inthe AFCE:mad:

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I’d like to see the Jets 2 min offense and defense be above average.

I’d like to see a reliable short yardage back emerge.

I’d like to see the defense not give up a couple of soul crushing third and forever first downs every week.

I’d like to see a punt returner who can do some real damage. Not just make fair catches.

baby steps for me. Not expecting a lot of wins.

6. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Eh, they were at least in a 1 score game against a division rival in the 4th quarter.

The season literally ended when Darnold was diagnosed with mono. That sucked ass. I didn’t feel a single emotion about this team after week 1. Just make me care in October and I’ll be happy.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I know nearly neked ladies may be a distraction to watching the game. So think of it like this: You are actually watching the NCAA Cheer Competition while some dudes play football in the background!

dmw likes this.
  8. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

#1. Sam proves he is a no question franchise QB

#2. Adam Gase shows he is a coach that develop young players and win games ( I can’t think of one young player he’s developed)

#3. Becton is a franchise LT

#4. q. Williams shows he is worth the #3 pick and not a fat wasted run stuffer

5. Mims shows he is capable of being a starter in 3 wide out sets.

ouchy likes this.
  9. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

If we get #1 & #3 they can compete for a Super Bowl this season.

I'm very excited to see Becton tomorrow but at the same time apprehensive.

I now understand why he was considered a boom or bust prospect. I hope that we got a boom he could really change this offense.

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

I hope for a 2020 Jets SB. Which is the same thing I hope for every year.

In regards to player hope, I hope Sam Darnold goes to the All-Pro as a 3rd year great Hope.

ouchy likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I hope I win MegaMillions and PowerBall back to back. As long as I'm being ridiculous, I hope the Jets at least threaten to make the playoffs.

I really hope that Adam Gase either shows the majority of fans here were wrong and proves he actually can lead this team to the promised land or he exposes himself as the imposter he has been to the extent that the Jets organization has no choice but to remove his ass forthwith. I hope Sam Darnold develops poise and consistency and allows his football skills to flourish. I hope that Mr. Bell has had some kind of revelation and has rededicated himself to using his athletic ability most productively.

I hope that the Jets wake up in the morning and find a receiver corps in their stocking and don't have to wait until Christmas for that wish to come true. Likewise another running back or two. Hopes for a secondary with an understated and overpraised cornerback. Hope for the front seven to play every play and make us smile. Hope that when the Gods of the kicking game flipped their coin this year it came up "heads."

But mostly hope that we actually see progress, see guys having a good time and focusing on their jobs as they experience some success on which to build. Hope that they be permitted to to embark on whatever personal crusades that are important to them without the distraction of involvement or criticism from those who have not walked in their shoes. And finally, hope that we can realistically judge them for their actual effort and performance, not overplay their successes or construct elaborate excuses for their failures.

ouchy likes this.
  12. Whatever gets the 2021 offseason here the quickest. And if theres time,after this crappy roster spits out their all too familiar pitiful 4-5 wins..id like the Anti WR segment of this fan base to eat their words.Over 10 yrs of arguing w a crowd that has no desire to score points or enter modern football roster management,its personal.

#72 KurtTheJetsFan, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2020
    ouchy likes this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

No WR taken by day 2 of the 2021 draft and I'll be right there with you. Not quite there yet because the OL needed a makeover.

NCJetsfan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  14. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Just wish Covid-19 doesn’t do much further damage and impact much NFL schedule.

Jets rushing game is the strongest point to eat up possessions, and move the chains.

jets passing attack improves.

That we don’t lose the season in the first 5 games.

LBs are healthy and effective.

ouchy likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Me too!

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I want to see the full NFL season play out without any player getting sick with Covid. I don't expect that to happen, as some people don't have good sense, as we've already seen by Isaiah Wilson's example.

I want to see strong growth and progress by Sam and the offense. I want to see Sam stay healthy and play all 16 games.

I want to see the team show up prepared each and every week, and compete, playing hard and smart, not beating themselves. I want to see solid, respectable OL play. I want to see Gase's play calling, handling of Bell and the offense improve. I want to see him coaching and teaching and exhorting the players on the sideline (including the defense), not sitting by himself working a Crossword Puzzle or whatever it is he does when he goes off and sits by himself. I want to see the D continue their strong play and not miss a beat without Adams. I want to make that SOB a distant memory, and laugh at him languishing on a bad Seahawks team.

I want to see substantial progress/improvement from Q. Williams. I want to see continued growth and strong contributions from young players like Herndon, Jenkins, Fatukasi, Phillips, Shepherd, Maye, Austin, Berrios, and Vyncint Smith. I want to see strong contributions from Becton, Mims, Davis, Zuniga, and Huff (if he stays on the roster and gets to play).

I want to see the team pull off an upset or two, and clearly show the NFL that they are a team that will have to be reckoned with going forward.

Most of all, I want to see every game after Oct. 4 this season. I am in the process of buying a house and am closing on Oct. 2, and probably won't get moved in until the week of Oct. 4. I plan on breaking open the piggy bank and getting Direct TV so I can see all the games after I move.

ouchy and Royal Tee like this.
  17. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Super bowl - quit the drugs

18. WarriorRB28

QUINNEN WITH A SACK!!!!!

Nearly had another one before.

19. WarriorRB28

Allen is having his coming of age game at the Jets expense.

20. WarriorRB28

How could they get down 21-0 with no fans in the stands?

Now Darnold with a delay of game penalty in a empty stadium.